The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Worst Trick You Have Purchased (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..25~26~27~28~29~30~31 [Next]
Fiddling-Steve
View Profile
Loyal user
Danbury, Connecticut
212 Posts

Profile of Fiddling-Steve
I got metemorph too, haven't used it, haven't even tried it out.

My least favorite is Sal Piacente's Expert Card Magic Lecture Notes. I only have vol. 1, but I have never used anything that is in this, either because of the L--O--N--G setups or because the effect isn't all that amazing to a layman, maybe to a magician.

Posted: Jun 12, 2005 12:56pm
-----------------------------------------
(sorry, forgot to add this in)
But please be aware I don't' really like it because I like effects that are almosts fully impromptu. Many people on the Café love this set, but I don't.
Stick to the classics,

Stephen
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Hengky, when I received my protocol 153.51 trick, the bottle of solution was only half full. After reading other posts on this forum, everyone had the same experience. The solution dried up so fast, some people never got a chance to try it. At least I was able to perform the trick a few times before all mine dried up.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
I would classify most Ickle Pickle stuff as poor, especially their Flexible Mirror and Tarbell Egg Bag.

IP used to have quality apparatus accross the board. I'm not sure what has happend with Steve and his spinners, I have one set, each cup is a different height, I have another set that the beads on the mouth are all different.

I can only assume this is what happens when you contract out your product for production and you're not there to oversee it. I have a lot of people send me their cups for bright polishing, after some working the cups look like they should.

I have to agree with coin matrix 2003 and also vote in "The Travelers Cups and Balls". The ad on ebay showed Gold cups, when recieved they were mini wood Walmart flower post, about 1.5" in height and sprayed unevenly with gold paint. I didn't feel so bad after seeing Bill Palmer site, he too bought a set of these, I think they are very rare, Bill and I probally have the only 2 sets Smile

One more vote, the 6 shot India "Faux Brass Lota Vase" a reputable ebay dealer at the time advertised this a Brass, ended up being plastic, immediate pitch to the trash can upon opening the box.

Jake
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
Hengky Ciptanegara
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
389 Posts

Profile of Hengky Ciptanegara
Tbaer,

Yes I had an experience like you and I believe all of us that bought this Protocol 153.51 have an experience like we do.

I never get a chance to tried this successfull....
Very-very DISSPOINTED item...
and the price seems not right...

Hengky
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Quote:
On 2005-06-12 12:34, evolve629 wrote:
I'm surprised nobody mentioned Jay Sankey's GEMINI POUCH and Metamorph. They have not seen a day of sunlight since I bought'em. I also dislike No. 2 Pencil, and Osmosis.

I think No. 2 pencil is one of the best paddle move effects. You can even use the pencil through coin with the Johnson Quarter. An flip stick. Lotsa mileage here.
~Joe
enigmaticmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle
313 Posts

Profile of enigmaticmagic
I cant stand the web. I thought it would be awsome. I got it and realized that I just would never perform it. I kept the blank cards and gave the spider to my brother. its just the fact that you would have to be carrying a fake spider some wax and four cards in your pocket...
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
This is probably the only thread in the Café' that I wince whenever I read.

You can really feel the pain here. I feel for you guys.

Anyway, my vote is for Matrix 2003 - that sucked bowling balls.
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
Ann Omminous
View Profile
New user
Narnia
21 Posts

Profile of Ann Omminous
The New DVD Thirteen: what a hunk of garbage! 13 effects that don't even belong to the so called performer who's DVD this is. That just highlights the lack of talent this individual has, just look at the trailer for it, its absolute crap, not one effect just cut away shots of someone walking or the performer looking moody. In all fairness the production values of this DVD are high but the content due to the performer is horrendous, from what I heard he didn't even deserve to win! Embarrasing! Stay well clear.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Another vote for Matrix2003. From the same guy zI think , the real Float dvd.
I was pretty disappointed with Makin Sparks. It really did'nt spark.
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
Sounds like Matrix 2003 is the worst by far, from ploughing my way through all these posts!! Think I'll have to get it, out of curiosity - see how bad it really is!!

Ailda - dear God. UFO - probably the worst thing I've ever seen. Blink - embarassing.

That said, owning and discarding these products ispart of the learning experience - makes you appreciate good books all the more. (Putting away my packet tricks and settling down to reread Paramiracles.)

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1771 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Ann,

You have to realise that nobody takes any notice of negative posts from people that do not give a name or any contact details whatsoever.

In fact, you may well have helped the DVD!

Jon
Creator of iconic magic that you will want to perform.
The Silent Treatment, The Pain Game, Paragon 3D, Double Back, Destination Box and more.
Available at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
Magic Nathan
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of Magic Nathan
The crushed and cured DVD from MagicMakers. There is no dialogue on the entire DVD ..just some rap wanna be artist song playing over and over and over. No kidding....you have to hear the same terrible song play over an over while the rapper does some mime act to demonstrat the effect.

It left me with more questions than answers. I later learned it was a ripoff of Healed and Sealed and bought that instead.

Nathan
Ann Omminous
View Profile
New user
Narnia
21 Posts

Profile of Ann Omminous
Quote:
On 2005-06-13 09:26, Jon Allen wrote:
Ann,

You have to realise that nobody takes any notice of negative posts from people that do not give a name or any contact details whatsoever.

In fact, you may well have helped the DVD!

Jon

You seem to have taken notice Jon.I wonder if you happen to be friends with A.murray? As for helping the DVD, I think not, It's been well documented how poor the material on this '13' DVD is. I have nothing against any parties involved with 13, my interests purely lie in the upkeep and promotion of so called original, innovative material of which this has not one piece! Even on the back of the DVD one of the main sellers is CHAD LONGs routine, what the hell is this Jon! and how can YOU defend it? How can the Magic Cirle allow their name to be used in conjunction with it? Also no matter what you reply you have to agree about the trailer it's just plain awfull! Perhaps while you are here you can clear something up, there seems to be a certain amount of controversy as to the declared winner of the Magic Circles competition, apparently who should of won did not and vice versa, why is this?

A
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
I'm with Jon on this one. Most Café members ( including myself) don't put much clout in posts from people who toss out opinions while hiding in the bushes.

I've had a few debates with members in the past ( sometimes heated ) and although we don't always share the same opinions we do share the respect of knowing who we are dealing with.

My experience has been that posters hiding under cloaks use their invisibility to become a bit braver and tend to rant/flame more often. I have more respect for a post that dissagrees with me out in the open.

Worst Trick Ever......some little floating knit ball thing. One of my first tricks..the ad claimed this little ball would dance at your fingertips, float from hand to hand and could be done surrounded. It promised NO threads or magnets. It was a mini zombie sort of a thing with no foulard with a totally exposed gimmick. I wonder how many beginners bought that piece of junk!

Best,

Tim ( a real person with real contact info....try it sometime )
Ann Omminous
View Profile
New user
Narnia
21 Posts

Profile of Ann Omminous
I am glad you're with Jon, Tim, enjoy it! As for hiding whilst tossing in bushes I cannot comment. I retain my identity simply because of the precarious pitfalls this small, sometimes unforgiving community has to offer. I believe the Magic Café exists so that if you want to adopt an alias you can, simple. I am not trying to offend anyone just pass on my opinion, since I do not reveal myself my opinion will apparently matter little so don't threat, chill. Just out of curiosity have you Jon or Tim seen 13? If so what can you say on a positive level about this production, I am genuinely interested to know.

A
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Nope...never seen 13. I could be lousy or it could be great.

If some 13 year old beginner posts its lousy because it didn't get him a standing ovation after 35 minutes of practice...I'll take his opinion with a grain of salt. If a competing magic dealer flames a product because he sells a competing product I'll consider that fact as well in his evaluation. If someone posts a review and they are known to know what they are talking about....I'll give that review some real clout.

But....this is why I can't really trust an anoynomus review.....I don't know if the poster is any of the above.

As we are getting of the thread topic I would suggest you repost this discussion in another thread if you'd like more imput. I'd be curious myself to read others opinion.

Best,

Tim

P.S. Regards the unforgiving community you mention.....I don't think we're really that bad. I've made many friends here and considered others real jerks but I know WHO they are and I thank them all for that. Jerks included.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
"Narnia? What's that?" said Lucy.

"This is the land of Narnia," said the Faun, "where we are now; all that lies between the lamp-post and the great castle of Cair Paravel on the Eastern Sea. . . ."

—The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Ann Omminous
View Profile
New user
Narnia
21 Posts

Profile of Ann Omminous
In that case Tim, I shall thank you too. Thanks
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
EVERY lame trick in which a colored something is secretly put into a box/tube/sleeve and I tell you what color you put in. Lame. Lame lame lame lame. Who cares. minor puzzle, not magic, not mentalism. lame lame lame.

Lame.

Oh, and overpriced.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Nighthawk
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Nighthawk
Quote:
On 2005-06-12 12:34, evolve629 wrote:
I'm surprised nobody mentioned Jay Sankey's GEMINI POUCH and Metamorph. They have not seen a day of sunlight since I bought'em. I also dislike No. 2 Pencil, and Osmosis.

Evolve629 and I must share some genetic code.....I have the same collection gathering dust in my cupboards....I thought Osmosis would be a huge effect...but I have only used it on my family ...and it was not all that great...Maybe its because I am not a drinker myself.

As a postscript...I must say that since I have been accessing the Magic Café...and the collective wisdom of its community..there is little that I have bought that I have not been happy with.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Worst Trick You Have Purchased (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..25~26~27~28~29~30~31 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL