The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Unphenomenal Chicks (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Yeah ERIK is a real long name.... otherwise we would have just saw RIK or IK Smile
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
johne
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of johne
LMAO...I thought it said Ericsonian. My Bad. I'm glad it didn't say "Harry."
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
We hope Angela continues in the competition tomorrow night for all our own right and wrong reasons. All of the performers deserve our support with the unimaginable (for us) pressure they are under. We thank them all for the buzz and entertainment they are providing and are glad of the new professional friendships this show is creating.
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
833 Posts

Profile of RileyG
Quote:
On 2007-11-13 19:38, coupcoupdaddy wrote:
We hope Angela continues in the competition tomorrow night for all our own right and wrong reasons. All of the performers deserve our support with the unimaginable (for us) pressure they are under. We thank them all for the buzz and entertainment they are providing and are glad of the new professional friendships this show is creating.

A) I think that Mike Super, Angela, and Raven will go forth
Gone tomorrow are Gerry M, and Guy B
-- Next week it will be Mike S and Angela in the show down
-- Next Mike S is crowned the winner of this game show...

B) I think that Mike Super, Angela, and Guy B will go forth
Gone tomorrow are Gerry M, and Raven
-- Next week it will be Mike S and Guy B
-- Guy B is crowned the winner of this game show...
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17496 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I agree with Daddy! They all need our support even if they have had to play a part to continue Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4204 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely mentalists.
Hoff Man
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
258 Posts

Profile of Hoff Man
Quote:
On 2007-11-13 19:25, johne wrote:
Come on...she had to hike it just a little. We wouldn't have been able to read the name if she hadn't. :O)

Heck, that’s just how we mark ourselves here in the Buckeye state. Never thought of it as provocative.

I have the OSU block “O” seared on my right thigh, and “#1” on the left, (might have to fix that one).

Wishing all the remaining contestants the best … except for the person that performs the next roulette routine.

Steve
Tone
View Profile
Elite user
The Secret Theater
420 Posts

Profile of Tone
I'm going to miss the show for the first time tomorrow...

I've got an "art opening" (wish me luck)

I'll be sure to tape it though! (and wish them luck Smile )
╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ
DerZauberer
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
468 Posts

Profile of DerZauberer
I don't have an issue at all with how Angela looks - it’s the presentation that I watch. I commend all the contestants on this debacle. Does anyone recall Street Magic Magazine where she poses in a bikini?. I said from the get-go that Angela was a magician, not a mentalist. But then again, so was I and they gave me a couple call-backs for this show.

What makes me wince is little Criss the wining spoiled girl and Uri who is tightrope walking on “creepy old guy hitting on young girl”.
DerZauberer
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
468 Posts

Profile of DerZauberer
If this get's her the paid gigs, good for her!

princehal
View Profile
Loyal user
Pennsylvania
214 Posts

Profile of princehal
Ya know, if I had come on here and critized Jim for his flouncy psudo Victorian -- David Copperfield wannabe garb, feigned "manliness" in his confrontation with Angel, (I fully expected a slap fight to break out) you guys would have been all over me.

Good god, this is pathetic. Men lecturing a woman on how she should dress, present her act, books she should read on feminism.

If I am learning anything on these forums, it's that magicians are a mean and petty lot -- and I thought actors where bad.

Sure, rake her act over the coals, if that makes you feel good. I certainly did with the bad acting during the spirit writing/epileptic fit thing your buddy here did. Did he wear a dancers belt or have a sock stuffed down his pants? Was the make-up done just right so we could see the sweat on his manly brow?

The show bites. This show, and the subsequent commentary does indeed give people who call themselves mentalists a bad name. We all use what we got.
Arnon
View Profile
Inner circle
1320 Posts

Profile of Arnon
Quote:
On 2007-11-12 20:21, Tom Cutts wrote:
Quote:
I'm quite puzzled by the crucification of the way she dresses.

It is not so much the way she dresses as it is the way she hiked her dress up. I see no eveidence of such actions in the video links posted here and elsewhere. THAT is the contradiction to honest charm.

This should settle whether AF hiked her dress up - notice her left hand behind the torch:

DerZauberer
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
468 Posts

Profile of DerZauberer
Well, she had to move the dress a bit. She could'nt allow it to catch fire.

No one made a peep when Wayne Hoffman removed his shirt to show off his shoulder/tattoo...

SnakeBabe
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
90 Posts

Profile of SnakeBabe
Quote:
Good god, this is pathetic. Men lecturing a woman on how she should dress, present her act, books she should read on feminism......

Welcome to my world...

Hugs and Hissessss,
Maria
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17496 Posts

Profile of Slim King
He still got that tat? Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Arnon
View Profile
Inner circle
1320 Posts

Profile of Arnon
Quote:
On 2007-11-15 12:24, DerZauberer wrote:
No one made a peep when Wayne Hoffman removed his shirt to show off his shoulder/tattoo...

I don't think that even the women would find Wayne's shoulder alluring... he almost had to beg Shandi to touch it. Smile
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4274 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
He should've used a monkey. Everyone wants to touch my monkey...
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Arnon
View Profile
Inner circle
1320 Posts

Profile of Arnon
News flash!!!

Now we mentalists can have our predictions magically appear as tatoos!

Maybe Wayne should've performed his effect as an appearing yin yang!?

See Ellusionist (not my endorsement):

http://www.ellusionist.com/category/stained_skin.do

NOTA BENE: This post is not to be taken seriously. Smile
JRob
View Profile
Veteran user
Central South Carolina
395 Posts

Profile of JRob
Oddly enough I noticed that the pictures of the dress getting hiked left out the part where she passed the torch where the hem had been. I guess if the dress had caught fire some might have been satisfied.
This thread is exactly why I objected to Geller's comment about using sex appeal. She would be accused using it in a manipulative fashion. Sex appeal was all Geller talked about. I don't think he said a single thing about her performance until last night when he offered a terse, "You failed to mystify me" (translation:tonight your act didn't have any reason to raise your hem")
She has been portrayed by a few as some kind of bimbo who can't make it on her own talent without resorting to "Talent and Ambition". She doesn't have to do this, she's a medical student not some airhead. She is a magician because of a love of the art. I'm sure some will object to what I have said, but I cannot, I will not just sit idly by without comment.
"Jim Roberts, AKA: Professor Jay Rob "<br>
The Professor's Facebook Page
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
It involves a certain green eyed monster
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Unphenomenal Chicks (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL