We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Kueppers Half Dollar Shell (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
Does anyone have one of these? I have a Bite-out coin from him, and it's not very good. How are his shells? I am talking about the ones you buy at magic shops.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
I saw one of his dollar coin shells and I was not impressed. His coin boxes and other props are very nice, but his customer service is the worst I've ever seen.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Alright. I getting a Johnson shell then. The Johnson quarter shell (heads) is perfect. I really wanted the tails side for the half shell, but from what I hear, it will be flatter. Does anyone have a heads or tails Johnson half shell?
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
I have some, they make good gaffs
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1276 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
I have a tails side shell, and it's OK. Frankly, the clad halves handle and look drab to me, and I never use them.

If you're adamant on getting one, I'd recommend a Hopping Halves set.

But really, save up and go directly to silver coins.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Well, I would rather get a half shell, because I can use it with my gimmicks. I just went out and got 24 anyway, so I'm planning on using half dollars as my everyday coin.
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1151 Posts

Profile of Corbett
I have a half dollar shell from Roy Kueppers, and it has been just fine for me. It's an expanded shell, but also came with 4 regulars that fit perfectly. I have other items from Roy as well and have never been disappointed.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Well, I was talking about the ones they sell at magic shops.
John T Cox
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of John T Cox
If you go to his website you will see that there are two product lines, one for professionals and one for magic shops. I do not have any of his coins. I do have the SLAM gimmick which I believe that he makes. It is ok. Does anyone have a shell from both of his product lines to tell us the difference?
The real magic is family!
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1151 Posts

Profile of Corbett
The only difference in product lines, is Silver coins or not. "Magic Shop" line is clad coins, and "Professional" line is Silver. Only difference. Silver coins are harder to supply, and get gaffed in smaller quantities, but the same quality goes into making each line.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4928 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I have very good experience with Roy Kueppers service and his coin shells.
Shipping was very speedy from Canada to Europe Smile

Fine SHELLS:
http://www.roykueppers.com/shells.html
Wilber
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Wilber
I have a Roy Kuepper Shell (half dollar) and it is perfect. Ive dropped it numerous times on pavement and it survived.
SplitSpades11
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of SplitSpades11
Quote:
On 2007-11-20 13:37, THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) wrote:
Does anyone have one of these? I have a Bite-out coin from him, and it's not very good. How are his shells? I am talking about the ones you buy at magic shops.

are you kidding me.This mans work is absolutely incredible! His expanded shells are, of course no exception!they are so sturdy and practically un-breakable as well as being super deep and beautifully cut!
"I care about eating, magic, and holding my children. " — Jay Sankey
magicparis
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of magicparis
I have an order that is soon to arrive. I will comment once I receive them. I can tell you that Roy is pleasant on the phone. He quickly returns phone calls. That's a lot better than sending Emails to other gaff makers which go unanswered. Who sells coins at a certain price and then puts them on Ebay for the sky the limits. I only hope the coins I receive are of the quality that is described by Splitspades and the others.
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
of the JV Naughty Vanish....
886 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
I have odered several gaffed coins from him and they have all been EXACTLY how I asked for them. Roy is my first choice when I have custom coins made. He answered all my emails fast and the coins were in my hands in about a week and a half.
I don't care how fast or slow you are.... As long as I am faster.. -J-
SplitSpades11
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of SplitSpades11
Quote:
On 2008-11-02 08:05, magicparis wrote:
I have an order that is soon to arrive. I will comment once I receive them. I can tell you that Roy is pleasant on the phone. He quickly returns phone calls. That's a lot better than sending Emails to other gaff makers which go unanswered. Who sells coins at a certain price and then puts them on Ebay for the sky the limits. I only hope the coins I receive are of the quality that is described by Splitspades and the others.

you will not be disappointed my friend! Best of luck with them!
"I care about eating, magic, and holding my children. " — Jay Sankey
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
558 Posts

Profile of Motor City
I have purchased several 1/2 shells from Kuepper. I have found them all to be very nice.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2008-11-04 22:33, Motor City wrote:
I have purchased several 1/2 shells from Kuepper. I have found them all to be very nice.

John, bring some to the Motor City Close Up Convention this month. http://www.johnlukamagic.com/ I might buy some from you.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2008-11-02 17:36, SplitSpades11 wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-11-02 08:05, magicparis wrote:

you will not be disappointed my friend! Best of luck with them!

Jay Sankey - "Over the years I've worked with a number of manufacturers, but I can say without reservations that Roy is one of the very best. Always professional, always knowledgeable, there is nothing he can't make. Roy manufactures some of the most beautiful props on the planet!"
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
wackyvorlon
View Profile
New user
Sarnia, ON, Canada
72 Posts

Profile of wackyvorlon
Hum! The scotch and soda I just bought is made by Roy Kueppers. I confess, I was stunned by the quality. I think it is fantastic. When the trick is done, it's nearly impossible to tell there's anything off. You have to look very carefully, or have a really good eye for detail. The first time I took the coin out of the package I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary.

I also have his coin bite with a canadian quarter, and find it very deceptive. I'm very new to magic, so maybe my judgment isn't very good. It's seem very nice to me. I can say, as a hobby machinist, the work he does is very much beyond my abilities. I suspect it is beyond the abilities of many machinists I know.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Kueppers Half Dollar Shell (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL