The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » This week's ratings.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
As Ive done for the past two weeks, posting the ratings for Phenomenon for you all. This is the worst of all 3 weeks yet. Personally, I was bored to death with last night's acts. Can we view a few more Russian Roulette routines.... also seemed as if everyones stuff was going wrong. The voodoo trick ended badly, and the paintgun routine was a disaster! Was not impressed at all. Week 2 so far has been the best.

Fast National ratings for Wednesday, Nov. 7, 2007

ABC's broadcast of the Country Music Association Awards brought in strong ratings Wednesday, while NBC's lineup continued its downward trend.

For the night, ABC scored a 10.1 rating/16 share and had a 4 million-viewer edge over second-place CBS, 7.4/12. FOX took third at 4.1/6, beating out NBC's 3.9/6. The CW drew a 2.6/4.

ABC also easily won the adults 18-49 demographic with a 5.4 rating. CBS came in second at 3.1, topping FOX's 2.6 and NBC's 2.5. The CW came in at 1.8.

The CMA Awards earned a 10.3/17 for ABC at 8 p.m., leaving everyone else in the dust. "Kid Nation," 4.5/7, put CBS in second, while FOX averaged 4.2/7 with "Back to You" and "'Til Death." NBC was fourth with "Phenomenon." The CW got a 3.4/6 from "America's Next Top Model."
modernmindreader
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of modernmindreader
Ouch... maybe next week we will see some more russian roulette...lol
~Jason Profit
Make up your OWN mind...
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I do want to say the CMAs were great!
Hill
View Profile
Inner circle
1164 Posts

Profile of Hill
I really appreciate you doing this. I was sure the ratings were gonna lift. best, david.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I wonder if CA was not one of the judges what the ratings would be? Sure he is not a favorite here or with fellow magicians but would the public even watch?

I was really hoping this would put mentalism on the map.
baggins321
View Profile
Loyal user
United States
223 Posts

Profile of baggins321
Can someone please tell me how the paintball effect was a "disaster". I don't remember there being any problems. Only thing I noticed was that the bunnies missed a lot which drew out the effect, but that wasn't harmful to the demonstration.
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
840 Posts

Profile of RileyG
Quote:
On 2007-11-09 07:30, baggins321 wrote:
Can someone please tell me how the paintball effect was a "disaster". I don't remember there being any problems. Only thing I noticed was that the bunnies missed a lot which drew out the effect, but that wasn't harmful to the demonstration.

The PaintBall Gun effect was boring and long drawn out to just use an expensive box with tube to show the results... This is what happens when a certain performers with no personality over uses props in their act...

On the other hand Mike Super's act was excellent... Lot's of fun and keep the audience alive using very low tech items...

I'm surprised none have hurled the headlines yet.... That and Q&A made mentalism years ago...
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
840 Posts

Profile of RileyG
Quote:
On 2007-11-09 01:34, modernmindreader wrote:
Ouch... maybe next week we will see some more russian roulette...lol

Or the Hippy Hopp rabbits done with a psychic flair...
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
I do not always agree with Riley G on issues, but I truely believe his 2 posts above hit the nail on the head, think about it Hippity Hop Rabbits with a mental spin that would have to be entertaining. Kevin James used to do a much more entertaining version with velcro balls & a purple suit that strongly used to make him look like Barney. It was a lot lower tech & be done for about $100 max. Really do not know why so many thought Gerry did such a great job.
wpt1031
View Profile
Loyal user
Toledo Ohio
237 Posts

Profile of wpt1031
They just need to do something simple like "pick a number any number between one and three." And have some crazy mood lighting with scary ominous music. The kids will love it.
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
840 Posts

Profile of RileyG
One of the best books (and audio book) is "STORY" by Robert McKee... I think those performing and who write their own shows must read/listen to this book... And those that can get or have should watch the late great Davey Marlin-Jones (Theater Professor UNLV / Director) PEA lecture given in Washington DC, called "P.A.S.T.O."

http://aoj.ucdavis.edu/daveymarlinjones.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davey_Marlin-Jones
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » This week's ratings.... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL