The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bich - TNR (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
Yea, there is nothing "HD" about it, it is a standard DVD in standard DVD resolution. I absolutely hate it when people use terms like HD incorrectly because it becomes very misleading (as we just saw). they may have very well shot it with HD cameras but unless it is being mastered in HD and released on HD discs (Blu Ray or HD DVD) and viewed in an HD player on an HD monitor with the proper HD connections then it simply is NOT HD. So this DVD will look nice and sharp like any other DVD but is SD (Standard Def.) all the way.
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
What are we looking at? A clean T&R card effect, right?
Is Bichs TnR that? I don't think so. Why?

Can the card be signed? NO
Can the card be handed out? NO
Can the creases be removed? NO
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
Actually, The creases can be moved. That's probably the next best thing to do. The card can be examined, also.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
I watch bich dvd. nice effect but I'm not sure if this is a real performer or worker. maybe fun for the magic buddies. I think ill check out what silvio is talking about
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Holy Grail looks excellent... but I'm starting to think that the method is something ive already been using, but stopped for varios reasons... if it is the same it's true it can be handed out after, well possible.

TnR is not something I'll be using as though it's pretty visual, I just don't feel it's that good to be honest.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I never liked the pieces going in the mouth. Depends on the venue I guess.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-12-21 02:43, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
I never liked the pieces going in the mouth. Depends on the venue I guess.

I agree. That always bothered me as well.
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
I hand out the pieces to different spectators. Adds a little something to the effect(The Holy grail). Hey, were are the reviews for TnR? I thought some members here said they would post them once the gimmick was made, and that was close to a month ago?
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2007-11-28 00:20, Silvio Solaris wrote:

I'm sorry, but the REAL answerers re:

Can the card be signed? YES
Can the card be handed out? YES
Can the creases be removed? YES
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-12-24 23:00, gdw wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-11-28 00:20, Silvio Solaris wrote:

I'm sorry, but the REAL answerers re:

Can the card be signed? YES
Can the card be handed out? YES
Can the creases be removed? YES

For sure can't be signed...and for the other you have to make a change first.
A clean T&R does that all without changing the Card like Holy Grail does.
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Wow. What a difference in information. Can the card be signed, handed out, and can the creases be removed? GDW says "Yes" to everything, while Silvio says "No" to everything. Are we dealing with semantics here?

Regards, Steve
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Well, yes and no....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Joseph,

You say that with such conviction Smile

Regards, Steve
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Smile ...I am as confused as you, Steve...I probably will pick this one up and find out for myself....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I am surprised enough has not been said in other forums. The restored card cannot be handed to a spectator. Signing, handing out, de-creasing, requires a switch. This is similar to other gaff techniques and different from "Torn" type handling where the signed card is switched out during the tear and back in during the restoration and so of course can be directly handed out.
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
If you do a die box or a Zig Zag, or any other prop magic, do you hand it out for examination? No.
I don't know about these torn and restored, but if they look good visually, why bother handing them out?
I use gimmicked props all the time, and no one ever yells to examine them. If they do, by the time they do, it's either put away, or I had time to switch it.
So I want to do the most visually stunning torn and restored.
Which is it?

ACE
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
593 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
It just depends on what you are looking for but a big plus for Holy Grail is that it can be done completely surrounded so there are no worries about angles when performing this...
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
To be more specific with my answers.

In TnR, the clean up is taught which allows for the final card to be handed out.

I believe Silvio was referring only to the card while still gimmicked.

You can have the initial card that is torn and restored signed.

I believe Silvio was referring to the final card that it is transformed into being un-able to be signed.

There are many ways in which you can remove the creases of a folded card, it is not a necessity that you leave it folded. Many people will just use a colour change to remove the creases if they so desire. This aspect is not taught with TnR, but is something that is clearly possible as a finish for any torn and restored card that ends with a folded card.

I hope this clears things up, at least to the best of my knowledge.

Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
I'll try and answer some of the questions etc as there seems to be a difference of opinion on what actually can and cannot be done.

Firstly when it comes to signing... well yes and no.
Yes it is possible to sign the original selection, but it would look odd as when you turn around to show the different card has changed to the selection... there will be no sig.
So it can be signed but will not look right, though I guess you could go ahead and restore the sig after, so first just the card is restored etc... then you restore it back completely by causing the sig to come back... or something like that.

When it comes to handing out etc, well first you need to switch, and for this the card must come back to the deck.
So it can't be instantly handed out as the clean-up is not routined into the tearing and restoring process... it's done after.
Also once restored, you can't even fully show the card till the switch has taken place...cover is required.
The creases do get removed though.
The card is handed ot at the end and the spec can keep it etc.

I don't think TnR is really that good though, sure it's visual, but the gimmick is nothing special, the switch taught is rubbish for this sort of effect, and, in my opinion, TnR is just simply not that good.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2007-12-28 12:25, Y2John wrote:
I'll try and answer some of the questions etc as there seems to be a difference of opinion on what actually can and cannot be done.

Firstly when it comes to signing... well yes and no.
Yes it is possible to sign the original selection, but it would look odd as when you turn around to show the different card has changed to the selection... there will be no sig.
So it can be signed but will not look right, though I guess you could go ahead and restore the sig after, so first just the card is restored etc... then you restore it back completely by causing the sig to come back... or something like that.

When it comes to handing out etc, well first you need to switch, and for this the card must come back to the deck.
So it can't be instantly handed out as the clean-up is not routined into the tearing and restoring process... it's done after.
Also once restored, you can't even fully show the card till the switch has taken place...cover is required.
The creases do get removed though.
The card is handed ot at the end and the spec can keep it etc.

I don't think TnR is really that good though, sure it's visual, but the gimmick is nothing special, the switch taught is rubbish for this sort of effect, and, in my opinion, TnR is just simply not that good.

I believe everything you said is true. I just would like to add that you can have the card that is torn signed if you wish.
However, I do not believe that, in any way, should this effect need a card to be signed.

The best way to present it, imho, is probably in a similar manner to a TnR transpo type effect. With out the transpo, that is. A card is chosen, you attempt to find it and fail, so you tear up the card you found. offering to make up for the mistake, you perform magic with the torn card, ie: restoring it.
As an added magical touch, you also correct your initial mistake by turning the restored card into the true selection.

Also, I would like to add that, yes there is "cover", but it is probably the most minuscule cover there could be, and is also completely natural. The only way to cover less would be to hold the cards by the very corners and spin it.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bich - TNR (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL