We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Worst Trick You Have Purchased (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..29~30~31
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24255 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2007-11-14 11:16, mandarin wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-10-06 11:56, evolve629 wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-08-28 11:56, CAROLINI wrote:
A very interesting website http://www.25offmagic.com. They tell you what's bad and why and what's good and why. Yes, it is just one opinion but well worth considering.

The website link does not work..

http://www.25offmagic.com/ SEEMS TO WORK NOW ...

I have seen more than one item really messed up by this amateur magician's reviews. If one of his friends buys something and isn't satisfied with it, he lies about it.

And if someone gives one of his tricks a bad review he really gets ticked off about it.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
disneywld
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
614 Posts

Profile of disneywld
Here's a word from George at Viking/CW about the T'ang Dynasty Tea Chest Mystery. They have always provided the best customer service with their products:

Hi Christopher; sorry for the problem. I wish people would tell US (like you are doing).I don't go to those sites so I never hear about problems, but as soon as I do I try to correct them. All I need is s bit of feed-back. I will shoot new pictures and rewrite the instructions. I have been using the original CW instructions and since I know how to work the effect, I assumed the instructions were good. Upon reading them now, I see that they need work. I am sorry for the lack of proper guidenace and will correct this. You might let those on Magic Café know that we are issuing new instructions so if they are having problems, they should contact us.

Please give me a couple of days to sort this out. And again, ANYTIME you have a problem with any of our items or have suggestions to improve something, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
George Robinson Jr.
Viking/CW
The Magic of Christopher Manos
www.safetymagicshows.com
michaelmagicart
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of michaelmagicart
I was just reading the post from Terry; unfortunately it was about 5 years ago. Anyway, regarding Color Monte (Emerson and West), I would have to disagree totally that it was a rip. Color Monte is probably one of the leading packet tricks of all time. The mechanics of the trick are simple and the presentation leaves a stunning climax. I actually made this in Jumbo size for my own personal use and found it to always be a crowd pleaser. I think, if you read this Terry, I would suggest “learning” the routine that comes with the 3 cards.
When you have mastered the patter and presentation, then I believe in all sincerity that you will understand the effect and it will become a favorite of yours.
Peter Pitchford
View Profile
Elite user
Philly
421 Posts

Profile of Peter Pitchford
Quote:
On 2008-05-16 14:08, Michaelmagicart wrote:
I was just reading the post from Terry; unfortunately it was about 5 years ago. Anyway, regarding Color Monte (Emerson and West), I would have to disagree totally that it was a rip. Color Monte is probably one of the leading packet tricks of all time. The mechanics of the trick are simple and the presentation leaves a stunning climax. I actually made this in Jumbo size for my own personal use and found it to always be a crowd pleaser. I think, if you read this Terry, I would suggest “learning” the routine that comes with the 3 cards.
When you have mastered the patter and presentation, then I believe in all sincerity that you will understand the effect and it will become a favorite of yours.

Ditto. It is straight forward, it has an excellent premise and presentation, and it hits hard at the end. It's funny that I was away from this for around six years. My friend John Pyka turned me back on to this and I have been doing it the past 2 months or so and it never ceases to get excellent reactions. Definitely a classic.
Giacomo Moretti
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Giacomo Moretti
Revolution from Elusionist. A very very modest trick for a steep price.

G.
tommid
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of tommid
Not a worst trick post as such but I hate it when a company advertises a trick for "pre order". Well you can pre order if you like but the only advantage I can see is you may get it 2 or 3 days before anyone else. So by the time the bad reviews hit the forums you are stuck with it . On a serious note .. if I have missed the point of "pre ordering" I would love it if "someone" from a company who does this would explain why they feel the need to sell in this way
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
I think you pretty much nailed it.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
The Manipulator
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of The Manipulator
Titans finger...
bottlemaster
View Profile
New user
Nottingham, UK
36 Posts

Profile of bottlemaster
'Animal Magic' from the now-disappeared Repro Magic. A couple of cards with really naff animal pictures on them, and an overall naff effect.
www.impossiblebottle.co.uk

The Impossible - "What nobody can do until someone does"
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Not all things pre-order is bad. Some are bought on the reputation of the seller.
Dennis Michael
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
And often pre-order will come with an incentive like a lower price or an extra.

The advantage for the (honest) seller really is cash-flow. It allows them to get some money in "up front" to help defer the costs of starting production.

When used responsibly it can be a win/win for buyer and seller.
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
Gerald Blankenship
View Profile
New user
Lake O The Pines Texas
63 Posts

Profile of Gerald Blankenship
The effect " UH " very poor quality box trim falling off upon arrival and it would not work due to interior of box too small for ball to enter glass. Returned item but had to pay ship charges.
I don't understand all I know about this
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Not necessarily a bad item but they bait and switched me on my first haunted key. The thing is so shiny it looks like plastic. Like it's haunted by Lady Gaga. Once I knew the method I can find the prop almost anywhere, it was just a sad way to lose $20 when for just a single sheet of instructions.

For the most part these days I'm minimalist so I only buy what I know I need to enhance the skills I've played hard to develop.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
_W_
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of _W_
One of the first things I purchased when I started magic was The Perfect Vanish by Tony Polli. It’s not all that bad, but for $5, you’re only getting 1 vanish that’s really angly.
weirdwizardx
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of weirdwizardx
Thumb Tip...

😮😉🙃
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Worst Trick You Have Purchased (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..29~30~31
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL