The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The 8th Maneuver (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
What is exactly is The 8th Maneuver? I've been hearing lots of stuff about it. I heard Luke Jermay. Can some one explain it.

Lee
Yaniv Deautsch
View Profile
Special user
Israel
529 Posts

Profile of Yaniv Deautsch
First of all,it is called The 8th Manoeuvre.
Secondly,for those who have the manuscript:
I recently came up with a notion that i think will overcome one the problems inherent in the principle around which the effect is based.
I will happily share it with those of you who have the effect.
Contact me via PM.

Yaniv Deautsch
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
Actually, if you have the very limited discontinued US edition, it is in fact called The 8th Maneuver; when Andi and I published it, we corrected the spelling, as well as Americanizing it. Luke obviously kept it with the British spelling, and also kept the misspelling. :o1
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
Yaniv Deautsch
View Profile
Special user
Israel
529 Posts

Profile of Yaniv Deautsch
A note to those who have asked me to share my new idea.
Please be patient. I will PM to you in a few days. Hope it will worth the wait...

Yaniv Deautsch
debaser
View Profile
Special user
Boulder
557 Posts

Profile of debaser
Quote:
On 2003-02-26 22:37, Andy Leviss wrote:
Actually, if you have the very limited discontinued US edition, it is in fact called The 8th Maneuver; when Andi and I published it, we corrected the spelling, as well as Americanizing it. Luke obviously kept it with the British spelling, and also kept the misspelling. :o1

That was funny

So can anyone answer the question to some degree. i.e. is it a move,peek, math concept, marking system etc..

thanks

matt
the_great_stupido
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of the_great_stupido
It's a...um...well...it's a technique, I guess. It doesn't really fit any of the above definitions - but it is GOOD! I haven't got around to using it yet (I only got it a few days ago) but I know that when it is successfully pulled off audiences will be ASTOUNDED. It will look like 'real' mentalism - a spec manages to correctly name a card three times in a row, without having seen it (of course). No funny decks - no writing things down - no fishing. Only one card is on the table at a time. I can't wait to get the opportunity to use this! Smile
Ramsay
View Profile
Special user
England
638 Posts

Profile of Ramsay
Like alot of my materail it is either a love or hate thing.

I only use for parlour/stage performances.

In stage settings i somtimes change the effect slightly and have the spectators name the drawing, number and and famous actress I am "mentally sendng" to them.

Luke Jermay.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The 8th Maneuver (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL