The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Make a Llama appear or disappear (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jonathanmc
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas, NV
209 Posts

Profile of Jonathanmc
Any one have any ideas about how to do this. I may have access to a llama and this would be super cool.

PM with ideas or places to look.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
"Hiding the Elephant" by Jim Steinmeyer. Sub-titled "Hiding the Llama."
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
How big a llama (height)

A lion cage type unit built for the height. Doug Henning produced a deer in a similar fashion.

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzzam!"
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Blackstone horse vanish. Uncle Harry got hold of a camel to vanish and tried it in the horse vanish a couple of times, but it was too big and stuck out. Just needed an adjustment to size.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24100 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
You might want to experiment with the illusion for under $100.00. There are several illusions you can make out of PVC pipe inside of http://www.magicnook.com You do not need to buy the whole ebook. Each illusion can be purchased for $5.00. If you build it out of PVC pipe, it will not cost so much and you will know the dimensions for the illusion to work. Next, you can build it out of higher quality material, or just cover the PVC pipe with higher quality material. I am going to be experimenting with some ideas from the ebook. Of course I do not want the PVC to be shown to the audience. That is why I will keep that part out of view. The most important thing is what the illusion is. Because PVC pipe will not fit everything.
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Dennis Loomis also has a horse vanish highlighted on his Doll House illusion DVD. That might be worth a look. I don't know how well llamas would perform in that type of environment or how they handle stress. I'll be anxious to hear what you come up with.

Dan.
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
Actually my Doll House DVD features a Horse PRODUCTION, not a vanish. I find it far better to produce a horse (or a llama?) than to vanish it. With a production, the audience directs their attention to the horse and their attention is taken up by looking at this interesting animal at the end, not trying to figure out how you did it. With a vanish, the animal is gone and the audience spends the first moments after the vanish looking around to see if they can figure out where it went.

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
Jonathanmc
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas, NV
209 Posts

Profile of Jonathanmc
Yes I think in the case of a llama appearing would be better
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Dennis,

Thanks for the clarrification.

Dan.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Quote:
On 2007-10-30 06:00, Dynamike wrote:
You might want to experiment with the illusion for under $100.00. There are several illusions you can make out of PVC pipe inside of http://www.magicnook.com

Whoa, Dynamike! I appreciate the recommendation, but I don't have a single Llama production or vanish on my entire site, made of PVC Pipe, Hardboard and Duct Tape, or anything else. I'm sure now that you mention it, I will begin working on one immediately, but that's years in the future. Llama's spit, you know. I don't work well with animals that spit. I still recommend the Morritt Donkey Vanish as the best solution.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Jonathanmc
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas, NV
209 Posts

Profile of Jonathanmc
The llama I am going to be working with has never spit at anyone according to the owner.

I however have been known to drool from time to time.
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
My brother has one... Named her Dolly...

Lyndel
Jonathanmc
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas, NV
209 Posts

Profile of Jonathanmc
Lyndel,

I think I have read that five times now and just got it. (Boot to the head)
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Quote:
On 2007-11-01 17:48, Jonathanmc wrote:
Lyndel,

I think I have read that five times now and just got it. (Boot to the head)

LOL! I was wondering why nobody had commented on it... Funny thing is, IT'S TRUE! He really does have one and he really did name it Dolly! Smile

Lyndel
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Make a Llama appear or disappear (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL