The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Himber Style Pouch for Copper - Silver - Brass Routine? (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
leaycraft
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of leaycraft
Michael Ammar at one time sold Himber style wallets, just big enough to hold a playing card , going to get mine out I think this is what sean created. Should work fine, I havent checked to see if he still sells them. Just got mine out I had purchased three (dont know why lol). Going to gaff one up today for my C/S/B.
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." A. Conan Doyle," The Sign of Four"
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Sean's hand made purse sounds a lot like the one Scotty York uses in his "Numistasist" routine - check out the WGM CSB Dvd. I found credit card size wallets on EBay fairly cheap (2-3 dollars). The re-stitching was a pain though.

Regards,

Alan
Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
Jim,

Do you put the purse down on the table throughout the routine etc.? I'll probably get the extra purse anyway because, after all, you can't have enough Smile and they look great, but when you're switching in the other purse at the end anyway, does it really have better impact using the himber during the effect rather than just switching in another purse with the non gaffed coins at the end? Just curious.

Thanks,
Christian
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I think so. I use the "Pouched CSB" routine from Scott Guinn's ebook "My Best To You - Coins". Yes I place the Himber on the table after each time I use it and at the end I switch it in the same manner as most objects - I start to put the pouch/purse away and then decide to toss it on the table with the coins, kind of a "what the heck, you might as well examine the whole works" move.

Jim
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I should have mentioned in my last post: You do have to take care not to show the back side of the Himber purse naturally. That is the one caution with this purse. Flash it once quickly and you might get away with it - probably will if it's a quick look. Flash it again or any longer and you're busted!

Jim
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
I am not much of a coin person, but I believe that Larry Becker's purses would do great for what you are looking for.
Parson
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I own several Ton Onosaka Himber coin purses. I love the new ones that Frank at http://www.theambitiouscard.com has so much that I ordered a couple of them since I own several coin sets. The quality is very impressive especially for the price. Comes highly recommended.
Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
Thanks Jim and all. I'll be checking out Scott's routine and getting in touch with Frank. I have a leather cylinder that I bought from Frank and it's top quality!

Christian
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
893 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
Bob Sheets has a great version on his 3 Disk set that uses a small coin purse, but doesn't require "pocket work" or a switch pouch.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
I received the himber and regular pouch from Frank and Co. last week and also picked up Roth's coin bag that they are crafting. I've gotta say, I probably won't be doing a CSB routine without them from here on out...

Gorgeous stuff!
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
For those interested, I have the last of Ton Onosaka's Himber Coin Purse Sets (New/Packaged) listed in the For Sale section.
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Or if I may... My Mobius does just what you asked and lots more and comes with routines by many coin guys.

Oh well

Tony
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
I use Tony's Mobius Wallet for my CSB routine - it's SUPERB
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
BrotherJeffrey
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of BrotherJeffrey
Have you guys seen Traveler? ...The Traveler Wallet can make your changes mentioned here with several distinct advantages: You can do so visibly, instantly and no need for a table. It comes with four complete worker's routines and is easy to use. Not to mention is priced very competitively. It has amazing reviews here on the Café. You can find more info and a demo right here: https://shop.copelandcoins.com/products/......s-wallet
Revolutionary Tools and Teaching for Coin Magicians

Have you seen Tresor?

CopelandCoins.com
BrotherJeffrey
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of BrotherJeffrey
Revolutionary Tools and Teaching for Coin Magicians

Have you seen Tresor?

CopelandCoins.com
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I'm sure Mobius and Traveler work great but look unlike any coin purse spectators have ever seen compared to a standard Himber coin purse.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
I've just picked up a Mobius too I like the way the wallet can be opened completely I think it's very deceptive,
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Agreed Warren, the Mobius is very deceptive. I also use it to initially hold out the CSB gimmick too so everything is self contained - perfect
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
My curiosity got the best of me and just placed an order for Travelor. I am also planning to purchase Mobius in both sizes but saw there is a chained option. What exactly does that mean? Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
You know those old wallets that had a chain attached so you could hook them to your belt, keys, waistcoat, whatever? It's like that.
https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/7adab4b......b26.jpeg

Except it's on the Mobius wallet. It's removable (you could swap it from wallet to wallet), and I recall seeing Curtis Kam using it like that in a routine/lecture somewhere, though I can't remember which one, at the moment.

I hope that helps.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Himber Style Pouch for Copper - Silver - Brass Routine? (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL