The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Business Card-iographic - Brian Curry (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
SlushMan
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of SlushMan
I have the Business Card DVD and think its great.

I,m trying to print the cards using the PDF file from the disc. ( I do not have Photoshop )

On page 3 with the full 10 pictures there are light yellow lines between the pictures that are printing on the cards. How can I easily remove those lines between cards?

Also using the PDF how do I line up the page so it perfectly matches the standard 10 business card sheets?

Any help would be appreciated.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
So this does not require us to purchase new business cards? ..I'm confused, but I think Slushman's post helped...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Joseph,

You can make the gimick by hand (like I did) it just takes a bit longer, and requires you to draw on your cards, rather then print them with the gimmick on them.

Im using my same cards. But since they were glossy on the front, I'm doing the effect on the back of the cards.

Daniel
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Excellent....Thanks Daniel....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I don't remember if this was brought up but you can also go get a stamp made and use that.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2007-12-24 15:18, MagicSanta wrote:
I don't remember if this was brought up but you can also go get a stamp made and use that.

It's that type of thinking that elevates what we do. You are a very clever fellow!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Thankyou Magic Santa! I know what I'm thinking of investing in now!
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
No problem, that was the first thing I thought of. Just make the selection a black card rather than a red so you can use a single stamp. If you want red get two stamps, one for the box and card outline, the other for the inside of the card.
toomuchmagic
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of toomuchmagic
If you would like to use a red card stamp...

make it just an outline and color in the pips with a marker.
freddypunns
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of freddypunns
Slushman -

The yellow lines you are seeing are usually a result of something being wrong with the ink cartridge. Thankfully, there are a few easy ways to fix this. Your printer should have a diagnostics program that was installed with the drivers. Within this program there should be an option to clean the cartridges. Try this one first. If this does not work select the option for recalibrating the cartridge. Each of these will use up a bit of ink, but nothing too wasteful. If both of these do not work, you might want to try a new color ink cartridge. Good luck. Hope this helps.

- Freddy
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Hi Freddy,

Unfortunately the yellow lines are also seen on my screen! Not just on the PDF but on the needed JPG too.....

Can anyone who has this look at Page 3 of the PDF file and tell me if they see these yellow lines between the pictures?

They look like crop lines for the Business cards but they are not needed of course because the Business card sheets are pre perferated.

I looked at the files on another computer with the same result.

Thank You
giobbi1
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of giobbi1
Has anyone tried the stamp idea yet? I love it and I was just wondering how well it looks close up. I also thought you could get it in all black and then color over the black lines in red where needed.
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1296 Posts

Profile of DJG
Not to revive an old post, but the effect is so-so. However the reastions have never been less than amazing, and that is all that matters. I have recently moved to doing combining this effect with Kolossal Killer. Never doing either the same again!

What I love about this is there are so many applications that can be done!
giobbi1
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of giobbi1
As a follow up to my own post. I just had the rubber stamps made up. Because of the 2 colors, the stamp place made 2 stamps. One all black of the outline of the refill and one of just the 4 of hearts. I have to say, it looks great. Just like they were drawn on. Cost was about 20.00 for both stamps. I had a friend that was concerned about having to stamp each card twice. I stamped 25 cards in about 12 mins so it isn't very time consuming and they came out perfect. Just wanted folks to know in case you were thinking about this method. I will have fun with this.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2008-02-11 21:21, DJG wrote:
Not to revive an old post, but the effect is so-so. However the reastions have never been less than amazing, and that is all that matters. I have recently moved to doing combining this effect with Kolossal Killer. Never doing either the same again!

What I love about this is there are so many applications that can be done!

If the reactions have "never been less than amazing," you might want to reconsider your position that "the effect is so-so."
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
merlin5150 II
View Profile
Elite user
Aurora, IL
414 Posts

Profile of merlin5150 II
Giobbi1
Where did you go to get the stamps made? Just curious Jeff
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1296 Posts

Profile of DJG
LobowolfXXX,

No, I stand by my opinion. Do you think vanishing a silk is outstanding? Maybe, maybe not. But the reactions from one who has never seen that outweights the actual method itself. I'm not knocking the effect at all. I just gave my opinion. that's it. But who am I? Smile

Now my question for those that use it:

Do you prefer the "Out to Dinner" clip, or do you just use a band? I use the clip and don't have any issues, but am wondering if the band itself might slip either as the magic occurs ot just sitting in your pocket waiting to perform.

Sad, but this is the forst time I have ever used anything that utilizes this principle.
giobbi1
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of giobbi1
Quote:
On 2008-02-13 09:54, merlin5150 II wrote:
Giobbi1
Where did you go to get the stamps made? Just curious Jeff

It's a little "mom and pop" place in Hamilton, Ohio called GM Engraving. 513-868-1175. I asked her when I picked them up if she could make duplicates without the art work and she said she would have the templates and I could just call and order them and she could make more anytime. She actually makes these things by hand including drilling the holes to attach the handles. I don't know if there will be any problem with her attempting to protect "my" order, but if you call and she is hesitant to make them, let me know and I will call and let her know that it is OK with me. They turned out better than I expected.

PS, I called them and told them that they may be getting several orders for this.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I have been talking to a friend about this amazing packet trick, I would like to restart talking about it, I have my business card printed with a thermometer on the face, as I hold the stack of cards, I have a lady sign the face of the card as I point out the temp showing is about room temp. I ask her to rub her hands together above the cards, but nothing happens, I then ask her to try to rub her hands below the cards as heat rises, we all know that, as she rubs her hands the temp visibly rises, and I remove the card with the now very high temp and her signature, and she can keep it.
The gimmick is fairly easy to make, but it will take some time and it will last a while, there are no sleights, it is very, very easy to do. The DVD comes with several tips and ideas for other effects, one I like a lot is an empty wine glass that fills itself, there are endless possibilities, including the old force of a card then it rises, I personally stay away from that do to so many you tube video horror shows,
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Here is a link for the dvd
http://www.elmwoodmagic.com/full/dvd-bus......5447.htm

Here is a link for just a manuscript with templates
http://www.shop.snapillusions.com/BUSINE......C200.htm

and another ad with a short demo
http://www.magikraft.com/category/Videos-and-CDs-4

very nice job done here, so I take back what I said about the crappy kid I saw on you tube, check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TniEjpud1gY
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Business Card-iographic - Brian Curry (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL