The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Witness (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
JPK
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of JPK
Of course you could just start out with all of your cards in a ziplock bag because you lost/destroyed the box. You remove the two jokers from the deck and return them to the bag. Place the bag in your pocket where you just happen to have another bag already set to go. Do a trick that needs the other joker, so now you remove that joker from the bag and replace the bag into your pocket again with just the one joker. It's a nice bit of conditioning. People will become used to you going to the bag in your pocket and also you have reinforced the idea that only one joker is now in the bag. When you are ready to go, a simple switch in the pocket and all things look right as rain.
That is pretty much what I do, except my first effect actually messes up the card box to begin with giving me the reason to put the cards away in a bag.( a Paul Harris effect.) The second effect I do, also by Paul Harris, requires me to use the Gaurentee Card Joker. So back to the bag I go and remove the one card and now people have seen you handle this bag empty, place two cards into it, remove one of the cards and put it back away. Now you follow this up with a W.H effect and everyone is comfortable with that bag and the cards, and hopefully you.
Just my thoughts from someone who performs very little and need to make things as easy as I can to get into and out of effects.

John Kardel
John Kardel
Magicmike1949
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of Magicmike1949
When Lee performed this at our Magic Lecture, I think his patter was along the lines of the Joker was so sensitive that he couldn't allow it to come in contact with other cards. I haven't seen his presentation on Witness and it may have evolved over the years. I know it was very effective and I bought the notes that night. Haven't performed it in awhile, but it got good reactions when I did.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I've been using Witness with my own variation. Might not be for most folks, but I performed it the original way for ahwile and my way and I think the touches I added, for what I do, have elevated it ( for me ).

I'll write it up and share it.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I posted my routine in the secret sessions area:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=37&0
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Witness (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL