The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Worst Trick You Have Purchased (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..12..16..20..24..28..29~30~31 [Next]
FTAMagician
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of FTAMagician
Well...still nobody's listed the effect that I marketed a couple years ago!

I'm working on making it even better and I've, as they like to say, just totally killed[i] with it in the past! A way to fold a playing card into 4ths and be [i]clean during/after doing it (all they see is the deck and empty hands) and the folded card ends up inside two sealed business cards. The new effect will be even better.
cardican66
View Profile
Loyal user
Alabama
222 Posts

Profile of cardican66
Sanada gimmick
Hell Bent (Harlan?)
Regards,
LLoyd

Experience teaches only the teachable.
Aldous Huxley (1894 - 1963)
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
FTA,

Your wish is my command. Please excuse the oversight. Here goes:

I think your effect you "marketed a couple years ago" sucked. There, does that make you feel any better? Anything to help. Please let me know anytime I can be of further assistance. (grin)

BTW, what was/is the name of this effect?

Best regards,

Turk
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
Terry,

Good idea!

The Raven takes a bit to setup, but it's fun to play with.

Jakks
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10784 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Hey Jakks,

You said that Reality Twister is the best gimmick effect out. If that's so, what about your card through window??

I think Reality Twister is the bomb of the year. Who wants to carry a piece of lens around with them and a fake twisted pen?
-vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
I don't know, hy would anyone want to carry a deck of cards, a plastic TT or funny unspendable coins with them? It's all about what you do with them. But I highly recommend that none of you perform Reality Twister. It's terrible. Allow me to be the only one performing this awful trick for people. Please.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
Vinny, the gimmick I use for my card thru window is only for my card thru window. The Lubor lens is very versatile.

Jakks
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
Square Circle and Die Bomb!
WR Smile
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
gtxby33
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of gtxby33
Quote:
On 2003-02-24 19:12, marko wrote:
I don't know, why would anyone want to carry a deck of cards, a plastic TT or funny unspendable coins with them? It's all about what you do with them. But I highly recommend that none of you perform Reality Twister. It's terrible. Allow me to be the only one performing this awful trick for people. Please.

The Reality Twister is one of the most downright awful pieces of magic that has ever been created. Paul Harris is one of my favorite performers, but this was just terrible. All it is is a glass lens, an insanely weird looking pen, and an optical illusion. Not to mention the spectators have to be practically bending down unless you're a midget. The Reality Twister just does not cut it. Personally I don't even think the power of patter can help this piece of junk.

-Max
white hats rule.
EvanAndrews
View Profile
Regular user
California
128 Posts

Profile of EvanAndrews
I agree Paul Harris is awesome. What I don't get is that people like you run around places like here and say negative comments about things you have never played with before, performed, or have even seen. I happen to know Max that you haven't. Also...How can Paul Harris be one of your favorite performers when you have never read or watched any of his videos or publications let alone you have never watched him perform?

And also, nobody seems to give any credit to Lubor Fiedler when they think of Reality Twister! It is possible that he might have been responsible for the stupidity of the trick. How do we all know that Reality Twister was a mostly Paul Harris influenced trick?
????.....Yeah
gtxby33
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of gtxby33
Not only have I seen Paul Harris' video but I have also played around with the magnifying glass thing from Reality Twister. Furthermore, would it really even matter if I have personally seen him perform? No.

-Max
white hats rule.
Jax
View Profile
Regular user
London, UK
170 Posts

Profile of Jax
My vote for worst trick is 'Alida' by Ben Harris. Utter rubbish !
Eric Grossman
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, MO
429 Posts

Profile of Eric Grossman
I work weekends in a magic shop in St. Louis. I've seen some real trash. Firstly, to end the Reality Twister debate, it sucks. Paul Harris' name is on it, so it is his. It is a cool little optical illusion, but a piece of magic? No.

Float, by JB Magic is the worst piece of junk out there.

Also, I agree about Just Think, Thought Transmitter, Nickel and Ring.

Guys, I have to admit, that I have been fried by Svengali decks because I never expect, or suspect, that a magician would use one.
family/magic/music/life
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
734 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
I would call Float the worst I bought. I think I paid around 40 bucks for it the first week it came out. Now I've seen them on sale somewhere for 10 bucks. It's a piece of garbage! Smile
Isramagia
View Profile
Regular user
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
114 Posts

Profile of Isramagia
The Thought Transmitter has had powerful responses from lay people I've used it on, but Healed and Sealed has not been a big hit for me. Maybe I'm presenting it incorrectly. Smile
Izzy
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
On 2003-02-24 22:29, gtxby33 wrote:
Quote:
The reality twister just does not cut it. Personally I don't even think the power of patter can help this piece of junk.

-Max

Then don't perform it. I'm sorry the trick isn't what you'd hope it would have been, but at least be thankful it wasn't expensive. Many magicians on these boards have spent lots more money on things that were truly awful. But your dislike for the effect is not going to make my audiences, nor the audiences of the other performers on here who also use this trick, enjoy it any less Smile
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
gtxby33
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of gtxby33
Quote:
On 2003-02-25 15:33, Isramagia wrote:
Healed and Sealed has not been a big hit for me. Maybe I'm presenting it incorrectly. Smile

For me it's not presenting it, it's just that I dislike it. I do not like the set-up.

-Max
white hats rule.
manipulator
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, Texas
319 Posts

Profile of manipulator
Quote:
On 2003-02-21 17:34, Sean Fields wrote:
Werry's Transformer is AWFUL! The ad reads completely different than how it is actually utilized. It is essentially an unworkable gimmick that is almost identical to Incredi-Go, which was a unique gimmick at the time it was released.

I agree with you. Werry's Transformer is a joke. I was so disappointed when I got it. It's one of the worst trick I've ever bought.
Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
You guys just don't realize the effect of Reality Twister. Then again, if I and only a few others are doing it WooHoo!

Jakks
Joshl2000
View Profile
New user
Berkeley CA
9 Posts

Profile of Joshl2000
I bought something involving two matchboxes that opened and closed mysteriously. It broke before I could "master" it. Also a mentalist trick that was nothing more than a pen with two different color inks and a pad of paper. Really dumb routine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Worst Trick You Have Purchased (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..12..16..20..24..28..29~30~31 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL