The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Sanctum - Sanctuary (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
I am not sure but I swear I have been followed ever since I put that card into my wallet....
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1938 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Well, mine sits alongside my Cairo Cards and a few other tasty items in my Prestige Wallet...and as some of us know Dr Cairo was also a shady fellow whose skills at reading were second to none! As for being followed....hair..back..of..neck...
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
Dr Todd - The only place I have head is on the back of my neck, none resides on my head!
Bri
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1522 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
I've had Sanctum Sanctuary for a while and although it took me a long time to feel comfortable performing it it never fails to floor the audience.

I did it today for five people in an office. I drew it out to just under 15 minutes and toward the end when I passed the card out they all said that it was what they saw in their minds. I was just as astonished as they all were.

What principle is this if anyone knows?

There's some strange psychological thing going on with this type of effect and I would like to look into it further if someone could offer a little help.

Thanks

-John
Garrette
View Profile
Special user
926 Posts

Profile of Garrette
Impossible to tell without knowing a lot more detail, including your script, and I am certainly no psychologist, but it appears to be nothing that hasn't happened in myriad guises myriad times before.

Splash of confirmation bias, a predisposition to believe (helped along no doubt by a masterful setting-of-the-mood), and a little false memory to top it off. (Their false memory).

Were it not for these things, mentalists would have no gig.
DonEduardo
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of DonEduardo
I received this yesterday. I didn't know what to expect as all of the postings about this are pretty vague and so is the Outlaw website. I did read somewhere that this might not be good for beginners. And I would agree with that. However I think it's something that the beginner should be striving for, and this seems to be a great package to build upon your experiences and newly learned skills. Purchasing this item gave me access to the secret forum, but unfortunately it looks pretty dead. I think the most recent post was a year old. The booklet that comes with this has a tremendous amount of insight into the technique. As with most things I buy, I'm usually looking for something that gives me skills/techniques rather than a canned trick. This product gives me that. I'm anxious to give this a go, but seems that the right subject is essential to getting this to work with impact.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Sanctum - Sanctuary (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL