The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Yigal's Exploding Lightbulb (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
593 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/exploding-......360.html

Does anyone have any more info on the effect then what is given? Like is it an electronic gimmick? Can any lightbulb be used? Can it be done surrounded? Is it instantly reset?

Thanks,
Jordan Johnson
kardini
View Profile
Regular user
Brazil
141 Posts

Profile of kardini
The "Exploding Light Bulb" by Elian Agaian and Yigal Mesika is a great effect of mentalism (mind and matter). It is not a eletronic gimmick. No batteries (actually, no electronics of any kind), no magnets, no elaborated device that fits up your sleeve. It is genius in its simplicity. Any lightbulb can be used. The angles are virtually none. What I like about the gimmick is how it simply gets the job done. BUY IT!!

Sorry my bad english (I am a brazilian magician, idiom portuguese...)

Cheers from Brazil,

KARDINI
website 2017 - http://www.kardini.com.br
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
It is great. There have been some issues reported around the trigger mechanism being unreliable (do a search on the Café). Also, there is concern around your audience members' safety (as well as clean up). there are ways of getting around that (e.g. putting the bulb in a sealed ziplock baggie--to "isolate it from outside forces"). I was initially unconcerned by the safety aspect, but now, everytime I go to use it, I am aware of this issues (plus I don't want to leave glass at the venue/neighbor's/my house, etc.)
The Shock Doc
<BR>www.TheShockDocShow.com
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>http://ballycast.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/ballycast-024-2009-03-21.mp3
<BR>
<BR>"....Jeremy Weiss has the greatest card trick of ALL TIME!"--Jamie D. Grant.
<BR>Start listening to iTricks 11/12/09
The Great Zambini
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of The Great Zambini
Can I assume that the spectator can not examine the plastic bag and place the light bulb in it themself?

Also, any experience with the one from Magicsmith which appears to cost abut $30 more.

Tnx, in advance.
...Simply Amazing!
THE GREAT ZAMBINI
M.Allen
View Profile
New user
Portland, Oregon
60 Posts

Profile of M.Allen
Do youself a favor and check out the new MagicSmith item he calls Lightning.
I've held the gimmick in my hands!

Seriously Sincere,

Mark Allen

If you need this . . . http://www.magicsmith.com
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
Seems the price has dropped down a tad since I saw it last.
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Quote:
On 2008-05-15 13:37, The Great Zambini wrote:
Can I assume that the spectator can not examine the plastic bag and place the light bulb in it themself?

No, you can't assume that.
ipe
View Profile
Special user
513 Posts

Profile of ipe
Can it break other things, like drinking glass?
What would a real mindreader do?
kardini
View Profile
Regular user
Brazil
141 Posts

Profile of kardini
MY PRESENTATION IN BRAZILIAN TV (26/08/2008):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjAH7w4Bu8o

KARDINI
Brazil
website 2017 - http://www.kardini.com.br
Jsmith45
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Jsmith45
Nice job. I love the facial expression and concentration presentation.
The sunglasses are a sure good idea. Smile
Keep up the good work!
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Does anyone know if Oakley sun glasses will withstand a shard of glass hitting the lens at a high velocity? (I do not want to lose an eye)

Thanks,
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Get Big Bang instead. The gimmick is hidden in plain sight and it uses a heavy duty plastic bag thus no risk of the pieces going anywhere. Not to mention it's easier to use than Yigal's and even if you aren't careful, it's hard to hurt yourself with the gimmick (Yigal's if you don't pay attention can give you a good whack).
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Thanks for the advice. I will look into getting Big Bang from Chris Smith.
Douglas Lippert
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
I will have the big bang on Monday I ordered it from Mjm with my discount the price was right
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Sweet, would be interested to hear how you like it.
Douglas Lippert
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
I love the big bang!!!! It is all contained and safe for everyone involved. I really don't know why someone would release an effect where glass explodes with no protection from broken pieces? Big bang is well made and simply put the best mechanism for this type of effect! The signed coin to bag as the bulb explodes is the icing on the cake! Well done Magic Smith 10/10
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Yup, told you so Smile
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Quote:
On 2009-05-08 18:14, Doug Lippert wrote:
Does anyone know if Oakley sun glasses will withstand a shard of glass hitting the lens at a high velocity? (I do not want to lose an eye)

Thanks,

Yes.

ANSI Z87.1
All Oakley Eyewear meets or exceeds ANSI Z87.1 standards for optical clarity and impact resistance. Oakley has not taken additional measurements for OSHA standards. Please check with your employer for which standards may be required for use at work. OSHA Standards (--) 29 CFR, Eye and Face Protection (--) 1910.133 Federal regulated standards in which employers must comply for the protection and safety of their employees. This standard obligates employers to enforce the uses of appropriate eye or face protection when exposed to hazardous materials, liquids, vapors, chemicals or other harmful substances. It provides specific requirements of such protection allowed in the workplace. OSHA references ANSI Z87.1 as the benchmark standard for occupational eye and face protection. Section (b) (1) Protective eye and face devices purchased after July 5, 1994 shall comply with ANSI Z87.1-1989, "American National Standard Practice for Occupational and Educational Eye and Face Protection," which is incorporated by reference as specified in Sec. 1910.6. http://www.osha.gov ANSI Z87.1 - Practice for Occupational and Educational Eye and Face Protection Standard Z87.1 (--) 1979 American National Standard Institute is a private, non-profit organization. It includes the specific standards for evaluating factors such as impact resistance, lens thickness, projectile penetration, and optical quality.
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
For me, the Exploding Light Bulb Gimick would not work on all light bulbs. only smaller thinner ones, and even then it wasnt reliable. Good choice going for the big bang, it's more reliable.
Twitter @darjames
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Bigger question is why would you NOT use a plastic bag for containing the shattering bulb. Even if it doesn't hit your eyes, you have to consider it getting all over your performance area, the safety of your audience, and your own safety (you might not go blind but it could land and stick to your hair, skin, clothing, etc.). Thus when Big Bang came out, I was EXTREMELY impressed with it as it took everything into consideration.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Yigal's Exploding Lightbulb (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL