The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Steve Forte's Gambling Protection Series on DVD (My Copies) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Clock
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
461 Posts

Profile of Clock
These were created by me and are for my own personal collection. These are in no way legit.

Last week, I decided to back up my Forte tapes onto my hard drive. It seems like this little project of mine kept getting bigger and bigger! First, I was only going to back them up on the compter, then I put them on DVD, then I made chapters, then menus, and now I have a complete DVD set with all the bells and whistles.

Now that I have them on DVD, I can finally skip chapters!

I always watch these video to study Steve's beautiful card technique...Every cardman should have his tapes to watch and study his rythm and finesse. $200 to watch his demonstrations is about a quarter of what the tapes are truly worth.

PLEASE READ:

I am NOT selling these or copying them for ANYONE. These are for my own personal collection...period. Just thought you guys would like these pics.

Enjoy!
Grant Carden

www.fastcompanydvd.com
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Ĺland, Finland
620 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
Looks very nice clock. I am definitely jealous.

Kim
Mr. Z
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, NV
826 Posts

Profile of Mr. Z
Where's vols. 5-8?

Whoops...ahem.
"...if you have to say you is, you ain't."--Jimmy Hoffa
daniel1113
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of daniel1113
Very nice, Clock. I actually made DVDs of my copies a few months back, too, but didn't go as far as to print out custom artwork. Care to share the DVD case inserts?
Daniel M. Carrico
Jeremy Brown
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Jeremy Brown
I actually started the same project but realized I was tackeling a bigger monster than I thought.
papermechanic
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of papermechanic
That's awesome clock nice work. How long did it take per DVD ?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15812 Posts

Profile of tommy
Quote:
On 2007-10-30 05:15, Clock wrote:

I always watch these video to study Steve's beautiful card technique...Every cardman should have his tapes to watch and study his rythm and finesse. $200 to watch his demonstrations is about a quarter of what the tapes are truly worth.

I agree just watching him at work helps one improve in all repects. Dispite the fact he his pretty young on the tapes he is a true master. It is hard to imagine he could get better but I hear from them who know him that he has. I have only seen short clips of him on film since and he just looks perfect. I would like to see him make a new set and see what can now do.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2484 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
I personally would not advertise the fact that you can convert video formats....it may get some people upset...shh.
Long Island,

New York
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Nice collection
Cards never lie
Mr. Z
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, NV
826 Posts

Profile of Mr. Z
Quote:
On 2007-10-30 15:41, Expertmagician wrote:
I personally would not advertise the fact that you can convert video formats....it may get some people upset...shh.

Card guys have been doing this for years now. Clock's hardly the first.
"...if you have to say you is, you ain't."--Jimmy Hoffa
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
It's completely legal to back up anything you own on a different media. Video, music, whatever.....if it's for your own use, and it's a back up to your legal original, there's absolutely nothing wrong with doing it.
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Quote:
On 2007-10-30 19:22, Mr. Z wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-10-30 15:41, Expertmagician wrote:

Card guys have been doing this for years now. Clock's hardly the first.

Mr. Z I'm surprised at you...but yes you're right I have all my cheating at cards and dice stuff on DVD's as well besides the fact that they all are backed up on my computer. Anything I want is just a click away.

If any of you can remember, getting back my laptop with all my videos was my only concern after getting beat up, stomped and robbed after a game while hustling in Phili.

And to answer a question some of you might be thinking. NO, I wasn't caught cheating. The so-called hustlers that I was with left me stranded with no where to go while I was looking for them.

Respectfully,

Doc
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1697 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
Gentlemen,

As I type, I have the masters to Steve's Gambling Protection Series sitting a few feet away from me in 4 large 1" video "pizza boxes" (as they're known in the trade).

I'm trying like hell to get them converted to DVD properly. If I can continue to convince him that this is the right thing to do, and we go forward with this project, I'll be sure to let everyone know that they're on their way.

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
743 Posts

Profile of PapaG
I thought that the Forte poker book mentioned that there was some new material on the way.
onbekende020
View Profile
New user
Netherlands
89 Posts

Profile of onbekende020
Nice work Clock..maybe of topic, but how did you convert VHS to DVD? I got a lot of very old video material (not about cards) I want to put on DVD, any help?

USM
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
A good way to convert VHS to DVD is through a Sony or equivalent camcorder with FireWire in/out (you've got to have the FireWire for it to work).

You take your analog line-outs from your VCR into the analog line-ins on your camcorder, then the FireWire out of your camcorder into your computer (actually FireWire is bi-directional, but that doesn't matter in this case).

Then it's just a matter of your DVD burning software. On a Mac it's iDVD and included free with your computer.

The conversion takes place within your video camera. It's a relatively little used feature on a lot of FireWire cameras. I converted two dozen old 8mm tapes to DVD with this method. (I also put my Forte Gambling Protection Series onto DVD this way).

There are also dedicated Analog/FireWire conversion boxes that do the same thing for around $400.00, but they're a bit of a one trick pony compared to a camera.
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1253 Posts

Profile of splice
I have done the same with various tapes, I should get to doing it with the Forte ones as well. It will be a nice opportunity to go through them again, since I would like to get chapter stops like you.

USM, getting VHS to DVD is not so complicated, if you are handy with computers. You will need a video card that accepts video input in some way (it should be S-Video or RCA composite). I have a card that I use to record TV shows so I used that. Just hook up the VCR to the video card, run a recording program on your computer, then play the tape. Then you have to convert the video to a DVD format, there are many programs for that.

Of course most of the advantage will come from chapter stops and menus. That you need to use a program to make, and it can be quite time consuming. Then you have to be handy with a graphics program if you want to make a nice cover and menus....

All in all not a small task. Some great work by Clock here. Maybe I'll procrastinate for a year or two more and by then donate some money to Mr. England and company Smile.
Ron Conley
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Ron Conley
A simply way of doing the conversion is a stand alone DVD recorder with a built in hard drive. I have a Pioneer DVR-520H (probably discontinued) but current models are available. Once it's in the hard drive I can trim and divide the clips and make up to 100 chapters. Since this is all hardware based it's a lot faster than doing it in the computer and I do it from my rocking chair with a remote control. When I want maximum quality the computer is used along with a Canopus ADVC-300 for transcoding along with a built in time base corrector and digital noise reduction. This is a powerful little box Lot's of controls color correction etc. Not really cheap 450.00 but for what I do it's a bargain.
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1901 Posts

Profile of iamslow
I made mine with a 20 dolar capture card and a vcr to the pc...
"Everyone is tough till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2484 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
I prefer computer software to make my "disaster recovery" backups of my media because the software bypasses any encryption or security that a tape or DVD may have.

Note: Keep you "disaster recovery" copies in a separate location so BOTH your primary and backup are not destroyed.
Long Island,

New York
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Steve Forte's Gambling Protection Series on DVD (My Copies) (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL