The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Canadian Association of Magicians! » » CAM website... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KapBoy77
View Profile
Loyal user
Ottawa, Canada
213 Posts

Profile of KapBoy77
Hey is it me or is this site in serious need of revamping and updating? There has to be a member somewhere out there who is competent in running/building a nice looking website with relevant information. Maybe I'm just being picky. It's nothing against the actual organization.

Dre
Any day I'm walking on top of the grass instead of looking up at the roots is a good day!
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Mark Baluk? I know he does sites....
BalukMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto, Canada
317 Posts

Profile of BalukMagic
As far as I heard. There is a new website begin designed for the next 09 convention?
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
There is nothing in particular wrong with the C.A.M. Web site except that it is "too ambitious" and tries to do too much. Should "DOUG HUNT WORLD'S TALLEST MAGICIAN!!!" be on the main page and in the main menu along with other official CAM business? A little reorganization of what the main topics should be and more importantly, WHY they are main topics, needs to be discussed.

When you click on latest news, and discover it was last updated last summer, and contains news about last April and prior to that there are "headlines" on the basis of once per year under the heading "Latest News..." Either nothing ever happens, or no one is in charge of finding out what's happening AND making the necessary changes. You need an old geezer like me who has nothing better to do but go seeking out information (because you can wait a long time before someone will think to actually tell you what's happening next month) and then has the ability to post it. Check the Calendar of Events and Lectures on my Web site and you'll find that I probably have more up-to-date information about what's happening at Canadian clubs than most of the "official" club web-sites.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Marc Trudel
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Marc Trudel
Quote:
On 2007-11-10 15:06, BalukMagic wrote:
As far as I heard. There is a new website begin designed for the next 09 convention?

We are designing a new web site for the 09 convention but it will only be about the convention, not the organisation itself.

It wouldn't hurt to update the CAM website indeed!
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
The CAM webpage could REALLY do with a shorter URL!

Like www.canmagic.ca (just for the sake of an example) or something.

I mean,

canadianassociationofmagicians.com

is almost as bad to type out as

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.com

for cricket's sake!
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Doug Howe
View Profile
New user
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
51 Posts

Profile of Doug Howe
Is there any word yet on what dates that the 2009 CAM convention will be?
I'm actually looking at booking off the days from work already. I had a great
time in Kitchener in 2007, so I will be attending the Montreal convention!
-=> Doug <=-
P.S. Steve Beam was in Winnipeg last week
Grant
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of Grant
Hi Doug,
The convention will be June 19 - 21, 2009, with a special, optional workshop that will most probably be held on June 18. The most recent Northen Sleights Newsletter has the hotel information, but for those who are interested I've included it below. We'll have all the details up on our site (www.cam2009.org) very soon.

The rest of the team and I look forward to seeing you all in Montreal! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Grant

Convention Hotel: ALT Hotel http://dix30.althotels.ca/
Reservations: Call 450-443-1030 and asking for Sarah or Joanne in group bookings
Price: 129.00$ per night before March 18, 2009, and 139.00$ after
Dizzidiz
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of Dizzidiz
I was wondering if I could be sent a registration form? because I would love to join the convention, but I want to get a room in the hotel, and I want to be sure that I get that (Otherwords, booking early) So if someone could send me an application at Dizzidiz@gmail.com that would be grat

David Fulde
Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
803 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
Dizzy,
I just checked the direct link to the convention's Web site, and the form's not yet available there. I also went to the hotel's Web site, and it's too early to book a room for June '09. At least you have the links now, so you can check on your own!
Cheers!
Dan McLean Jr
Dizzidiz
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of Dizzidiz
Yeah. but I know people at my club who have registered already at another convention. so space is limited.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
I do not believe I've ever booked a hotel on-line, I suppose I just like the personal touch.

Anyway, I phoned the hotel directly earlier today and was able to book a room for June '09, no problem.

The hotel website advertises just 159 rooms, so booking early is probably a wise thing to do.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Dizzidiz
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of Dizzidiz
So do is there a special rate for people going to CAM?
Grant
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of Grant
Hi Dizzidiz,

There is a special rate of $129 per night for the convention, which goes up to $139 in March 2009. For the moment, you have to call to make your reservations. The number for the ALT Hotel is 1.877.343.1030.

We try to check in here on a regular basis, but if you have any questions you'll get a much faster reply by e-mailing us directly. You can reach me at gmcsorley@gmail.com.

Grant
Dizzidiz
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of Dizzidiz
Thanks for the information! I'll hopefully see you there! (If Exams don;t stop me...)

Daivd 'Dizzi' Fulde
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
I, being someone who's been interrested in joining C.A.M has visited the site and agree that it needs to not only be updated but more professional looking. I live in Sask and my only means to get to know more about C.A.M is to visit their website. When I look at the website I have to admit that I become reluctant to join. I know, I shouldn't base my decision on joining C.A.M based on a website, (my bad) but when it looks like it's been abandoned, or hasn't had much care put into it, it reflects on the organization. I look forward to seeing the site updated, and given a new look.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
dbolan
View Profile
Loyal user
Ontario, Canada
201 Posts

Profile of dbolan
Quote:
There is nothing in particular wrong with the C.A.M. Web site except that it is "too ambitious" and tries to do too much...

A good rule of thumb - if a topic or subtopic isn't important enough that the webmaster will find a way to post updates within 24 hours, then it likely isn't fit for the first screen.
"I didn't want him to feel that he could drive the lane with impunity."

- David Robinson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Canadian Association of Magicians! » » CAM website... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL