The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Do we need a separate forum just for Criss Angel? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Ximines
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
154 Posts

Profile of Ximines
Seems to me that he has taken over our mentalism board.

Does that qualify as having 'special powers'?
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2659 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Really?

I haven't seen him around.

Can't say as I blame him. I'm sure he has better things to do with his time.

There have been a lot of people around here wearing official Jim Callahan kneepads, though. Maybe they could use their own little place to play with themselves. Of course, I kid.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17517 Posts

Profile of Slim King
You'd better be kidding Smile With eveyone knowing where you'll be and when, you might have a problem...and MINDS might not be the only thing knocking on your Cranium Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
CinChiller
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
404 Posts

Profile of CinChiller
Criss Angel? Who is Criss Angel? A mentalist? An inventor of mental effects? Or just somebody who takes every chance to show his face at TV?
I´m not interested in CA, there are so many other, much more interesting topics to discuss about. Smile
The Gaff Book Collection - the right tool for your booktest.
Music for mentalism and psychic entertainment.
Visit: http://stores.lulu.com/dankworth01
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13146 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10576 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Viral worms are a spreadin'....
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17517 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On 2007-11-24 11:46, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
We have a forum here for him:
http://themagiccafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?forum=32&77467

Haaahaaahaaahaaa
Great
:dancing:
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2659 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-11-24 11:43, CinChiller wrote:
Criss Angel? Who is Criss Angel? A mentalist? An inventor of mental effects? Or just somebody who takes every chance to show his face at TV?
I´m not interested in CA, there are so many other, much more interesting topics to discuss about. Smile

It's strange how you have gone out of your way to talk about someone you're not interested in and know nothing about. Here is some info to answer your question, "Who is Criss Angel?" I'm not a fan, per se, so this information may be a bit bare bones.

Who is Criss Angel?

He is a magician who has a television program on the A& E Network called MINDFREAK. This program has brought the likes of Banachek, Johnny Thompson and Luke Jermay into millions of living rooms across the United States. No, I won't tell you who they are. Smile

Angel is fairly well known and therefore does much to promote magic and mentalism into the public consciousness.

He is a skeptic (due perhaps to Banachek's influence) and, like Houdini, has little tolerance for those who claim to have real paranormal abilities and/or people who bilk the bereaved and vulnerable.

He was recently a judge on an live NBC television program called PHENOMENON which, if nothing else, provided a venue for 10 mentalists to introduce themselves to the American public. Angel says he was instructed by the producers to be "brutally honest" in his criticisms. He called Jim Callahan's performance "comical" and then challenged Callahan and his fellow judge Uri Geller to reveal the cntents of two sealed envelopes. Callahan called Angel an "ideological bigot" and then advanced on him. Angel got out of his seat and the two had to be physically separated.

Angel has done charity work for the Make-a-Wish foundation which is dedicated to fulfilling the dreams of dying children.

He has been linked romantically with actor Cameron Diaz.

Now then, who are YOU?
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1418 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Wow ! You must have a lot of clout around here to speak with such authority. You are obviously looking for attention, so here's a little. The question that comes to mind(guerrilla) is, who are you ?
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2659 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-11-24 19:21, johnjnesbit wrote:
Wow ! You must have a lot of clout around here to speak with such authority. You are obviously looking for attention, so here's a little. The question that comes to mind(guerrilla) is, who are you ?

I'm Batman.

Deep down, aren't we all looking for attention? Smile

P.S. No clout necessary to post a message here on the Magic Café (for good or for bad).
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
I hear Robin calling you... He is in a danger.

You'd better run to help him!
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
lane99
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

Profile of lane99
Hey, don't blame those of us wearing Callahan kneepads. The Angel kneepads are obviously already "ocupados".

Bare bones? Not a fan? Of course, as you said, you kid. You seem to have quite a crush on this Angel fellow (and he is a fellow, in case the hair and makeup fooled you). Which probably accounts for the rose colored glassed and Mama-Bear claws.
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1418 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Quote:
On 2007-11-24 19:38, Lord Of The Horses wrote:
I hear Robin calling you... He is in a danger.

You'd better run to help him!

He can't, he's locked himself in again in the Batroom. Smile
brainchild
View Profile
Loyal user
Ideological Bigot
259 Posts

Profile of brainchild
After reading mind guerillas post, I couldn't help but notice he left out one of Criss Angels talents, which can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTVFvavwNdg

I know everyone on this forum prefers us to be thorough. Smile
Brandon Queen
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, California
523 Posts

Profile of Brandon Queen
WOW.. uhm.. yah. Wow is about all I can say.
It occured to me at once that love could be a great illusion, that makes fools of brilliant thinkers everyday
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
The proper forum for discussion of all things Phenomenon would actually be the Magic names and the media forum, but the Angel/Callahan fanboys haven't gotten the idea yet.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10576 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
[quote]On 2007-11-24 18:52, Mind Guerilla wrote:
Quote:

Angel has done charity work for the Make-a-Wish foundation which is dedicated to fulfilling the dreams of dying children.

He has been linked romantically with actor Cameron Diaz.

Say, I think you left out some of the other parts regarding his relationships, his use of the other mentalists, how he portrays himself...etc. But what the hey. Its all about spin!

As for the Charity work - that sounds wonderful and I applaud him if he did it for charity - except one question - was he hired by the charity to help raise money (i.e. got paid for doing what he did) or did he donate his time Pro Bono for helping the cause? If the latter, I then will say thanks and send a positive blessing towards Criss. i.e. if he really did donate something / sacrifice time or something of value for charity, then may he be thrice rewarded in kind. If it is a spin on something, may the spin rebound three times into his face.

I will hope it is as you implied that he did charity work. If so, I will go back from Gamma-Spawned Monster level -> to Banner level.

Ciao.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10576 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On 2007-11-24 19:24, Mind Guerilla wrote:
Quote:

I'm Batman.

P.S. No clout necessary to post a message here on the Magic Café (for good or for bad).

No, I'm Batman.
David McCall
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of David McCall
Quote:
On 2007-11-24 22:12, Dr Spektor wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-11-24 19:24, Mind Guerilla wrote:
Quote:

I'm Batman.

No, I'm Batman.

Ooh! Ooh! Can I be either the Flash or Impulse?

I guess I'll go with The Flash, as we're apparently working with DC heroes here.
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1418 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
And your point ? (Mind Spark)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Do we need a separate forum just for Criss Angel? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL