The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Tonight's episode of Phenomenon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
I just received word that on tonights episode Gerry McCambridge will be using a Master Prediction Box that was the personal property of the late great Harry Blackstone Jr... Blackstone had it custom made. There's only one in the world. And Gerry is performing with it tonight to pay homage to a man who inspired and influenced him from the time he was a boy.

So I think that's going to be a nice touch.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Interesting, seeing Harry Blackstone Jr. mannnny years ago got me into magic.
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
I know there's a lot of "modern" stuff out there, but seeing Harry live I felt like I was transformed back into the grand old days of the traveling magic shows. It was in the late 70's that I saw him, and I still remember effects from the show.

Mark Wilson probably had the greatest impact on me, I still remember watching as a small child Mark Wilson on the Magic Land of Alakazam, and they were peforming the living doll illusion...

I think it's great that Gerry is doing this...
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Penguin's Favorite Gerry...
Ryan_B_Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Sugar Grove IL
244 Posts

Profile of Ryan_B_Magic
Now I never saw this show before I'm going to watch it tonight but is this the guy that criss angel got mad at?
emanmagic5
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
614 Posts

Profile of emanmagic5
Quote:
On 2007-11-07 17:09, rydogg6016 wrote:
Now I never saw this show before I'm going to watch it tonight but is this the guy that criss angel got mad at?

Jim Callahan?
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
No, Gerry is not the one that caused the stink...
Mystero
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of Mystero
After 41 pages of (for the most part) absolute nonsensical, 'yes we can communicate with the dead so that they can come back and tell us what toy was locked in a box (can't get more significant then that)', insane posts the pheeenom Jim Callahan is voted off- finally the American public comes through, YEAAA! Not knowing (prior to last night's show)how the paint ball bit was done, thanks to Gerry now I know, thanks for tipping it on national TV(unbelievable bad form)- the babe with the burn tattoo please see Jim Callahan for some acting lessons (pitiful and what's with the smeared tattoo? jeez!)- OK, we've got to give this show points for having basically the Becker Russian Roulette (best done still by Larry and poorly and less entertainingly by others) routine with different props repeated ad nauseum (nail gun; dagger under bag, acid in glass,...)Oh well hopefully it will all be over soon- pretty lame, IMHO.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I wouldn't say that that they all copied the Becker routine. I believe his routine is done with one gun and looks like russian roulette, (I.E. 1 bullet and spinning chamber.) The other routines are russian roulette routines, but they really have no relation to Larry's masterpiece. I do agree that there were WAY too many of these. I'm not that impressed by these things usually. The snake thing for example was a 25% chance just by luck that he'd get it right. And he even missed.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Quote:
On 2007-11-07 14:31, MagicSanta wrote:

don't blame that on our family! (Just kidding, Magic Santa). So that is where the box ended up. I like trying to keep track of both Uncle Harry's and Harry JR.'s props. Though some have moved around so much now it is getting near impossible. Good to hear it is still in use.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1046 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
Quote:
On 2007-11-08 17:39, Mystero wrote:
Not knowing (prior to last night's show)how the paint ball bit was done, thanks to Gerry now I know, thanks for tipping it on national TV(unbelievable bad form

What did he do that revealed the method? How do you think it was done? I ask because I've seen a few post their theories about how the guns really didn't fire and squibs were used. That is not how it was done.
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Profile of Jesse Feinberg
Quote:
On 2007-11-07 14:31, MagicSanta wrote:

ME TOO! I went on stage and covered his birdcage with my hands! I also got into magic from seeing Le Grand David... So many great shows back in the day!!!
varg
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of varg
I haven´t had the possibility to watch episode 3
is there any info where to watch this episode.

thanks Varg
ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
http://www.nbc.com/Video/

All the episodes are there in their full length
varg
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of varg
I´ve tried but only get the answer

sorry but the clip you selected is not available from your location...
tried to mail NBC but get no answers, the first two episodes I saw
on other adresses - I don´t know if it has something to do that I´m
from Sweden...

thanks Varg
kingjay
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of kingjay
I was there in the front row.. the guns did fire.. one ball didn't pop n landed about 2 feet from me... its still bugging my mind... gerry's awesome
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Tonight's episode of Phenomenon (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL