The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Jumbo Rising Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jwballew
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of jwballew
Does anyone have any advice on Jumbo Rising Cards? I've heard the Contento piece is the best but I haven't been able to find them and I'm not sure that I want remote controlled operation anyway. Does anyone have a self-contained method that they like?

Thanks.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4828 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
The Contento model is excellent and I have it and recommend it. I made my own Jumbo Devano Deck for a specific routine and it works great. There is one that has a non electronic gimmick built into the case which allows you to use an ordinary jumbo deck. I believe it's from Sweden and was available from Hank Lee.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5274 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I tend to stay away from the electro-mechanical marvels.

I use a very old Al Baker jumbo rising card methodology. The routine I actually use is the version that Ken Brooke developed (Ken was using the Al Baker idea and modified the routine). Ken called it the “Nemo Jumbo Rising Cards”. Either the Al Baker or the Ken Brooke version is great for stage, platform, club, and parlor work. They are very low Tec and are almost foolproof with very little to go wrong. The best part is that there are no batteries to replace!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
I made, and use a lot, the method that is credited to Hathaway. It is a houlette suspended on a pair of ribbons. I hold one side, the audience member holds the other. With jumbo cards I put a hidden pully mechanism to shorten the distance required for the pulling of the gaff. This works flawlesly every time....recommend it highly. Also, unlike with most methods using the same gimmick, it is hidden at all times inside the ribbons. I make 4 jumbos rise.
quack
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Jeeze I made a jumbo rising card trick...the simplest oldest method, my 6 yr. old daughter does the dirty work while hidden in the table which the cards are sitting on and it works great!

JOHNNY MYSTIC Smile
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Jumbo Rising Cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL