We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Worst Trick You Have Purchased (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9..13..17..21..25..29~30~31 [Next]
FTAMagician
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of FTAMagician
I'm gonna HAVE to see if I can find Expertmagic's website (do they have one?) just to see what they have!

Anyway, I have a room full of magic I've bought that I don't use (well..it IS a small room but still....)! I'm going to have to set up a table on the side street at Colon some year and see how much of it I can sell. Not all of it too bad, most just not what I thought it was when I ordered it. (We ALL know how that is, huh?)
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Switcharoo and Matrix 2003 would definitely be in the top ten.
debaser
View Profile
Special user
Boulder
552 Posts

Profile of debaser
So I watched the clip for Matrix 3000 last night and it looks good. I can see how someone might buy it after seeing the video.

However, I take it that if you saw it in person you would just laugh.

I have a couple of guesses on how it was done, but one in particular. If I'm right, I'm sorry for those of you who bought it.

Matt
miracle
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
95 Posts

Profile of miracle
I'd say Coin Matrix 2003 and Ninja 1 & 2 !
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
Steve Fearson' "Insertion". Steve is a great guy and I thought the ad looked good. A cardbox visually penetrates a selected card. "Awesome," I thought, "this is what my audience wants, to see my spectacular cardboard penetration abilities!" Unfortunately, the angles are as bad as you can get, the props are unuseable, and the penetration is less than convincing due to the flimsy nature of cards. It was a joke. The joke was on me.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Terry
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of Terry
How about this:
Rattle Bars from Daytona for $75.-- what a rip!

Completely Cold - I guess I didn't understand it - a rip.

The Envelope Please - the instruction start with "To do the effect you need a confederate..." a real rip!

Predict the Square Circle - a kiddie rip!

Color Monte - a flaming rip!

Kennedy's Sonic Silver - mostly a rip!
daniel1113
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of daniel1113
I don't know... Color Monte is probably my favorite packet trick, and one of my favorite effects overall. It's clean and amazing.
Daniel M. Carrico
MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
Sorry to hear you all don't like our effects.
Calling us rip off artisit is just sad and if you have seen any reviews of our effects, they get bad and good.
Real Floating card has gotten nothing but great reviews.

But we learn from things like this as we're a new company and you can always email support@expertmagic.com
EvanAndrews
View Profile
Regular user
California
128 Posts

Profile of EvanAndrews
I was just curious, do you guys come up with anything that hasn't been done before? It seems to me like this Real Floating Card is just a thread hookup. And you have to remember, your reviews are coming from 12 year old kids who think they are magicians and want to do magic and be like David Blaine (gimmick freaks). How reliable are they?
????.....Yeah
Dave Egleston
View Profile
Special user
Ceres, Ca
632 Posts

Profile of Dave Egleston
There was a trick called "THIMK" I never showed anyone after I bought it. I was that ashamed. I think it was a Dan Harlan invention.

I think I was the only person who ever bought one!!!

Dave
EvanAndrews
View Profile
Regular user
California
128 Posts

Profile of EvanAndrews
What is the effect?
????.....Yeah
gtxby33
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of gtxby33
Well, I can't wait to get bombed for this! Healed and Sealed... I'm not saying it is bad, it is just the worst trick I have ever bought and I don't buy a lot of items other than books and cards. For you people who are thinking of buying it: Don't be let down by this post. It is just my opinion and my opinions are usually very strict. Like the set-up, it only takes 1 minute but for me that is a long time.

-Max
white hats rule.
pyro
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of pyro
I think Easy Float and Matrix 2003 are pathetic tricks.
Andrew Wong
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of Andrew Wong
Shameless Open Prediction 2 is the worst item I ever bought!!
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17062 Posts

Profile of joseph
I bought an item called UFO, which is a floating straight pin. Unfortunately, the spectators have to be about a foot away in order to see the pin, and it was an awful set up. The gimmick can be used for other effects far better than what they use it for. Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
dillib
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of dillib
Anyone for the Svengali Deck?
Jim Tighe
View Profile
Veteran user
West Virginia
363 Posts

Profile of Jim Tighe
Marked Prediction by Rich Marotta is extremely weak IMO. And for all the hype it got initially I would also say the Ariston Rising Cards is very disappointing.
SVG84R
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of SVG84R
Yeah, Healed and Sealed.
I have problems with that too. It's hard to set it up in 5 minutes, but it's not a bad trick.
Maybe it's just me.
KC
View Profile
Special user
Utah
550 Posts

Profile of KC
Quote:
On 2003-02-21 08:08, cheezycool wrote:
Anyone for the Svengali Deck?

Cheezycool,

The Svengali is a great trick. Unfortunately, it has been pimped out to the masses at every magic shop as well as on TV. But if you routine it properly, you can easily fool your friends in the local magic club with the Svengali deck.

KC
iSawThat
View Profile
Regular user
The Ivory Tower
188 Posts

Profile of iSawThat
Bob Hummer's Whirling Card is a bit on the bad side, as is Sam Woodrow's Heavy Metal and Out of Control. I'm a Sankey fan, and when he advertised these on his website and endorsed them I thought they might be good. But I've come to learn slowly that Sankey's gimmicked effects aren't really up to standard, and his videos and books are a much better gauge of this guy's creativity.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Worst Trick You Have Purchased (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9..13..17..21..25..29~30~31 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL