The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Wormhole (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Vincenzo
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
202 Posts

Profile of Vincenzo
Vincenzo Ravina's Wormhole
Effect: A hole is punched into a card and is clearly shown. It's real. The magician grabs the hole and pulls it down to the bottom of the card. There is no other hole on the card. The hole is once again grabbed and pulled right off the card and thrown onto another!
Can be done with any card

Gimmick any card with a normal hole punch
Card can be examined
No difficult set up
Gimmick a card in less than 15 seconds
Easy to do!

What Magicians Are Saying:
"I love it. It's very clever and I'm definitely going to be using it in a routine. The bonus effects also are all awesome! This should be a killer." -Ian AKA eebie376

"I think that's a neat concept. I really liked the idea of moving the hole. This trick is really a killer, just think about the reactions. Great job." -Tor Egil

"The routine is pretty *** cool. I am not as 'in touch' with magic effects these days and do not have a good grasp of all that has been released so I cannot tell you if it is new but I can tell you I LIKE it!"
-Chance AKA WolfsMagic

"This is brilliant. It looks like Hollow but impromptu." -Paul Fenton

You can buy it at http://www.Shocking.8m.com
eebie376
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of eebie376
I love this effect! I just performed it for family who have to watch my stuff all the time and it still got great reactions!!
Get it!!1
Ian
Tor Egil
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
495 Posts

Profile of Tor Egil
This is a trick that I highly recemend. This is a trick Im deffenetly going use. Just think about it. You don't have to carie around gimmick cards for this one. You can do it any time any where. With this trick there are hundrets of routines you can do. You even can make the hole appear on a chosen card. You just have to be alittle creative.
I tried this trick out on a friend of myn to day. The reaction: "%#@*&%##%"

This is a master pice.
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
I want to say, I tried this out on my girlfriend and she loved it as much as I did. This is a very clean method with an easy handling. Great job Vincenzo!
Chance Smile
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
Vincenzo
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
202 Posts

Profile of Vincenzo
I'm glad you guys like it that much. It's very easy to master. Just look at Ian. He says he got great reactions from his family, even though he just got Wormhole today.
I think you guys will like it.
It can be purchased on my website: http://www.shocking.8m.com
-Vincenzo
Ps: if anyone has any questions I'd be glad to answer them. Some of the above people might also be willing to answer a few. Smile

I've gotten some complaints about pop-ups on my site so here is a direct link to the Wormhole page.
http://www.geocities.com/xtrememagic3000/hole.html
Alphaproject2
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Alphaproject2
I thought of something sort of like this a while ago, but your version is MUCH better than my idea.

Looks sweeeeeet!

Alex
The Alpha Project 2
http://www.ap2.magicities.com/ (Coming Soon)
Chris A.
View Profile
Inner circle
AKA Chris A.
1123 Posts

Profile of Chris A.
Vincenzo,
I've looked at it and it seems to be the same exact method as Mike Closes "Pothole trick".

You should credit close as it seems this effect is essentially a variation.
AKA Chris A.
Keepin' the Funk Alive
Vincenzo
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
202 Posts

Profile of Vincenzo
I don't have the pothole trick so I don't know, but I think the ideas in the manuscript are fairly original.
Damion Corbett
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of Damion Corbett
Vincenzo,
I have a question.

When you move the hole, do you have the card resting on top of the deck, or is it held in the hand away from the deck?

Cheers
da5id
View Profile
Loyal user
Dublin, Ireland
252 Posts

Profile of da5id
Does anyone have a video of this effect in action?
dillib
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of dillib
A video demo of this effect would be better in deciding whether to buy this effect...
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2279 Posts

Profile of Logan
yes please, I was so close to clicking 'Buy now', but I still have several reservations, a demo would help incredibly! Thanx!

Logan
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
Ron Crumley
View Profile
Elite user
1950 - 2012
448 Posts

Profile of Ron Crumley
I agree.
A demo would help in the purchase decision. It could also help answer the question of it duplicating the methods in Mike Close's "Pothole".

Thanks
Chris A.
View Profile
Inner circle
AKA Chris A.
1123 Posts

Profile of Chris A.
Quote:
On 2003-02-24 07:02, Vincenzo wrote:
I don't have the pothole trick so I don't know, but I think the ideas in the manuscript are fairly original.
Vicenzo,

Trust me.

You've reinvented the "pothole" effect nearly verbatim.

You might want to credit Mike Close or think twice before marketing something that is a near carbon copy of someone elses prior marketed creation.

If you charge people $20 for an extremely slight variation of a well known effect, they might not like it too much.

Quote:
On 2003-02-24 09:26, Indy Ron wrote:
I agree.
A demo would help in the purchase decision. It could also help answer the question of it duplicating the methods in Mike Close's "Pothole".

Thanks
I own "pothole" and Vicenzo sent me a copy of his "wormhole" document for review.

Basically, "Wormhole", is the "pothole" effect done with cards and without the cute story.

The method is identical.

Please note that the Description Vicenzo posted is only partially correct.

The main card used cannot be examined. Same restrictions as the pothole trick in this regard.
AKA Chris A.
Keepin' the Funk Alive
Morganite
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Morganite
Basically, "Wormhole", is the "pothole" effect done with cards and without the cute story.

Well, if this is a copy, why it has a higher price that the original :-/.

On pothole for $15 you get all material, and on wormhole you get a manuscript for $20
Vincenzo
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
202 Posts

Profile of Vincenzo
Flip, are the methods absolutley identical? Right down to how to punch the holes with a normal hole punch?
-Vincenzo

Does anyone have Mike Close's email?

Quote:
On 2003-02-24 11:25, Flip wrote:
The main card used cannot be examined. Same restrictions as the pothole trick in this regard.

Actually the main card CAN be examined before the trick, and only sometimes after.
Chris A.
View Profile
Inner circle
AKA Chris A.
1123 Posts

Profile of Chris A.
Yes, the methods are identical. It's in one of his workers books and also on tape.

He suggests a few different ways to prepare the card including the exact method you use.

I tried really hard, but I couldn't find anything original in your writeup that hasn't already been marketed by Mike Close for several years now.

Quote:
On 2003-02-24 15:15, Vincenzo wrote:
Quote:
On 2003-02-24 11:25, Flip wrote:

Actually the main card CAN be examined before the trick, and only sometimes after.
No it can't. I'm reading the document now and the only card that can be truly examined is the card you give out at the end that move the "hole" on to.

Before the trick, the card can only be examine before you put the "work" in with the hole punch. Once the hole is punched, that particular card cannot be examined without a switch.

The main card with the moving hole cannot be examined directly after without a switch.

You cannot hand that card directly to the spectator without tipping the method.

Same caveat applies to Closes' "pothole trick"

Your "wormhole" uses the exact same method as the pothole trick.

It's not close. It is exact. The only difference is that you use a card and he uses a business card.

In fact, if you search the archives of this board, you'll find that some have already said months ago that they sometimes use a regular playing card with Close's "pothole" methodology.

Quote:
I don't have business cards that I carry around, so I started trying it with playing cards. I found that it works great, you just have to watch the glare. I have a card chosen and signed. Then, I take another card and punch the hole in it, and move the hole around this card. Later, I move the hole to the spectator's signed card and let them keep it.
Sound familiar?

It actually works much better on a business card because you don't have to worry about lighting as much.

You can reach mike close at

feedback@michaelclose.com

But before you do, I suggest you might want to take a look on this page.

http://www.michaelclose.com/tricks/index.html

This is where he sells the trick and there is even a video demo of it for you to peruse.

The demo doesn't show the whole routine which ends with you pulling the hole onto another card which you give out as a souvenir. You should get the idea tho'.

Keep in mind that this routine has been available for years at this point and is quite well known to many magicians.

For $15, you get a complete routine and also the props.

Or you could go here:
http://www.michaelclose.com/books/index.html

And buy his book "Workers" with that routine and other really good ones (like Dr. Strangetrick) for only $20.
AKA Chris A.
Keepin' the Funk Alive
Vincenzo
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
202 Posts

Profile of Vincenzo
Well, I emailed Mike Close a copy of Wormhole, so we'll see what he says.
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
Any update, Vincenzo? Did Mike respond? I noticed "Wormhole" is still for sale on your website. Smile
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Michael Webber put out a moving hole effect, is this anything like his with the hole punch.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Wormhole (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL