The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Calling all Fakini owners! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Justin Flom
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Justin Flom
I have a billiard routine and I use House of Fakini Billiard Balls. They're great, but sometimes my hands get dry and have a hard time manipulating them. Any suggestions?

One more thing. What is the best way to keep them clean? I've found if you drop them on carpet, they become a lint picker-upper. Any ways to stop them from collecting lint?
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
Hesperia, California USA
1904 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
I wash mine with a soft liquid detergent and water, then pat dry. That works perfectly.

As for dry hands I use a hand lotion on my hands every day. I live in the desert so dryness is always a problem. The hand lotion has solved that problem. You might try a bit of hand lotion an hour or two before you perform so you don't get the gooey stuff all over the Fakini balls.

Hope this helps.
Steven
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3392 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Okay, one more time!

Basic Manipulator's Hand Lotion

Get thee to the Drugstore/Pharmacy/Apothecary/Chemist and ask the nice person for Rose Water, Glycerine and Rubbing Alcohol.

Take these ingredients back to your secret laboratory and mix equal parts of each (1:1:1 ratio).

Apply this to your hands 10 minutes before you are going to practice or perform (Cards, Coins, Balls). This will allow the mixture to be absorbed into your skin.

All the grip without the goo! And the wait time is a lot shorter than with regular commercial hand lotions.

Smile

Cheers!

P.S. Like Steven Steele said, you have to wash the balls once in a while.

As far as them picking up lint off the floor, "DON'T DROP THEM!"

Sorry, I could'nt help myself!
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
boltt223
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona, USA
175 Posts

Profile of boltt223
Justin,
The only thing that I do is clean them with cold water before each practice and show. I regularly bounce them on the ground as part of my routine and they do get dirty. Smile
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
I wish I had a problem with dry hands. My hands are like the inexhaustible sponge trick. Stanyon, does your mixture work for incredibly wet hands?

FC
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3392 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
FC,

Uh, no! I can't even recommend mixing the ingredients in reverse! Smile

Maybe if you were to look into something on the order of a Bowler's/Pitcher's rosin bag?

Cheers!
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Zauber280
View Profile
New user
Long Island, NY
67 Posts

Profile of Zauber280
I echo the comment about washing them in cold water. I use St. Ive's Collagen-Elastin lotion for very dry skin. It is a wonderful product, has no smell once it is absorbed and when applied 20-30 min. before practicing manipulation it is perfect. I can't recommend it enough. I also get lots of compliments on how soft my hands are. No joke Smile
--
Joel

"In this age, which believes that there is a short cut to everything, the greatest lesson to be learned is that the most difficult way is, in the long run, the easiest."

-Henry Miller
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5718 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I use "Corn Huskers Lotion". It works great! It'll give your hands a rubbery feel.
Use several applications of the lotion, for best results, allowing it to dry between applications.
Justin Flom
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Justin Flom
Great! Now I need to know what to do when the rubber sticks to the shell, gets stuck, and refuses to multiply. Especially disappointing when your act is timed to the music and the ball appears a couple of beats too late. Know what I mean?
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
Unnest (is that a word? maybe in magic) the ball and the shell a little before you do the multiplying move. That only takes a second and when you are ready to actually do the move, you will do it with no problems. Perhaps you could also put a piece of thin tape in the shell. This would prevent the suction created when the ball is in the shell.

FC
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5718 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2003-02-24 18:21, Justin Flom wrote:
Great! Now I need to know what to do when the rubber sticks to the shell, gets stuck, and refuses to multiply. Especially disappointing when your act is timed to the music and the ball appears a couple of beats too late. Know what I mean?

I never put the ball into the shell, tightly. Also, I use the old style, uncoated shells -- works great! Experiment like crazy, to find a way to unnest a tight shell. I can do it without thinking, even though it's been years since I've used them in my act. But, when I was learning how to use them, I had a hardtime unnesting them, until I got the knack.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5307 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I have glued a small dot or circle of felt in my Fakini shell. Now it never sticks.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
boltt223
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona, USA
175 Posts

Profile of boltt223
I have found that the ball only sticks when it is dirty. So, make sure to clean them before each use. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Calling all Fakini owners! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL