The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » So why Do people hate Criss Angel anyway? (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I never really had anything against him, when he first came out I really enjoyed his material, although some of it was like "Ok come one, now people are going to ask me if I can do that." It wasnt untill his second season where some of the effects were to much for me to watch. I like his little bits of close-up and stuff but I'm never really wowed or excited about his big stunts on the end of every episode. Now that I actually saw what he did on to Jim, I was floored and I too wondered if it was staged, but it seems like its not so that is pretty frustrating. To do what we do and all those men and women on the show and try to call him out kinda to say that "I AM THE ONLY TRUE SUPERNATURAL" that to me is truly unforgiveable. What ever reason, unless it was staged there is no excuse. He always tries to claim that he does certain things to get other young kids involved in magic and to learn about this So-called lost art but no, you don't step on some one to better yourself. At least that is my opinion.
Energizer
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of Energizer
Dynamike - Respectfully, I doubt your answer is correct, given that Mentalists seem to like successful performers such as Derren Brown, David Blaine(?) ... Copperfield. I think it's personal with CA.

Thanks also to Paisa23
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Quote:
On 2007-11-06 04:57, Dynamike wrote:
In general the answer is jealously with most magicians.

Dynamike, I think you should let magicians speak for themselves, especially on a forum. Personally I have nothing to be jealous about concerning CA.

I like CA's style on TV, it's very different. However his attitude and his behaviour is, quite simply, unprofessional. That, my friends, for a man of his status is inexcusable.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
To me Criss Angel is a professional. I am not speaking of his performances. It concerns getting his publicity. That guy is getting more popular each day, even from his enemies. He is the first celebrity get so popular without getting into trouble. I wish he would tell us his secret. To me that guy is the new Phenomenon.
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
A professional entertainer does not put down his fellow performers. If you have nothing good to say, say nothing. A professional magician does not give other magicians a hard time in public, while thay are performing. A professional magician does not publicly expose secrets...These are a few of the marks of a professional entertainer

FACEBOOK
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2007-11-06 05:23, kinesis wrote:
Dynamike, I think you should let magicians speak for themselves, especially on a forum. Personally I have nothing to be jealous about concerning CA.

Either you are jealous or not I am going to speak my own comments, "especially on a forum."
Quote:
On 2007-11-06 06:26, kinesis wrote:
A professional entertainer does not put down his fellow performers. If you have nothing good to say, say nothing.

...Ehh, it seems like what you are saying is not good.
Bambaladam
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Bambaladam
I saw his mindfreak show at the wwe theater at times square and it was wonderful. I saw bits of his tv show and it was mediocre (I think mainly due to the excessive amounts of material they had to produce in that short a time). I saw him on phenomenon and thought he was being a bit full of himself.

I don't care about camera tricks (what you see is what matters). I don't care about stooges. I think he's talented.

I don't think he is exploiting his full potential. That's the waste here. Thing is, he is still doing very well.
Energizer
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of Energizer
Quote:
On 2007-11-06 06:46, Dynamike wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-11-06 06:26, kinesis wrote:
A professional entertainer does not put down his fellow performers. If you have nothing good to say, say nothing.

...Ehh, it seems like what you are saying is not good.

I think Kinesis was saying that Criss should say nothing, not you Dynamike. I think we all welcome your views. Kinesis will correct me if I am wrong.
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
We appreciate your heartfelt thread, Ollie. Sort out the spirulina from the spleen and there lurks the pathos. Emotions tell us how much we care about something or someone. Invested interest in a lot of directions. This thread rightly addresses the winterscapegoating that has crossed over many lines.

Change the swords to hearts.

--Lucia Von Franz
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Thanks Energiser.

Dynamike, all my replies were refering to Criss Angel, not to you. Your comments and thoughts are as welcome as any others on this forum. My only comment addressed to you was critisism of your remark, "In general the answer is jealously with most magicians". You appear, in this instance, to be speaking on behalf of all of us, rather than making a personal comment/observation. Even Energiser was promted to reply to your comment.

Hope this clears up any confusion. Smile

FACEBOOK
Energizer
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of Energizer
Thanks to everyone for your comments.

Let's see how Phenomenon plays out and how CA behaves/misbehaves.
oscarp
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of oscarp
I've been reading a lot about the history of magic and the way magicians behaved toward each other during the "Golden Age"

Magicians slandering and each other, stealing there effects and puting each other down publically?

Shock!
Horror!

Old news people,,,,,,,,old news.....
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Ain't that the truth.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
I guess it's been going on as long as the Cups and Balls, it's still unprofessional though.

FACEBOOK
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Heck Moses and the Pharaoh's priests were competing with giant snakes way back...

Who had the bigger staff?
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On 2007-11-06 09:08, oscarp wrote:
I've been reading a lot about the history of magic and the way magicians behaved toward each other during the "Golden Age"

Magicians slandering and each other, stealing there effects and puting each other down publically?

Shock!
Horror!

Old news people,,,,,,,,old news.....

True enough, it is old news. I heard Criss did this as well on his show, only better than the other guys who slandered, insulted, and stole from the competition.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I hate Chris Angel because I want Cameron Diaz all to myself, that lucky ducky.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
KARCH
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of KARCH
Why do people hate Criss Angel?
Why not? It's a free country.
P.S. I am just indifferent towards him.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On 2007-11-06 09:08, oscarp wrote:

Shock!
Horror!

Old news people,,,,,,,,old news....

Guess that makes it right then.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
NO Slim...just something we should be prepared for when signing agreements that may bite us in the ass.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » So why Do people hate Criss Angel anyway? (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL