The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Multiplying balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

broow
View Profile
New user
Belgium
1 Post

Profile of broow
When I was young....a saw an magician who had a small ball with little balls inside.
When you rubbed the first ball a second appears, ....
He got 3 or four balls at the end.
What is the trick called and where can I buy it?
Greeting and thanks,
broow
Burrich
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of Burrich
It's called the multiplying balls surprisingly enough Smile. They can be bought in most online magic stores.

eg. http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/product.php?productid=3349

Oh and welcome to the Magic Café Smile!
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2007-11-11 16:00, broow wrote:
When I was young....a saw an magician who had a small ball with little balls inside.
When you rubbed the first ball an second apaers, ....
Hi got 3 or four balls at the end.
What is the trick called and where cani buy him.
Greeting and thanks
broow

Hi Broow and welcome to the magic Café.

Do you remember if the balls were squishy (sponge) or solid like wood? There are two great tricks that might be what you remember and a little more information if you remember would help.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
My guess would be sponge balls, as the description sounds like a presentational premise.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
titus590
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of titus590
What you describe is either Multiplying balls or sponge balls. They are both great and can be found almost anywhere.
Burrich
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of Burrich
Oh yeah it could also be the sponge balls. Strange wonder why didn't think of that...

Anyway if the magician positioned his hand in a way similar to the picture in the link I gave then it's probably the multiplying balls.

If the ball was put into someone's hand, they closed their hand into a fist and the balls multiplied when the hand was opened then it's probably the sponge balls.
mysto59
View Profile
Loyal user
Bethalto, Illinois
264 Posts

Profile of mysto59
I have a set of multiplying balls I've had for years. They are about 1 1/2" in diameter, red, made of wood and from germany. A nice little set actually. I still use them once in a while...
It's not the size of the wand that matters, it's the "magic" in it...
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
...as well you should, mysto59, and proudly, too! Mastering wooden multiplying balls seems to be a dying art. Anyone can learn to use the rubber ones.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Broow,

To confuse things even more you could have seen Goshman's Multiplying Sponge Balls:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=314

The following video clip (it's not me!) is not very inspiring, but did it look something like this?:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/473663/mul......e_balls/

This is the Multiplying Billiard Balls done with Sponge Balls as opposed to a Sponge Ball Routine where the sponges multiply in the spectator's hand. Are you completely confused now!

Welcome to the Magic Café!

Andy
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
MagicMan11
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of MagicMan11
"When you rubbed the first ball a second appears"

I think your talking about sponge balls since you say the word "rubbed" Usually, people do rub the balls to multiply them but they use sleight of hand to do so.
matt kemp
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of matt kemp
Hey everyone,

I don't know exactly how multiplying balls work, but could you produce three final load balls and make the fourth one a multiplying ball? That might look interesting... It could also be a false explanation of the fourth final load. You could say something like "Two balls came out of this cup because the balls keep multiplying."

-Matt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Multiplying balls (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL