The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Unphenomenal Chicks (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
Bambaladam
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Bambaladam
I have never seen Angela Funovits perform apart from on Phenomenon, I don't know her and I have no idea what she is like or what she likes to wear.

That said, I felt the most tragic moments of Phenomenon have been the judge's comments to her. You'd think Uri and Criss would act less like a pair of middle-aged virgins, especially after saying "gone are the days of being stuffed into boxes!". I think she has been treated terribly in that sense. In no way did she claim her phenomenal performance involved the issue of whether or not she has attractive physical features.

I am certain she has had her clothes and (at least parts of) her act dictated for her by NBC. I would berate her for not refusing had I known more about the circumstances involved, and how she views this as a step in her career. I don't, so I won't.

I don't necessarily think anyone needs to read any books, but I think a lot of men in this business have a lot of growing up to do.

Yeah, she's cute. So am I Smile. I would be very offended if all one of my peers had to say about my performance was I looked good doing it. Very offended. To the point of asking why they bothered to say anything at all. A compliment is always nice but there is a time and place for it. By treating her that way on the show they have neutered her performances, and her tentativeness may in no small degree be caused by the fact that she doesn't seem to be judged by her performances.

This is a way bigger deal than the Jim Callahan thing. They are treating her like she's in a pageant, and the others like they are on Phenomenon. Criss is opening a big can of worms in starting to challenge other performers as his own performances won't hold up to challenges, but that's his decision. Angela has never (on the show at least) asked to be judged based on her appearance as far as I can tell, but it is apparently impossible to avoid.

Some of the audience (male and female) will always pick favourites based on physical appearance, but if the intent is to try to get the performers to push their limits and blow our minds with freaky stuff like we never saw before, perhaps the judges should be focusing on that aspect. Just a thought.

/Bamba
Atom3581
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Atom3581
Angela is doing as good as anyone else on the show and YES she is very attractive too.
Bambaladam
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Bambaladam
I have to say one more thing about Angela, and this is me giving props:

When she did the knife bit, she had me convinced something had gone wrong and she was having to resort to CMR. That had me at the edge of my seat. Even if that wasn't the case, she obviously made the act suspenseful enough for me. And her relief when she was done strengthened that impression for me. I can't say what someone with man in the street thought patterns would have thought (their unpoisoned minds are so often more perceptive than ours...alas), but that performance won me over, whether it be by acting skills or just the sheer ballsiness of going ahead with it. Her other bits I thought were less impressive but she is still strong enough in the field that she deserves to be treated as a contender like anyone else on the show. I don't know if that has been mentioned before but that was one of my (few) favourite moments of this show.
JohnEBlaze
View Profile
New user
Maitland, FL
66 Posts

Profile of JohnEBlaze
Fun things to see on a monday, a message board thread breaking down height of a girl's skirt like it was the kennedy assisination film.

I think they did AF a disservice by the way they dressed her up. She's a gorgeous young woman but in the press photos she looks 40 because of all the make up they put on her.
darrylasher
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of darrylasher
Quote:
On 2007-11-19 13:48, JohnEBlaze wrote:
Fun things to see on a monday, a message board thread breaking down height of a girl's skirt like it was the kennedy assisination film.

Back... and to the left.
Back... and to the left.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Unphenomenal Chicks (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL