The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Finals (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
In my opinion, only one person brought together the home and studio audience and demonstrated what mentalism is about. Congratulations to Guy Bavli, win lose or draw, he was phenomenal tonight.

:applause:

Tony Iacoviello
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
My Fiance' liked Super and Raven.
Oddly enough..... I liked Gerry tonight Smile (Reminded me of something Jim did Smile )
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
magicuncle
View Profile
Regular user
Elgin, IL
126 Posts

Profile of magicuncle
I just got through voting tens times for Guy
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Everyone PERFORMING on the show deserves credit for what they have done. They are all winners, Jim Karol, Ehud Segev, Jan Bardi, Wayne Hoffman, Jim Callahan, Gerry McCambridge, Angela Funovitz, Mike Super, Eran Raven, and Guy Bavli.

All deserve a hand. Smile

Tony
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1914 Posts

Profile of Randwill
A dreadful sleep-inducing hour of television. I hope magic can recover.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Clapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclap..clapclap....clap...clap
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
chuckm
View Profile
New user
South Carolina
46 Posts

Profile of chuckm
I do hope Guy makes it through, but Gerry really impressed me. I like his presentation style. Mike Super did a good job of blurring the lines between magic and mentalism.

Anyway, I'm all for Guy....BUT....did you see the "stop sign bend"? I felt sorry for him because I don't think the effect went quite as planned.

Chuck
Chuck L. Miller
Magician/Mentalist
www.chucklmiller.com
Joshua Lozoff
View Profile
Inner circle
Chapel Hill, NC
1332 Posts

Profile of Joshua Lozoff
Criss' behavior over the last few weeks has bothered me, but tonight was the first time Truly felt sorry for the man. Not being able to light-heartedly hold hands with Uri is the sign of a truly sad man. I don't know what is going on in his head, but I believe we should turn from scorn to pity, because he is definitely psychologically troubled.

Oh, and I really like Mike Super, and felt the rest were pretty poor performances.
Joshua Lozoff

joshualozoff.com
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Super didn't just channel Becker - tonight it was shades of a Berglas stunt.

Raven has got to change his shtick... enough with the danger already - in fact, his little clip with the E.T. thought transfer was much more entertaining (to me at least) - he actually seemed alive and not wooden - its like he needed to do "street magic" for a few minutes with the audience and he would have been into the Super engagement....

Bavli - he was great with audience connections... brilliant.... and it also brought an interesting thing I will start another thread about after I post this... because CA has stepped outta line again!!!

Angela - poor girl - at least she get going with the flow - muscle reading? Never do anything without an out unless you can impromotu change it into a sorta hit at least... but it was still a nice premise and change of pace....

Gerry - KUDOS... he said tonight "...as A mentalist I travel..." CLAP CLAP CLAP...I liked his effect.... and I liked his attempt at making it visual...

But Super and Bavli had it hands down for thinking TV and showy - bravo!

And as mentioned on another thread - the envelope contains the name of the winner (snore)
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
FocusYourMAYND
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of FocusYourMAYND
So, I know all the performers are going back out to Hollywood to appear next week. Are they going to perform?
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Couldn't Angela have gotten the info off of the internet on the miss? Didn't seem planned.....That's what my girlfriend thought.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
JasonLinett
View Profile
Loyal user
Alexandria, VA
202 Posts

Profile of JasonLinett
Quote:
On 2007-11-14 21:28, Dr Spektor wrote:
Angela - poor girl - at least she get going with the flow - muscle reading? Never do anything without an out unless you can impromotu change it into a sorta hit at least... but it was still a nice premise and change of pace....

She's a celebrity, folks... IMBD! There's an out for you...
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Yeah, I didn’t get that.

I mean, who knows their birth stone, anyways?

The impression is that there must have been a set-up. Yet, something went wrong.

I guess these things happen.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
You don't know your birth stone?

Shame on you, Elliott!

Just when I thought you could write STONECRAFT! ... Smile
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Smile
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
CA refused to hold hands because:

1) He is no girly man

2) He is King and will always be King. A King obeys no one least of which a "magician performing a magic trick" giving him an order.

3) Its CA's show, don't even try to upstage me.

4) Uri does only tricks also, no real powers like the King

4) Refer to number 2
Bob Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
1111 Posts

Profile of Bob Baker
I'm a bit surprised by how little commentary there is after tonight's show. Do even the Café-niks have Phenomenon Phatigue?

I was delighted to see the real Guy Bavli: relaxed, funny, charismatic, and amazing. I thought Gerry did a wonderful piece as well, but Criss and Uri have had it out for him from the beginning. Once Guy started his Uri tribute, I knew he would win the "showdown."

I felt sorry for Angela, but she carried on like a trooper.

Appearing motorcycle on a mentalism show. Need I say more?

Eran Raven: pale imitation of a Derren Brown classic. Are the hair and beard glued on just before the show?

B
johne
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of johne
I thought there were some major screwups tonight...I don't know what happend, but you could faintly hear Guy said, "wait a second" and the house kept talking right over him and started on with Gerry. The cameras were not even in the right spot.

I did like Guy a lot tonight...he wins hands down for audience involvement tonight and keeping to mentalism.

I also liked Supers blend of magic and mentalism...nice. He is playing to the crown. The man is smart. Even though he is going very "magical"...it is working good for him as he is really standing out.

J
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
Both Gerry and Guys performances were the most congruent I've seen. Those appeared to be actual performance pieces. Both were relaxed.

The appearing motorcycle was out of place.

I think Mike Super is popular with the viewers. He is entertaining.
modernmindreader
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of modernmindreader
Oddly enough I brought myself to watch it in its entirety tonight. As soon as Gerry got started and mentioned the postcards I said out loud... "paris, eiffel tower"

The folks in the room looked at me weird (not like that is new). Then when the girl picked Paris and the drawing of the eiffel tower got turned around they all turned white. lol

I did like Guys routine and obviously Uri and Criss did too.
~Jason Profit
Make up your OWN mind...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Finals (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL