The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Jeff Dunham & Achmed the Dead Terrorist (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1077 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Contrary to what appears to be popular opinion I find this video offensive to both Muslims and Jews. If this character were done with any other ethnic culture it'd be chastised but these days it seems to be Ok to bash Muslims.

Jeff is mega talented. I love all his other work. This is bad taste however.

Best,

Tim
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20614 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I thought it a bit odd.

It is a way for a caucasion man to tell racist jokes and get away with it.

That is creative to say the least, but it is quite offensive if you extrapolate it.

I think Comedy Central didn't care as they WANTED controversy, but didn't really get much.

Interesting how it is ok to make fun of those you hate. THAT is ok.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Big Jeff
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
Tim,

MAYBE not all muslims are terrorists, but ALL THE TERORISTS that attacked the US are MUSLIMS.

How come muslims are protected from parody and critizm but christians aren't?

I KNOW, Christians don't have riots and burn cars and kill people when Jesus or the church is made fun of like the "peace loving" muslims do.
Jerrine
View Profile
Special user
Busking is work.
629 Posts

Profile of Jerrine
...and we're off!
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-10-28 12:04, Jerrine wrote:
...and we're off!


Thanks Jerrine,

You made my point. The topic is so controversial it will create a thread that will get out of control and deleted.

Now on to this topic...

Firstly Jeff.. You are wrong. Not all terrorists are Muslim. I don't think Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols were Muslim. I don't think the Unibomber was a Muslim either.

Lets stick with that theme however for a moment. Japan attacked that US once. Does that make it ok to do a stereotype of Japanese with buck teeth and slanty eyes? I think not. It was considered ok once but time has passed and we now all admit it was as wrong then as it is now. The same goes for this.

I never said Muslims should be protected from parody. Stereotypes like this is not parody though.

I think it best to leave rioting out of it as all religions and races have members who are guilty of such bad behavior. Saying rioting is a Muslim thing is also racist.

Best,

Tim
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20614 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Ask the English how many of the IRA are Muslim.

Ask the Spanish how many of the Basque Separatists are Muslim. (I may have spelled Basque wrong)

To say all terrorists are Muslim is just goofy. To say all of of whom did 9/11 are Muslim may be close.

Like Tim said lets not spin out of control.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Good Point Danny,

Before Jeff comes back with.." But those terrorists didn't attact the US" Let me add this quote from a Terrorist who battled the US.

My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter.

-Adolf Hitler, in his speech in Munich on 12 April 1922

So Jeff.. does this mean all Christians can also be called Terrorists because the US's biggest Terrorist was a Christian??? That would be wrong and hateful just like this routine is.

I'm a Christian and that would insult me. I don't need to be a Christian to know that racial stereotyping is wrong regardless of who its directed towards.

Best,

Tim
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Tim, I'm sure it was an oversight that Muslims and Jews are mentioned but not the Catholics who's Priests are defined as pedophiles.


Thought the bit was a tad long and lethargic, compared to the comedy I grew up with from Don Rickles and others, pretty tame in the offensive dept...but since the game has become so 'sensitive', an OLD Catskills joke about two pennies becomes hard core racism fodder.

Jeff is creatrive though and a terrific vent...thanks for the link Joey.

Note: My post was before all these others making me look stupid. That's ok. I don't care. I'm not of any racial profile whatsoever. Smile I just hit the button slow.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-10-28 12:45, Doug Higley wrote:
Tim, I'm sure it was an oversight that Muslims and Jews are mentioned but not the Catholics who's Priests are defined as pedophiles.


Hi Doug,

Thanks for reminding me. That's 3 groups insulted in the routine not 2.
Best,

Tim
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Vent/Puppeteer: Higley
Figure: Larry (Blond College Professor look with big glasses)

H: So Larry...I don't get it. You are a terrorist?

L: That's me. Ba Boom! Blow your butt up in a flat second.

H: But...you don't look Muslim...

L: I'm not you moron...I'm a plumber! Who writes your freakin' profiles? G Gordon Liddy?

H: You don't look like a Plumber...

L: Good grief...my butt crack normally gives it away...but wait...that annoying wedgy (looks around behind him) is your arm aint it...never mind.

H: But...

L: Exactly. So by your standards you can profile a terrorist by looking for the butt crack and snagging a Plumber...unless he has you for a wedgy...

H: Are you saying all Plumbers are terrorists?

L: Not all Plumbers are terrorists genius...and not all terrorists are Plumbers. (aside) So nobody should be offended by this bit depending on which they identify with...

H: I don't get it...

L: Your not supposed to...just when you think you have...BA BOOM!

H: What exactly is it you do?

L: Shmuck...I blow **** up...

H: Your a suicide bomber?

L: Good grief...do I look like I blew myself up? That's another guys act...

H: So I repeat what is it you do...

L: I told you...I blow **** up! Ba Boom!
I didn't say I was a good Plumber!


(for Tim and Danny)
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Big Jeff was clearly refering to the 911 attacks that were carried out by Muslims, endorsed by Muslims, and pretty much not called down by 'em. He never mentioned the Unibomber, who wasn't considered a terrorist nor was he attacking the "US" as an enity. McVie would be considered one perhaps but I don't recall if he has a broader scheme in mind other than the single bombing, which may or may not have been considered a terrorist act.

Someone brought up the priest that molested children. I don't recall any rallys anywhere in the world with thousands not only defending but advocating said molestations. I don't believe that a large percentage of Catholics believe their doctrine is calling out for them to molest children in order to obtain a higher level in heaven. Neither have I heard of a Bishop or anyone demanding the death of a cartoonist for making fun of priests or the pope. Also I do not believe the IRA has ever operated in the U.S. nor against the U.S., I could be wrong but I don't think so.

Simple fact is the individuals around most of the major conflicts in the world are Muslims. The most aggressive terror organizations operating today are Muslims and base their existance on their religion. Those are facts and while I would say that the vast majority of Muslims just want to do their thing and not bother anyone there is still a very large number that at minimum support the activities of their vicious and vile bretheren.

I shall now go and watch the puppet.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Magic Santa,

All this comment before you watched the video??? LOL

Actually Jeff never mentioned 911. He in fact said " All the terrorists who attacked the US."

Unibomber not ever considered a terrorist??? How bout this.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unibomber

Japan certainly attacked the US and there were MANY rallies in Japan supporting it. Can you answer my earlier question? Are Japanese stereotypes OK as well based on this same line of reasoning?


Best,

Tim
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I know there is a sensitivity that may or may not be valid...we can call Swedish people Swedes and Polish people Pols and the British, Brits...but we can't call Japanese people Japs any more.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
BINGO! That word was used so much as slander that it became slander. Each time it's said we are reminded of the sins of the past so its not used any more.

Best,

Tim
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
During World War 2 they DID go after the Japanese in cartons (see Bugs Bunny and Popeye) as well as the Germans and Italians. This is because they were the 'enemy' and in order to effectively go against an enemy you want to distinquish them so it is easier for Americans to fight them, Americans being kind and loving people for the most part (compared to societies that are of a more militarilistic or vicious nature). In the case of Japan they had a military based society at that point in time and it cost them dearly yet also gave the foundation to build upon and develope into an economic and manufacturing powerhouse. It should be noted that while the heavy bombing of Japanese cities was going on American pilots questioned the bombing of civilians, again because it goes against our nature. The response from the high command was that as a militarilistic society that ALL of Japan and ALL of the populace was viewed as a military target. The nation of Japan and its people were joked about, made into stereotypes, and it was justified because in war you go after the enemy and that is who they were. Before you jump on the act of locking up the Japanese Americans during WW2 (as well as Germans in some cases) I feel it was completely out of line but the motivation behind it was understandable....not the act. I lived in an area on the West Coast with a very large population of Japanese Americans and I have always viewed them to be no different than any other Americans and don't want anyone of Japanese ancenstory to think it was me that brought up Japan it was the other fellow.

My statements had nothing to do with the vent act but that is just a puppet, it was in response to your seeming claim that Muslims are just poor innocent folk that are getting attacked for no reason. El Grande Jeff mentioned terrorist that attacked the US specifically, that would indicate an attack originating outside of the US. Please, in your wisdom and knowledge of such things, provide a list of terrorist organizations that have attacked the U.S. that originated outside the U.S. that are not based on the Muslim religion. I'm sure you have them listed or can find them all over the net. I'll give you a hint if you want to go back a number of years, the Puerto Rican independance guys, then again, Puerto Rico is technically part of the US. I eagerly await you justifying your statement against Jeff.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Whoa...'sins of the past', are you saying the US sinned in fighting Japan?
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-10-28 14:06, MagicSanta wrote:
Whoa...'sins of the past', are you saying the US sinned in fighting Japan?


No..but does " internment camp" mean anything? However I was referring to the stereotyping during the day. It was not fair then to the people of Japan or to the Japanese Americans who had to endure it. War is no excuse.

Back to the muslim thing. It doesn't matter that the terrorist groups outside the us are all muslims. Not all Muslims are terrorists and that's what matters.

Not all men are women abusers but women abusers are men. Have you ever been treated like crap because you are a man? I have. Its not fun. Tried to make a donation to a womens shelter and couldn't get past the man hating receptionist behind the bullet proof glass at the reception counter.

Best,

Tim
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1366 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Lol I just thought it was'nt funny.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-10-28 14:04, MagicSanta wrote:
Before you jump on the act of locking up the Japanese Americans during WW2 (as well as Germans in some cases) I feel it was completely out of line but the motivation behind it was understandable....not the act. I lived in an area on the West Coast with a very large population of Japanese Americans and I have always viewed them to be no different than any other Americans and don't want anyone of Japanese ancenstory to think it was me that brought up Japan it was the other fellow.



Sorry Magic Santa,

I missed this before I posted about internment camps. You logic is conflicting. You agree that judging an entire race by the acts of others in their race is wrong but ALSO think its OK to do the same to an entire religion based on the acts of others in their religion?????

Yes.. it was me that brought up the Japanese. ANY Japanese person who was in anyway connected to that racist segregation will be thankful to me for not letting it happen again without protest.

Best,

Tim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Jeff Dunham & Achmed the Dead Terrorist (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL