The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Dean Dill's explosion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
coinlover
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of coinlover
I saw it live,its amazing!!!!!
Koji Takada
View Profile
Regular user
Tokyo, Japan
146 Posts

Profile of Koji Takada
Hi

When I watched "explosion" in his video of Coin Magic 2000. very amazing. But I can not buy this trick, because of very expensive!!

Koji
Dean Dill
View Profile
1947 - 2015
248 Posts

Profile of Dean Dill
I am glad that people think enough of
Explosion to talk about it. I appreciate the positive comments and I am glad that people look at it from both sides. It is not for everyone. Thank goodness. Dean Dill
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
Which of Dean Dill's Close Up mats will fit the final 16 coin display? I'm thinking of getting the Ultimate Close Up pad. Will that be good enough? And is Mr. Dill ever planning to make the instructions for the effect on DVD? It will be a long time till I'll able to save up, but just wondering.
what
View Profile
Special user
Lehi, UT, USA
643 Posts

Profile of what
Dean Dill also teaches an 9 coin version of explosion which utilizes fewer gaffed coins (and the gaffed coins are ones that you probably already have). It is an amazing routine.

Mike
Magic is fun!!!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
If in L.A. area, this Sunday Dill will be demming at the Dealer Day evenet at the Magic Castle. As will Joe Stevens, Mark Burger and George Robinson.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Hi folks,

Still amazed that folks are NOT applying Dean's method for explosion to other tricks like the Cylinder and Coins, Coins Across, Coins Through Table etc.

How about the classical "Free and Unlimited Coinage" trick done using modern technology?

As a silly person, I keep thinking about a five coin repeat where a magician sets up to do a great four coin trick but keeps on winding up with five coins.

It's temping to fork over a paycheck for the item.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
Jon,

I'm still amazed that everytime a "new" (well, new last year) thing hits the market it's capable of inspiring such blind consumer loyalty... as long as the right name is attached to it. I don't think one pay check is enough... it should cost more.

RE: "Which of Dean Dill's Close Up mats will fit the final 16 coin display? I'm thinking of getting the Ultimate Close Up pad."

I also wonder which Dill mat I need for this. I mean, 16 coins is quite a few, and only a genuine Dill mat would be suitable... right? Also, which Dill shoes and socks should I be wearing when performing it? So many questions... hopefully there's a DVD on the market to tell me exactly what to do... ugh Smile

Sorry for the sarcastic rant. Next time I'll pause for a moment and ask myself... "What would Dean do?".

Mike
<><>< SunDragon Magic ><><>

"Question Reality... Create Illusion"
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Mike it's okay. Not going to get sarcastic about brand / name stuff here.
IMHO the item has much more extensive use than the production sequence at the end of a chink-a-chink routine.

Imagine a Sorcerer's Apprentice type presentation for a coin assembly using "real" magic cards or a "borrowed wand". And then coins keep appearing! That could be funny!

As to using a special closeup pad... I've stated my position on that matter over twenty years ago and have not changed my opinion. Simply not my style to isolate the magic from the audience in that way.
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
Is there a cheaper solution for this effect??
~joeKing
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Effect, yes. That particularly empty handed clean looking version... not really. Even dove steals would not give you exactly that look.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
I tell you guys something if you are a working performer, this effect is like gold, I performed it for a group of people last weekend and it absolutely killed them!

One of the best investments I have made in a lonnnnggg time.

Thanks Dean for putting out such a great effect.
Oh, by the way, price it for $2,000.00. It is way worth it!!!
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
I am a working performer... that's why I can't afford it Smile Actually, I've spent a lot of time and money in pursuit of those items that I think or thought at the time I needed. I sometimes wonder if my bar act and books bring in enough to cover the expenses... but that's a question for a different forum. I can definitely understand the excitement of finding an item that fills a gap or answers a question that's been bothering you. So if this product gives you that special feeling... I say go for it!

Mike

Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
If you are a working performer, then why would the price bother you?
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
Hey, money's no object... the more expensive the better I always say!

Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
It sounds nice, and I wouldn't mind getting one at some point. The purse palm as I am aware can be learned on Cultural Exchange 1 by Shoot Ogawa.
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
The purse palm taught on the CX DVD's (if you are referring to the "Apollo Palm")is completely different than the front finger hold used for assembly work. They aren't interchangeable.
Click to visit:
Adam Keisner
View Profile
Veteran user
London
335 Posts

Profile of Adam Keisner
Jon Townsend wrote:
As to using a special closeup pad... I've stated my position on that matter over twenty years ago and have not changed my opinion. Simply not my style to isolate the magic from the audience in that way.

Jon, are you saying you don't use or advocate a close-up mat?
Also regaridng 'Explosion' for those who have and perform the effect, do you not find that due to the startling appearance of an extra 12 coins, people want to check the coins out?

Adam
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

All I'm suggesting is that you CAN work without apparent "special" magician stuff.

I had the feeling there would be a "can I see those" moment at the end of the routine and I don't like producign things only to put them away after all that magical energy was expended. Such is why I not buy the thing. It would be so cool to do it with chocolate coins and give them out at the end.
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
I tend to agree Jon. That's why I tried to bridge the gap between special magician stuff and every day stuff by using a smily face mouse pad as my close up pad. It seems to blend in almost anywhere in this digital age... and a big yellow smily face is also good for a disarming chuckle or two from the spect's.

Mike

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Dean Dill's explosion (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL