The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Does Anybody Recognise This Effect? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

James Fortune
View Profile
Special user
UK
509 Posts

Profile of James Fortune
I wonder if any genius out there can help me?

I have a card trick that has been separated from its instructions and I haven't a clue what the effect is.

I have a pack of Bicycle poker cards.

The blue box is marked on the top left-hand corner '10' in ink.

In the box are two 3 of Diamonds cards (one red-backed and one
blue-backed)
and
51 3 of Clubs (all blue-backed).

Any ideas?

Kindest regards
James
Warmest regards
James

James Fortune MIMC
www.comedymagiciansurrey.co.uk
www.bestweddingmagician.co.uk
dncmagic
View Profile
New user
Gettysburg Pa
57 Posts

Profile of dncmagic
It sounds like a one way force deck with a couple of extra cards in it. if you don't have instructions improvise. here is my idea:
place the two 3ofD on the bottom the deck so the red backed is last and the blue backed is next to last. do some tricks with a reg deck first, deck switch, then have spectator pick a card any card,look at it and place it back in the deck. tell them without knowing thier card your are going to try to cut to one of its mates. ask if thier card was black or red, they'll say black, say that leaves red then ask for hearts or diamonds if they say hearts say that leaves diamond for me to find, if they say diamonds say ok I'll find the diamond mate of your card. thumb count the two bottom cards and cut them to the top. do a DL to show the 3ofD. that will be pretty amazing cause you didn't know the value of thier card and in thier mind they selected the suit you needed to find. then pick up the double and perform the KM move as you brush the top of the card set it on the table tell them the name of thier card. then as a kicker tell the you knew what card they wanted you to pick in advance and to prove it turn the card over to show them the back is red. that just the first idea that came to mind I hope it helps
James Fortune
View Profile
Special user
UK
509 Posts

Profile of James Fortune
I found out what is it ... it's IMPOSSIBLE OPENER by Doc Eason.

The '10' written on the box is actually 'IO'! Doh!!! Smile
Warmest regards
James

James Fortune MIMC
www.comedymagiciansurrey.co.uk
www.bestweddingmagician.co.uk
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I was just about to say that, but the "10" thing threw me for a moment. It's a great trick! You can see Doc perform it on one (or more) of his videos.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Does Anybody Recognise This Effect? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL