The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Banachek role in PHENOMENON? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Mariagi
View Profile
Special user
MIND, MYTH & MAGICK
654 Posts

Profile of Mariagi
I'm surprised that no one said nothing. at least I havent read anything about Banachek. all the bad words about Angel [and all deserved I say] but no one spoke about Banachek.

Last week I saw a clip of him on the NBC page !! he was speaking as his usual of the same old story of how he fooled scientists for four years [seem he is so proud of that like if he has only done that in his whole life*] and talked about how Dunninger wanted to let people believe or at least not knowing if he was the real thing of not.

clearly, because Banachek is Banachek he managed to imply tha tDunninger was not real [big surprise!] and so I wonder how the show was built up...... Banachek is probably still behind Criss angel is my guess ! and Banachek with Uri Geller on the same show?

If on one hand they look for a new phenomenon but at the same time they try to discredit a ""possible"" phenomenon when they find one and then.. Banachek who will not recognize a true phenomenon even if he was living in the same apartment with one ... lol

don't get me wrong I think banachek is a great magician and I admire some of his work but come on if the whole show is so paradoxical how can we just have a go at Angel and forgive the BIG ? names ??

the whole show suck because they don't really want what they falsely portrait to look for - a phenomenon.

and the flying credit card was amazinglyl done but whats to do with MENTALISM ??

the whole show seems to me a blend of anything and nothing at same time:but if you ask me there is no clear vision about it, it seems more like a giant bazaar where you find a little bit of anything even spurious things

also if banachek is in maybe I could see why Mc Cambridge was not treated up par by the two guys. let go for angel boy but uri geller has been polite and kind with any competitor up to now. the only exception ?? McCambridge
Energizer
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of Energizer
I think people are having a go at Criss because he is fundamentally unlikeable.

And I imagine people are not having a go at Banachek because he is fundamentally likeable. And ... he's a member of the Café! Smile

Oh yeah, there's also the issue with exposure on TV, which Banachek has not done directly (or probably even indirectly). Criss has. I don't think we can hold Banachek responsible for Criss's actions.

Finally I wouldn't imply that Banachek is boring because he is repeating an important and interesting chapter of his life story - the majority of Phenomenon viewers will not be familiar with it and he was repeating the story for their benefit. Banachek is a very interesting guy, from what I've seen of him.

Olly
FocusYourMAYND
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of FocusYourMAYND
Steve's been quiet. Real quiet.
Mariagi
View Profile
Special user
MIND, MYTH & MAGICK
654 Posts

Profile of Mariagi
Sorry if it came across as we should have a go at Banachek. its not like that.

I wonder wich role he has in all of that [because I could bet the money Randi will give you... sure!) that he has a role in it.

and TO ME it is boring listening to him repeating how good he was with scientists for the 1000000th time as if he had done only that as a big achievemnt in his life [did he ?? I think and hope not!]

Interesting guy?? don't know. knowledgeable guy when it comes to magic ?? YES!
Energizer
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of Energizer
Mariagi - I apologize if I have misinterpreted or misrepresented you.

Your observation that nobody has turned on Banachek is an interesting one.

I wonder if the Café aren't turing Criss into a scapegoat for their unconscious anxieties. I'm not saying Criss hasn't brought some of this scorn on himself. But, for example, having a go at the man because of his flamboyant appearance is just not cricket, as we say in the UK. Especially when you consider some of the coolest people on earth dress like Chris (or used to dress like him) - I'm thinking of certain rock stars such as Jon Bon Jovi, Axl Rose etc. Smile

It's not as if everyone else on the show hasn't been heavily made-over. In fact, I get quite upset when I think at how handsome everybody else seems to be compared to me. Smile

And consider the point that while we've turned Criss into a hate-figure, we've all started idealizing J/J.

It's as if we are projecting all our negative qualities into Criss and all our positive attributes into J/J. Hmm ... but where does Banachek fit into this strange story?

Your observation that nobody has mentioned Banachek in the Phenomenon discussions also suggests further that people are perhaps being irrational.

I wonder what Freud would say about this ....

Olly.

PS - I'm no different. Yay to J/J, boo to Criss.

PPS - I think Banachek IS interesting - especially if you like mild mannered, non-flamboyant people ... like I do! When I heard that he was abandonened by his mum aged 9 and raised his brothers by himself ... I wanted to find out more. I feel there is more than just trickery that can be learned from this guy.
Mariagi
View Profile
Special user
MIND, MYTH & MAGICK
654 Posts

Profile of Mariagi
Olly, glad to see we can chat in a civil manner. Yes, I took another meaning for INTERESTING but if you allude to his teen and pre-teen life struggles and how he had to grow up a little man fast in life, then I agree: INTERESTING or even betterCOURAGEOUS is the word Id use.

As for angel baby:you and I both went against him but I still feel his behaviour called for it. so no regrets: however since we came into a common ground iam glad you agree with me about any bias people may have and so looking only at the "hero" side of Banachek [or Callahan] but not looking at the thing 360°
Energizer
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of Energizer
Although having said what I said, I haven't read all the Phenomenon threads so I don't know if Banachek has been mentioned at all.

And when I saw Criss wearing that hand-cuff necklace on the first show, I badly wanted to punch him.
Mariagi
View Profile
Special user
MIND, MYTH & MAGICK
654 Posts

Profile of Mariagi
Anyway if we ever thought that the various big names did a wise thing to turn down their participation to phenomenon now we can be sure they took the only sound decision they could take

please. all of you imagine for a moment mr.Angel telling to MAX MAVEN: 'I did not see you one hundred per cent committed but because I know that you have the technical skills to do much better than that,I want you to come back next week and really raise the bar'

I cringe if I only think of that . .
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Banachek is smart enough NOT to have gotten into Phenomena... the judges are going to look like freaks no matter how it went based on the format... the only winners will be certain contestants despite the format...

Banachek is a consultant - and that is wise indeed.

Criss is a fool - and without his people to keep him handled (like Brittney Spears) he opens his mouth and crap comes out that knocks down his cred big time...

In the end, Criss will keep getting rich as he happened to get to be a manufactured product like Spears and other celebs... but realize what happens to such celebs.... see the seeds now.

Hey Criss, I charge $1000/hour (CANADIAN) for career couching. I am a consultant. Are you ready?
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1086 Posts

Profile of Banachek
On phenom, I answer what I was asked. Smile

My job is to try to make everyone look good.

Hope it is at least entertaining. Seems to be, ratings have been better than expected.

Love to all
In thoughts and Friendship
Banachek
Campus Performer of the Year two years in a row
Year 2000 Campus Novelty Act
PEA Creativity Award Recipient
http://www.banachek.com
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Banachek. I respect you as much as anyone in this profession. I have to sit here and wonder how you can continue to be on mindfreak though? Criss just seems way out of line. He double speaks both in his actions and in his words.

I guess just after typing that I have my own answer. Smile I cant imagine what a mess he would be if he didn't have your help.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
C'mon, the big B is a genius - because he said it - he does what he was contracted to do as a consultant... it isn't his fault if Criss isn't using him to make the show even better.... we all know it would have rocked if the big B was actually an executive producer... but again, I think he follows the concept that many succesful people do... do the work in the shadows... less redtape and you can actually get things done.

As SLim and others posted, it sounded like all the suggestions the big B put forward were greatly appreciated and were highly creative...

Heck, I'd work for Angel if he paid me $1005(CDN) /hour for career coaching (hehehe...I am sure he is dying to hire me now!!!!) yuk yuk....
Oyama
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR.
1054 Posts

Profile of Oyama
Sorry to say, but even Banacheks name gives me a bad taste in my mouth now. Sorry Banachek. You may have lost a fan. Thank Criss Angel when you see him.
"it's better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb."
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Let me say that Steve, has been very fair and ethical with me and I respect him for that.

I would offer that we all should.

He is doing his job well but has no control over Angel or the production.

If you need help making something happen and making sure everyone is being treated fairly you could not find a better guy for the job.

Best Wishes,

Jim
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Oyama
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR.
1054 Posts

Profile of Oyama
I understand that Jim, but to be associated with a guy like Angel does not settle well with me. I lost all respect for Angel in one moment. You are only as good as the company you keep. If this is the type of company Banachek wants to keep, then I have no choose but to disconnect from him.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Don't get me wrong in my comments. I think Banachek is a stand up guy and everyone that I know that has met him have nothing but the best things to say. For that I have a lot of respect for him.
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Honestly, I truly believe that if it wasn't for Banachek, Criss Angel wouldn't be as successful and probably a lot more trouble than he's worth.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On 2007-11-03 14:55, ALEXANDRE wrote:
Honestly, I truly believe that if it wasn't for Banachek, Criss Angel wouldn't be as successful and probably a lot more trouble than he's worth.

Are you sure that isn't the case now?

Just asking...
Oyama
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR.
1054 Posts

Profile of Oyama
Criss did not turn on the psychic community, he turned on the Mentalism community! Is this what Banachek stands for? I am not saying he does. I am asking a question. In my opinion, if he stays with Angel, then he is saying this type of behavior is just fine. CRISS ANGEL HAS CONTACTED THE "DEAD" TWICE ON HIS SHOW!
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
THink Obi Wan and Darth Vader... except Darth Vader is wayyyyy cooler than Criss
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Banachek role in PHENOMENON? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL