The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Trio-type routines (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

CoInKrAzY
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of CoInKrAzY
Hey, I was just curious if anyone had seen this guy? Wow, he's doing some wicked stuff with coins. What do you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=speedcuber48

There are two videos, I don't know which is better!!

Michael
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
He's a poster here. His name is Pete McEwen. I've never met him IRL, but he seems like a cool guy and has some nice skills.
CoInKrAzY
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of CoInKrAzY
Thanks Chad!

I've never seen coin magic like that. It looks like versions of Gary Kurtz Trio, but it's so different? Does anyone know who's routines they are? I strive to be that fluid with coins. How would you guys rate him on those routines?

Michael
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
"trioish" - The first half of this is a variation on Kainoa Harbottle's "Repeat Coins from Nostril". It's on Curtis Kam's "Fists of Fury".

The rest of that routine is reminiscent of Kainoa's work, but I can't place it.

"coins" - The premise of the routine is real popular at the moment. I'm familiar with some elements of this routine, but don't know if this is someone else's or something Pete put together.

Maybe Pete will see this and comment.

Both routines are performed nicely. Pete's patter and one-liner's are good. Since we live so close, hopefully we'll meet up sometime.
Pete McEwen
View Profile
Special user
Durham, N.C.
575 Posts

Profile of Pete McEwen
Hey Michael and Chad,
Thanks for your interest. It's funny, I didn't think anyone watched those videos. They are filmed so poorly. I need to refilm them. Since I found out people are watching I might as well. As for the routine questions.

Trioish is based from Kainoa's "Repeat coins from nostril" from POS 2 or Fists of Fury. Then I did Curtis Kam's coins across from his lecture notes Dangerous Notions. Then I performed a short hanging coins with 2 out of three coins, then a version of Kainoa Harbottle's "flurious Four" using only 3 coins, then I vanished the last one. That routine is severely influenced by watching too much Kainoa Harbottle and reading too much about coins from Curtis Kam, Kainoa Harbottle and Gary Kurtz.

Coins is Kainoa Harbottle's second version of "trifecta". The ending had to be cut because of file size, but it's referenced in Kainoas pamphlet. Thanks for watching these and now I know someone is taking an interest I'll properly film some more routines.

Thanks

Pete
The magician formerly known as SPEEDcuber
"no one will believe the things we do if we don't believe them ourselves." - Slydini
PeteMcEwen@mac.com
Verricobl
View Profile
Loyal user
BC
256 Posts

Profile of Verricobl
Yeah, that's some really cool stuff. But the only problem, the video was shot against the light so it was hard to see the coins. I hope Pete shoots a clearer video. Thanks for sharing.
imagine the possibilities... endless...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Trio-type routines (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL