The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Trans-Locations (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
New effect from David Regal.

http://www.davidregal.com/

Jeff
palmtreemagic!
View Profile
Loyal user
Everywhere and wherever
261 Posts

Profile of palmtreemagic!
Looks pretty good
Looks like a much easier version of a similar trick taught on Silverado 3
Unleashing the moment of astonishment, one impromptu situation at a time.
Starromeo
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Starromeo
To be this seems to be overpriced
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Quote:
On 2007-11-13 17:31, Starromeo wrote:
To be this seems to be overpriced

Not in the least. This is truly a beautifully made product. I'm glad I got mine when I did. This was produced in very limited quantities so if you're on the fence about getting one, the time is now.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
It looks very nice. It does NOT at all seem overpriced.

Jeff
andrelimantara
View Profile
Special user
Surabaya, Indonesia
871 Posts

Profile of andrelimantara
Looks good to me....

very nice effect

Cheers
Andre
"Good performance comes from good practice, Great performance comes from the heart - Andre Limantara"
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
It is a very good effect with a nice variation on John Kennedy's translocation effect using foreign coins that uses different types of gimmicked coins. It is well worth the money. However, that being said, the use of foreign coins and this different type of gimmick is slighty more difficult to learn and to perform with than the usual translocation routine. The best translocation routine that I have seen is by John Mendoza which is on his vol 2 of his My Best DVD set. John Mendoza uses half dollars but his handling and natural and effortless moves are worth learning. You just have to weigh whether the use of foreign coins would enhance the effect to justify the cost compared with using half dollars.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
If you want An International 4 Coin Tranlocation I had one in print In the 3Th.S&S Book many years Ago!
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
BRodgers
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of BRodgers
Reasonable priced.
Creator of The Phantom Band 360
mickey.w
View Profile
Veteran user
HK
313 Posts

Profile of mickey.w
I know there are different ways to design the coins to perfrom this routine....some requires a certain table setting (cough cough...colour...cough cough), some other designs don't.

Can some users shed some light on the question? this is a great matter to whether the area of application can be expanded.
jamie9
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of jamie9
The best translocation routine I have seen is by Dean Dill on his Extreme Dean DVDs. It is based off of Translocation but the method is different. The routine looks identical to the origional Translocation until the end, where you cover up the last coin to make it travel to join the other three on the other side. So you cover up the one coin on the left with one hand and cover up the other three on the other side with the other hand. Then when you lift both hands up there are 4 coins on each side! This surprize ending fooled my so baddly. It is easy to perform but it uses an extra gaff. I highly recomend checking this one out!
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Quote:
On 2007-12-01 00:21, mickey.w wrote:
I know there are different ways to design the coins to perfrom this routine....some requires a certain table setting (cough cough...colour...cough cough), some other designs don't.

Can some users shed some light on the question? this is a great matter to whether the area of application can be expanded.

No "cough cough" to worry about here. The set is both clever and very well made.
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of slydini62
I just recieved my Trans-Location and I think it is the best Translocation effect bar none. The patter lends itself to the foreign coins and it is EXTREMELY clean.
jimbowmanjr
View Profile
Veteran user
Inside the Bottle
320 Posts

Profile of jimbowmanjr
I saw this from David awhile back when he was just talking about it through e-mail. I was very impressed with the routine and the coins that are being offered here. Knowing David you are getting a top-shelf effect and very well made coins. I disagree completely that this is overpriced, I think it is very reasonable but just not something I can afford personally right now (stupid kids electronics for Christmas ARE overpriced!).

--Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Trans-Locations (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL