We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Torch to cane Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tdowell2007
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, IL
267 Posts

Profile of tdowell2007
Hello All,
I presently use Mahka Tendo canes in a routine and my question is this:

Would a torch to cane prop damage the paint on a Mahka Tendo cane?

Thanks for any info.

Tony
tdowell2007
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, IL
267 Posts

Profile of tdowell2007
Anyone?
Nedim
View Profile
Elite user
istanbul/turkey
444 Posts

Profile of Nedim
Hi,

I don't think it will damage the paint but the question is will it be suitable to any torch?

magicially yours,

Nedim Guzel
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Tony:

I would advise you not to use the Mahka Tendo cane for the torch to cane effect. It will damage the cane from inside out.

The standard torch sold by dealers are made of aluminium and the action during the extension of the cane during the transformation will result in the caneknocking or scrapping certain parts of the torch ... resulting in slight damage inside the cane.

In addition the fire will also cause unwanted soot or black discoloration to the inside of the cane.

This is the reason why one of the Japanese version of the torch to cane has a very thin torch ... to prevent the damage mentioned. This version is recommended as the torch can be dismantled into 2 parts from the cane. Unfortunately itis not sold anymore.

If you are using the standard torch I would suggest getting the UGM (japanese) appearing cane. This cane has the same release mechanism as the Mahka Tendo canes or the Harakhan canes and very useful for torch to cane handling.

Hope this helps.
tdowell2007
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, IL
267 Posts

Profile of tdowell2007
Hi James,
Thank you so much! The information you provided is what I was thinking also. I use 5 Mahka Tendo canes in my act and the thought of damaging one...No way! LOL Thanks again and know I appreciate all the input provided by members here!@
Tony
inhumaninferno
View Profile
Elite user
450 Posts

Profile of inhumaninferno
Hey Tony,

I know we magicians love to use fire BUT----the places to use it are dwindling. Don't know where you work, but most theaters I've worked prohibit any kind of fire or even smoke.

Personally, I love the stuff. Even worked as a fire-eater in a circus. Too bad the careless in our society make it so tough on the rest of us. Course there are still some places where it may not be much of a big to do.

I'd say focus on being attention getting and spectacular without the use of fire. This may be to your benefit in the long run.

John
tdowell2007
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, IL
267 Posts

Profile of tdowell2007
Hi John,
Good point..... Smile May have to alter the routine slightly but the long run thought is a truly valid point. Thank you much for the input!
Tony
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7340 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I will also chime in on the non use of fire. That is the world we live in today.

As for damaging the cane, it will. It is painted with an automotive paint. That type of paint would not hold up well the the intense heat from the fire.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
indomagic
View Profile
Special user
911 Posts

Profile of indomagic
Mahka Tendo has his own torch to cane , ready to use. You might check this.
tdowell2007
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, IL
267 Posts

Profile of tdowell2007
Hi Indomagic,
Thank you! Is it on his website?
Tony
indomagic
View Profile
Special user
911 Posts

Profile of indomagic
Hi Tony,

I saw it on his booth at HK magic convention. But I remember saw the same thing from his web,..but not sure. You may check.
tdowell2007
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, IL
267 Posts

Profile of tdowell2007
For those who may be interested, SEO magic stocks Mahka Tendo canes and has the torch to cane mentioned above. Should you desire additional information, please feel free to PM me. Take care and thanks for the invaluable information all!
Tony
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Torch to cane Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL