The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » What's the Greatest Self-Working Card Trick? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
magicphill
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of magicphill
Another good one I've found recently is from one of Richard Vollmers Self Working Books called Golconde 2

It's a 3 card location effect which should even fool magicians as well as laymen. The 3 cards are freely selected by each spectator and they even get to shuffle the cards fairly yet the magician can still find all 3 cards quick as a flash. There is a bit of a setup involved but well worth it.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
2410 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
I think that the most popular self working card effect is the one that everyone wants to show magicians... you know the one with 3 rows of cards with 7 cards per row? Smile
magicphill
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of magicphill
Lol well there are some very good variations of the 21 card trick "Sunken 21" by Jack Parker is one
murrari
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of murrari
Yup - and another good version is Chris Kenner's 'Must Be 21 To Enter' from Totally Out Of Control
Andrew Murray
M.I.M.C. Gold Star
AndrewMurrayMagic

DON'T WAIT FOR INSPIRATION is my brand new e-book with 10 new routines.

APTITUDE is my first PLATINUM e-book with 10 new routines + 'SIGNS' bonus.

PLATINUM MEMBERSHIP is available here.

DNA
ropeadope
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
453 Posts

Profile of ropeadope
O.O.T.W. & variants.

John

Merry Christmas!
Nothing is better than more.
tltq
View Profile
Regular user
east coast
155 Posts

Profile of tltq
Razamabaz

Are you aware that Ripped(Make the Cards Match) can be done without ripping cards?
magicdano
View Profile
Regular user
Danny Habel
144 Posts

Profile of magicdano
For me, Steve Beams. Who is the worlds greatest magician? Although it is a spelling trick. it has a lot of punch to it when the arrow ends up pointing to The Worlds Greatest Magician.
Now a suggestion: It would be most helpful if you describe the reason for your favorite trick.
Thanks
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7035 Posts

Profile of bowers
I love get sharky
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Science friction opens some new doors
DPWO
View Profile
New user
Appleton WI
35 Posts

Profile of DPWO
Get sharky! And maybe the invisible deck?
J Christensen
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of J Christensen
I nominate Harry Lorayne's Tally-Ho. A great trick with an interesting premise.
MarkinMadison
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of MarkinMadison
Simon Aronson's Shuffle-Bored!
jmvives
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of jmvives
For me, Overkill by Paul Harris, is one of the best.

greetings,
"Make your magic meaningful" Max Maven
braabesflaben
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of braabesflaben
Invible deck I guess
David Rhodes
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of David Rhodes
I have been enjoying the stuff from Dani DaOrtiz's DVDs recently, especially the card and number with and invisible dice type presentation.
captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
588 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
Que?!!
Have you tried 'Up The Ante' yet?? The ultimate gambling demo....a self-working wonder! See the reviews here on the cafe.
Loopback
View Profile
Veteran user
Lincoln, Nebraska
356 Posts

Profile of Loopback
Ignore it Smiffy, Someone has spammed most of the forum topics with that post.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I think that a bunch of Woody Aragon's material is going to be added to this list soon;)
Kingman
View Profile
Loyal user
Willow Spring NC
295 Posts

Profile of Kingman
Well, I am a little late to this party, but my vote goes for Up and Down by Dai Vernon. This is a great effect. If you are wondering where it is then I fear you are all forgetting one of the best resources for self working card effects. A small book that I wore out long ago. A book that contains effects from greats like; Dunninger, Cardini, Dai Vernon, Francis Carlyle, Cliff Green, Russel Swan, Nate Leipzig, Thurston, and Houdini. Any guesses? Some of the older ones like myself will remember this book, but many of you younger guys will have never heard of it and maybe I should not be giving away such a great secret.

Scarne on Card Tricks

Kingman
-*-The Card Magic of Kingman-*-

I took the Pledge
MikeBeaudet
View Profile
Loyal user
Becancour
224 Posts

Profile of MikeBeaudet
A great trick has to be simple for the spectator. As Dai Vernon said if the spectator is wondering what the performwer is doing and if they have to remember too many informations during each phases of the trick, it's not à good trick. The effect has to be simple to understand and the climax clear and impressive.

So, a good self-working trick having this simplicity is without any doubt "Out of this World" by Paul Cury.

Easy to do, the spectator is doing all the job (almost), and the effect is fantastic. Let's try it !!!

Mike
Do your best and forget the rest
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » What's the Greatest Self-Working Card Trick? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL