The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Full Balloon Routines (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

readytogo
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of readytogo
Hi everyone,

Ive looked and seach through all the posts and I'm yet to find someone to recomend a whole routine dvd. I have been asked to perform at a school function for people aged 17+ and I need a routine that will keep people captivated even at that age. Anything that will really blow them away. Its for charity but I'm also looking to get booked. I have looked a T. Meyers site and most of the routines seem to be for small children. Thanks guys and gals.
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
I believe that Tivoli has a dvd showing his stage balloon show. To the best of my knowledge he put out 2 dvds. One of his magic, and one of his balloon performance. I have not seen either one.
cashy001
View Profile
New user
lincoln
42 Posts

Profile of cashy001
I have both of them you are right one magic show the other is his show in paris his show has a band behind him shows you how to make some nice things when he makes micky mouse he only makes the head and arms then pass it out then gets kids up makes them some thing if he didn't have the band I don't think the show would work aswell
I don't do shows I only do small groups or line work can see why some one would sit there not to get balloon to do a show you need more then balloons I think
love me love my magic
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
I did a balloon act in shopping malls for quite a few years. That was years ago before the 260's became popular, but there is no reason why 260's wouldn't work by slightly tweaking the routines. Most of what I did was out of Bob Folmer's book, borrowed some from John Shirley, and the rest out of various sundry books and manuscripts. Not a great act, but it did get great reaction.
I would get as many of the older books that I can get my hands on and start adapting some of the routines. Since 345's and 315's are no longer in style, the books may be hard to find. I still have all of mine, which probably amounts to under 10 with anything worth while in them.
Belleque
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Belleque
I'd encourage you to check out Don Caldwell's DVD's and his archived columns on Balloonhq.com. He shares some of his halloween routines there and that might spark your imagination to create some great routines. Hope this helps.
fuzzysponges
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of fuzzysponges
I'd encourage you to set down with a pad of paper and a pencil and figure out what you would like to accomplish with this balloon show. If you can't twist a wiener dog wiithout instructions, this might be a good time to turn it over to someone who can before you get in over your head.

Most (99%) of the DVDs out there are goiing to show you how to make various balloon sculptures but won't give you a show in a box like you are looking for.
readytogo
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of readytogo
Someone was talking earlier about a show where the person keeps explaining there making this one thing and at the end it turns into a wonderful sculpture of something totally different. Id like to do something like that.
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
T. MYERS
LIFE ON THE LIVING ROOM CIRCUIT

I think....

Call then and ask which lecture notes, book or DVD has the Tasmanian creature skit.

http://www4.mailordercentral.com/tmyersm......ber=5011
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
T Meyers had a routine that he put out called, (I think), the Tasmanian monster. It basically morphs from one figure to another as the performer builds to his finally. The idea isn't new, but if you can still get it, it will show you how you can get 5 minutes out of balloons, and might give you a starting point for other routines. I did a morph routine using kids up on the stage which I believe I got out of Bob Follmer's book.
readytogo
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of readytogo
Looked it up. I cant figure out how I could get them to ship internationally. I live in Canada Smile. If anyone could sell mne a copy of Life on the Living Room Circuit on ebay, that would make me very happy. Thanks guys.
readytogo
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of readytogo
Or if you could tell me how to get international shippig, also great.
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Contact T. Myers. I'm reasonably certain that there is no problem in shipping to Canada.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Full Balloon Routines (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL