The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Looking for a short, jaw-dropping mentalism routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
Hey everyone,
I have a talent show at my college coming up in the spring semester, and I would really like to do a bit of mentalism for it. I have about a 4 minute time limit, and I'm looking for something really hard hitting and relatively inexpensive which will play for around 100-200 people. If at all possible, I'd prefer something visual. I was looking into Tony Iacoviello's Popular Selection from Maximum Involvement after I read a ton of great reviews for it. How will this play within the 4 minute time period?

Thanks a lot,
Bryan
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com
Arnon
View Profile
Inner circle
1320 Posts

Profile of Arnon
Sounds like a job for "The Phenomenon."*
:lol:
Arnon

*He's a real Super-hero, and his first name is Mike.
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
Haha yes unfortunately I know it's not a lot of time, but I'm not going to try to connect the dead or anything. Smile
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com
brainchild
View Profile
Loyal user
Ideological Bigot
259 Posts

Profile of brainchild
Sarcasm aside, "Phenomenon" does have a few solid short mentalism routines. Not all of them are inexpensive, but they are all available online if you want visual inspiration.

Otherwise I would recommend something from Osterlinds BCS system. If your college friends are anything like mine were, they all know what cards are and would love nothing more than having a poker buddy that could read minds. 'Card Calling' always kills.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13152 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On 2007-11-24 23:33, bryanlonden wrote:
Hey everyone,
I have a talent show at my college coming up in the spring semester, and I would really like to do a bit of mentalism for it. I have about a 4 minute time limit, and I'm looking for something really hard hitting and relatively inexpensive which will play for around 100-200 people. If at all possible, I'd prefer something visual. I was looking into Tony Iacoviello's Popular Selection from Maximum Involvement after I read a ton of great reviews for it. How will this play within the 4 minute time period?

Thanks a lot,
Bryan


To really play it as it is should, it takes longer than 4 minutes. I don't suggest purchasing Popular Selection for this event.

Tony Iacoviello
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2125 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Osterlind's ODDS design duplication system, plays great large AND small. Highly recommended.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18808 Posts

Profile of IAIN
What's wrong with PK Touches or Invisible Touch?
I've asked to be banned
The Game
View Profile
Regular user
Israel
178 Posts

Profile of The Game
MOABT, 4th dimensional telepathy, drawing duplication (not the ODDS), pulse stopping, dangerous monte of some sort.
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
Quote:
To really play it as it is should, it takes longer than 4 minutes. I don't suggest purchasing Popular Selection for this event.

Tony Iacoviello


How's that for honesty and intergrity? Much respect Tony.

Bri
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2505 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
Why not the odds? I thnk its perfect
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
Sounds like a hot seat type of presentation may play well here. Fills the stage with people so you get some eye candy, good interaction and a strong finish and cost effective. 4 minutes is not long to build a relationship and establish a character / personality so make the most of it.

Bri
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12605 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2007-11-24 23:33, bryanlonden wrote:
Hey everyone,
I have a talent show at my college coming up in the spring semester, and I would really like to do a bit of mentalism for it. I have about a 4 minute time limit, and I'm looking for something really hard hitting and relatively inexpensive which will play for around 100-200 people. If at all possible, I'd prefer something visual. I was looking into Tony Iacoviello's Popular Selection from Maximum Involvement after I read a ton of great reviews for it. How will this play within the 4 minute time period?

Thanks a lot,
Bryan



Ahhh, all the criteria I am after as well. Smile

John
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Rope through body.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
mrmysticmike
View Profile
Elite user
Cleveland, Ohio
427 Posts

Profile of mrmysticmike
Another vote for ODDS.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5901 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Learn to play guitar instead.
Ximines
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
154 Posts

Profile of Ximines
The non-gaffed version of room service, from Stunner's Plus. That's super cool, IMHO.
v_alfano
View Profile
New user
Napoli, Italia
98 Posts

Profile of v_alfano
Dangerous Monte will be perfect.
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2707 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Quote:
On 2007-11-25 06:22, abraxus wrote:
What's wrong with PK Touches or Invisible Touch?

Not enough time to create the right atmosphere and audience rapport for this effect.

Magic Square
Mobile Opener
Jermay's Dangerous Opener
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein






FACEBOOK
james1a
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of james1a
Hi:
Used to work in amagic store. One customer wanted a colourful fast opener, if I recall he wanted to spend about $10.00. I suggested when he found it I would take a dozen.
james1a
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1238 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
<<Looking for a short, jaw-dropping mentalism >>

Me too.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Looking for a short, jaw-dropping mentalism routine (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL