The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bich - TNR (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
There's a old Ken Brooke trick where you show two cards, put on on the table (or in someone's hands) and cut up the other. Mind you that old does not have a visible restoration phase, instead going for something where you tape up the card after the pieces change but you can see how Bich's idea can play into that routine.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
Quote:
On 2007-11-16 20:00, Silvio Solaris wrote:

Birchs TnR looks good but the teaser doesn't even show the full effect.
I think after the wrong card changes to the spectators card it can be handed out.

Like you said, it is a TEASER. Sooner before it comes out, there will be a new preview showing much more.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Let's just wait and see....I think this will be excellent, as most of his
other effects....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
cosmicsecret
View Profile
Special user
Germany - Mannheim
504 Posts

Profile of cosmicsecret
Looks good to me.If it will replace your favorite torn and restored card effect will be known once the effect is released and reviewed.
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
Quote:
On 2007-11-16 11:57, JustinClark wrote:
From what I understand this is a routine, NOT a single effect like just tearing up a card and putting it back together. A spec picks a card and you seek to find it. Unfortunatly you produce the wrong card. Then you tear up the mistake card and piece it back together. Which doesn't make sense until you turn it around and show that it has changed into their selection. The restoration itself is only the rise to the real climax which is the card changing to the selection.

Cool routine
Constance
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Constance
I like the restorations but the last one looks a little fishy. Can't wait to see the whole demo.
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Quote:
I know the method of Holy Grail.
Version one let's you sign the card back and front.
After the restauration, that is angle proof, the card can be handed out immediately and kept as a souvenir. It can't get much cleaner then that.

I think after the wrong card changes to the spectators card it can be handed out.

Agreed Silvio, I like the fact that Holy Grail can also be performed surrounded. I have already put Jordans effect in my rotation, just stunning.
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
Quote:
On 2007-11-17 11:17, Irishghost wrote:
Quote:
I know the method of Holy Grail.
Version one let's you sign the card back and front.
After the restauration, that is angle proof, the card can be handed out immediately and kept as a souvenir. It can't get much cleaner then that.

Agreed Silvio, I like the fact that Holy Grail can also be performed surrounded. I have already put Jordans effect in my rotation, just stunning.

:heavymetal:
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
shoosh018
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of shoosh018
A review:

As a torn and restored enthusiast, I was very excited to get this effect. I bought the DVD and instant download as soon as I could. This is a review of the instant download, as I haven’t received the DVD yet.

Pros:
VISUAL, VISUAL, VISUAL!!!!
The video quality is great.
The instruction for both the construction of the gimmick and the performance is detailed and complete.
The biggest positive I have to say about this effect, is that it is not just an effect. It is a complete and structured routine. I must say that I was very unsure about the “kicker ending”. However, in the context of the routine, it works wonderfully.

Cons:
This is NOT anything close to impromptu!!!!
You do have to make a gimmick.
There is a fair amount of preparation time, and materials needed.
You cannot hand the card out immediately after the last restoration.

Summary:
The way I feel about this effect is very reminiscent of the way I felt after watching Color Fusion by: Eric James. This is an amazing effect when performed properly. However, the amount of preparation and set-up are a little much for me. I will save this for special occasions and for fellow magi. As for the rest of the time, I’m sticking with DG’s TORN.

I hope this helps you make a decision about if this trick is right for you.
Thanks,

CHR!S
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Well, a review will come from me soon after I have had chance to get the materials to make it up etc, but the gimmick is way way cool, and I think the method is cooler than the effect!!! I don't actually think anyone in the world but Mathieu could have come up with this, and I also think there is only one man in the world who can make the gimmick to this sooo good that he could sell them...but I won't mention his name. The gimmick construction really isn't that hard, and there is so much going for this, that the set up makes it worth it, I know what I will be doing all day tomorrow!!! Smile:D:D As I said, more in depth thoughts coming soon, but first impression, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hello guys,

I am going to have to agree with Christopher, I don't want to give a review yet as I havent made up the gimmick just yet, but I will do that and then post a review.
But this effect is not impromptu, but can kill magicians and laymen alike.
It is a different type of trick with a killer climax that is bound to astound even the most skeptic spectators.
First impression: Wow!! Very clean TNR
More later

aLEX
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Newb2
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of Newb2
Can anyone comment on the difficulty of "cleaning up" and handing the card out after the last restoration/transformation?
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
I have an idea you could use for the change. You could tear up the wrong card, "killing" it. Then, you put it back together "reincarnating" it into the selection. How does that sound?
Alan Patrick
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Alan Patrick
Chris..quick question

the description says that the transformation at the end is optional...

would you choose to not include it in the end for some performances?

the restorations of each piece is so clean I think there may be times where you may not do the transformation...

basically...would you perform it without the transformation or keep it as is..hope that clear? lol..sorry

Thanks

AP
BlackDove
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of BlackDove
Quote:
On 2007-11-16 01:28, jordanjohnson wrote:
Nope I'm gonna bet the ashes of my dead dog Fido that it is not immediatly examinable

You can ship that dead dog out to me then.
Because it can be examined! haha
Yeah this is a really cool effect, ill be using it.

Calvin Lauber
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
593 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
Not immediatley after the last restoration so I'm keeping my ashes
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Newb2, it can be done very casually, and all looks fair.

Alan, I would always use the change as I like it, and I have ideas for myself to put it into a routine. I think the change at the end is great, and yes it is optional, but I think I will use it more with the change than without
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
I just posted this on theory 11 as many were asking questions... here's what I wrote (it's a bit muddled as I wasn't taking my time writing lol)

I have the download also and so will give some brief thoughts and info... I will do a full review once I feel I have put enough time into it etc and performed it for a bit.

Firstly the set-up... well first time it took me quite a while.
Firstly because I never had all the things you need just lying around, secondly because I was going along with the explanation, and thirdly because I was eating my tea at the time lol.

You will need a few bits and bobs, most of which I'm sure you'll already have, one of which you may not... I used an alternative mentioned... don't ask lol.

I have made up a couple of gimmicks since and it's possible to get one made in about 5-7 minutes.

Angles while performing... well you have about 170 degree safety cone, so as long as it's like that infront you'll be fine. just not directly at the sides or from behind.
Overall I'd say the angles are decent for this style of effect.

The gimmick is something I'd def class as a gimmick... and it's reusable also, well to an extent.

The card cannot be handed directly out, and the way to clean-up is kinda basic and not good in all situations... but it does the job... but I'll be changing that part for sure.
Also the card isn't able to be fully looked at before switching.

There is a limit to what cards you can have the wrong one change into.

The change is optional.

The tearing process is a bit... off... not like your simply ripping, but very carefully and delicately ripping lol, I think this could be reduced for sure.

The restorations are so clean and visal, def have not come across a restoration phase like the ones on here, and the change is killer.

The routine included is ok, bt I won't be performing it that way... not my style, but the good thing is this is very personalisable.

Chris Kenner done an amazing job with the teaching on this, definitely was fun to watch and he covered everything very well.
I really liked his style... excellent.

Though not taught, ive already come up with ways of having this signed... so it is possible.
This is very versatile... there is more that can be done than the basic routine... you could have multiple colored backs... mismatched pieces... multi cards etc etc.

The method is pretty clever, though I gotta say that when I first learned of the workings I was a bit disappointed as I had been working on something similar and so the method didn't surprise me, but it did improve upon what I had been doing in a couple of ways, and so my disappointment didn't last long.

The price is not much and this is so visual etc that I'm sure many will like it... I do.

Well there's a bit of info.
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
Two words: Holy Grail

Gimmick: Yes, 5 - 10 minutes max.

Signature: Yes, front and back anywhere on card.

Ripp: As uneven as you like.

Restoration: Piece by piece.

Angles: 360

Examinable: Yes, can be kept as a souvenir.

Release: I told Jordan not to release this yet.
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
BrandonWilliams
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of BrandonWilliams
My first impression...TnR is great. Christopher, I agree, the method is almost cooler than the effect; and the effect is great. I too need to make one before giving a full review, but as far as the DVD, Effect, and Method are concerned, I'm more then pleased.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bich - TNR (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL