The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Worst Trick You Have Purchased (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..17..20..23..26..29~30~31 [Next]
highmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of highmagic
My drawers really are full of crap... Marvoyan's Compact Key, the above mentioned Pocket Levitator, Alexander De Cova Universal Holder... I still have to understand why I bought that stuff
VMC_Alex
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of VMC_Alex
Quote:
On 2003-02-21 19:08, EvanAndrews wrote:
Quote:
On 2003-02-21 08:08, cheezycool wrote:
Anyone for the Svengali Deck?

I would have to agree with you on this one, I hate the Svengali deck!

Three more to add. I really don't like these, guys: Lethal Tender, Scotch and Soda, and the RAVEN!!!!

You guys are just ditching some of the greatest classic gimmicks. Why do you not like the Svengali deck?! I don't use mine anymore, but these three tricks blow the pants off people! I hate it when magicians burn something because "It's too easy" WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO MAKE ANY HARDER FOR YOURSELF?!
Winslow Homer
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of Winslow Homer
Why are you guys buying what obviously sounds like junk from the description of a trick.
psychokinetic pen... LOL
consider money lost an educational investment.
i would like to know who is changing my profile all the time and why.
drop me an email.
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1650 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Winslow Homer,

You don't like PK Pen ???

Any reason you don't like it ??
Winslow Homer
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of Winslow Homer
Just read this description:
"A Bic brand pen is balanced on the edge of the table or a glass. The performer may then walk across the room. After exerting tremendous mental powers directed at the pen, the pen slowly wiggles then moves and finally falls! You pick it up, begin to return it to your pocket but instead use it as you would any ordinary pen.
An uncanny display of your mental powers done with an "ordinary" everyday Bic ink pen.

Each pen prepared by hand

Includes one gimmicked and one ungimmicked pen "

So what???
I did want to make a comment on the "uncanny display of mental power" of whoever buys this thing but I've decided not to...

The worst I ever got was "Cigarette Pierce" from Daytona Magic. Nice brass prop but no cigarette fits in it; so it's useless.
By the way, don't get me started on Daytona Magic, maybe someone should start new thread: worst magic dealers?
drop me an email.
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1650 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
How about using a rolled up banknote ???

You can show it to non-smokers as well.

T. Smile
Winslow Homer
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of Winslow Homer
Thanks, I thought about it but it won't work. It just won't come out of the tube later on.
drop me an email.
2003 user
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of 2003 user
You can use a cigarette named "MORE". IT can fit in .
Devils Advocaat
View Profile
Loyal user
London
248 Posts

Profile of Devils Advocaat
Quote:
On 2003-05-28 04:51, highmagic wrote:
My drawers really are full of crap... Marvoyan's Compact Key, the above mentioned Pocket Levitator, Alexander De Cova Universal Holder... I still have to understand why I bought that stuff

Compact Key is also one of the very worst things I have ever bought! Just go out and get a couple of keys cut, then take a hacksaw to one of them. Smile

Probably all of JB's back catalogue resides in my 'Krypt of Krap'. No, that's too harsh, only 99% of it. Smile

Frank. Smile
"My Karma ran over my Dogma..."
Tim Taylor
View Profile
Veteran user
1970 - 2012
375 Posts

Profile of Tim Taylor
Well my vote is for Spectral oujia board. The good thing is I got it for less than 1/2 off!
I guess what makes it so bad is it was exactly what I thought it would be. Also I am having problems with getting it to work well on a table.
Any advise?
"Even a mosquito gets a slap on the back for a job well done" - Tim Taylor
carly
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of carly
my vote is for ash felt Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2664 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
I guess what makes it so bad is it was exactly what I thought it would be. Also I am having problems with getting it to work well on a table.
Any advise?

Stronger gimmick.

s
Winslow Homer
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of Winslow Homer
i know cigarettes named "more" they are so thin of course, there will be no question in spectators mind that my nails bypassed it somehow.
no, the effect is a turkey.
also, there is a lot of effects thet are not useable in real life but are pretty good, like 2wenty1. i guess before buying you have to ask yourself or better imagine yourself doing the effect and all the implications.
Also, maybe a good idea to expose the scam artists that sell those products?
i think there is nothing wrong exposing for example 3 card monte new york swindlers yet i don't think it takes away from the art, the act itself. you can still practice it and show it and earn money doing it, but there is a line you should not cross.
funny thing about being scammed and ripped off is that we fill a sense of shame ourselves. like we are to blame for it or such... nonsence. unless you got taken in twice, remember fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me!
drop me an email.
BIlly James
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of BIlly James
I really hated 'Vanishing the Statue of Liberty'. I mean it looked good when I saw David Copperfield do it, I don't know where he got his from but I bought mine from a guy at a market....maybe I should have gone to a magic dealer.
I don't know....maybe my magic skills aren't up to scratch but I just can't act 'natural' wearing a thumb tip that size.
trainerjep
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of trainerjep
hmmm not sure what you are talking about, thumbtip, Copperfield, hmmmm i don't get it..
i know there was a packet trick called 'vanishing statue of liberty, but
thumbtip, i am so confused
It's not the size of the wand,
but the magic in it !
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5267 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
BIlly James, you just need to gain a lot of weight. That effect is supposed to come with gift certificates to McDonald's.
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1650 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
D. robbins used to sell a T'T called the "jumbo thumb tip"

it was soooo large, you can see from miles away.

T. Smile
M for Magic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of M for Magic
My opinion is still out on Thought Transmitter.
I have used it with mixed results. Some cases I admit my handling was at fault, but there were other times when I was 100% on, but the audience member was like "No way let me see that wallet" or "If you are a menatlist, do the same thing without the wallet".
May be one of you guys can tell me where I might be goofing up before I pass judgement on the T.T.
Sean Lough
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC
213 Posts

Profile of Sean Lough
Billy--

I had the same problem when I bought Don Wayne's "Walking Through the Great Wall of China."

Not only was I disappointed in the method (PK magnet) but the shipping costs were ridiculous.

S. Smile
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
LOL, is it just me or does jconstans' avatar look like actor Benicio Del Toro?
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Worst Trick You Have Purchased (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..17..20..23..26..29~30~31 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL