The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Visual Coin Change (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
huruey
View Profile
Loyal user
York, UK
205 Posts

Profile of huruey
Hi guys,

I thought I'd share this little creation of mine here. It uses a very very simple gimmick, which I'm pretty sure almost everybody has anyway. Signed borrowed coins may be used if your really want. Works great as a visual transposition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_tfDmb0CJ4

Please let me know what you think. Has it been done? Any suggestions for improvement?

Cheers,
Huruey
Joe Williamson
Chair of the University of York Magic Society
Free Memorized Stack Trainer: http://huruey.webs.com
C.W.G.
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of C.W.G.
Cant say I approve of magicians posting videos on youtube as there are a lot of bad magicians out there who expose what they do either deliberatly or through bad technique but yours was as far as I could see... flawless. Well done.
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Hey...

Nicely done, that looked good.

I can't say ive seen this exact way done before, it looks great.

Now not knowing the method means I can't be sure if this is possible, but the only thing I feel could be touched up is the fingers holding the coin... they look a bit rigid, like a block... kinda lol.

I loved it though... well done.
huruey
View Profile
Loyal user
York, UK
205 Posts

Profile of huruey
I wanted to clear a few things up due to the kind of feedback I have been receiving generally from around the place.

Apologies if this sounds like I am trying to market the effect, I merely want to give people a better idea of what this is.

Coins can be borrowed and signed. Almost any two coins will work. No sleeves, pockets, or any other clothing are required. No strings, pulls or magnets are used. The gimmick is incredibly simple, it does not even need to be constructed in any way, that's how simple it is.

Thanks for the feedback!

Huruey
Joe Williamson
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27251 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Looks impressive. can it be used repeatedly in routine say in a wildcoin?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Verricobl
View Profile
Loyal user
BC
256 Posts

Profile of Verricobl
Quote:
On 2007-11-23 21:41, huruey wrote:
I wanted to clear a few things up due to the kind of feedback I have been receiving generally from around the place.

Apologies if this sounds like I am trying to market the effect, I merely want to give people a better idea of what this is.

Coins can be borrowed and signed. Almost any two coins will work. No sleeves, pockets, or any other clothing are required. No strings, pulls or magnets are used. The gimmick is incredibly simple, it does not even need to be constructed in any way, that's how simple it is.

Thanks for the feedback!

Huruey

The video looks impressive! By this recent post you made, you've canceled out the explanations that I thought of. Great job!
imagine the possibilities... endless...
huruey
View Profile
Loyal user
York, UK
205 Posts

Profile of huruey
Thanks for the comments!

Jonathan, in theory, it should be possible to repeat this many times.

I have a request to anybody here who thinks they could help. One of the reasons I brought this video to this forum was to look for help. I know that the Magic Café holds such a great wealth of talent and experience, and seen as I have only been doing magic for almost a year, I was hoping to share this developing idea with people who know what they are talking about. I'd love to get some real feedback and advice.

Can anyone point me in the direction of any honest experienced magicians I can feel safe sharing the method with?

Thanks a lot guys!

Huruey
Joe Williamson
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Christopher Williams and Jonathan Townsend are 2... Nick Verna another... There are quite a few
Verricobl
View Profile
Loyal user
BC
256 Posts

Profile of Verricobl
Huruey, send it also to Rannie. He can really help out in developing it.
imagine the possibilities... endless...
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I 2nd running it by Rannie!
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Yeah... Rannie also, and Eric Jones, Vinny Marini...
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5441 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Rannie and Vinny, for sure.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9228 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Yep, any of those guys would be most helpful Huruey. All good men in magic. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
magicman899
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of magicman899
WOW, great work Huruey. Every one of the guys mentioned above would be great people to run your work by.
huruey
View Profile
Loyal user
York, UK
205 Posts

Profile of huruey
Thanks for all the suggestions, guys! I have now shared this with Jonathan Townsend, along with a little vanish/production using the same basic concept. Thanks for the chat, John, I found it very helpful!

Thanks again,
Huruey
Joe Williamson
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27251 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Welcome. Suggest Curtis Kam on this to get proper vetting started. Very nice change. Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
huruey
View Profile
Loyal user
York, UK
205 Posts

Profile of huruey
Hi guys,

I received a rather distressing pm on youtube earlier today.

=============================================================

"Hey huruey, I saw your video of the "Oblivion Change" and I played with some methods and got this.

Hope you like it.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mT0MMNG5Se4

Maybe it uses the same method because I got the same idea some month ago.

Tristan"

=============================================================

When I watched his video, I became rather upset, as it is almost certainly the exact same method, but he has given the effect his own name, "Coin Maynia" (you could find the video with a search), and has seemingly given credit soley to himself.

I don't know what to do. I have sent him a reply and hopefully things will be resolved, but it doesn't sound like he thinks he's doing anything wrong.

Huruey
Joe Williamson
Thoth
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Thoth
I'm sorry you're having to deal with this Huruey. Please keep us informed.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Yet another reason, ill never post anything on youtube. if you post post a video, you can make your own youtube so to speak by converting the files to .flv
and post on a 10 dollar a month web server. and even if your not html savvy programs can do all the work for you. its not free.... but sometimes you get what you pay for
huruey
View Profile
Loyal user
York, UK
205 Posts

Profile of huruey
I received a reply from Tristan, and everything should be fixed very soon.

Thanks guys. Smile

Next time I'll think twice before putting up a video of something of my own.

Cheers,
Huruey
Joe Williamson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Visual Coin Change (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL