The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Anybody tried a poker set case? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Ĺland, Finland
620 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
Hi, I am thinking that I could use a pokerset aluminum case for carrying decks and other stuff. Anyone ever tried it? Don't know where to put my chips though, but I should get a 1000 chips case anyway, for poker and then perhaps use the 500 one I already have for storing magic props.. Smile

Kim
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I do like those cases Kim but it seems I've seen them in office supply stores and they should cost less without the chip set!
Mick
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Ĺland, Finland
620 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
Hey mickey, yeah shoud've thought of that Smile thnaks! I could use a new pokerset though but that can wait until I actually can afford it.

Take care,

Kim
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
I was traveling over the holiday and ran across one similar for $19.95 at a "Flying J" truck stop in North Carolina. It was black with silver edging, like a lot of road cases.

Looking back...I wish I had picked it up myself.

Mark.
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Ĺland, Finland
620 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
Okey, I hope they have something similar here in Sweden.

Kim
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Ooooppsss...I didn't catch where you were from. Maybe the suggestion will work for others in this country.

If there are "truck stops" in Sweden, and you live near one, you might stop by and see what they have for sale. The drivers like things like that since space is limited inside the cab to store things.

Mark.
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2700 Posts

Profile of sethb
I found an aluminum contractor's briefcase at Home Depot for about $20. It's not as sturdy as some other more expensive ones I've seen, but if you don't bang it around, it should hold up fairly well. I've been using mine for two years now, and except for a few small dents and several almost invisible scratches, it looks pretty good.

The case comes in either red or black, with silver edging and a bunch of dividers that you can use to split up the interior any way you like. I believe it is about 4-5" deep, but in any event will hold a set of Bazar DeMagia Cups, a Card Duck, a small Nest of Boxes, two dozen Svengali decks and Money Paddles, or whatever else you may need. And at that price, you can't go too far wrong. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Good tip Mark! I have a Flying J 10 mins from my house,
Thanks!
Mick
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Hey Mick...if they have it at the Flying J near you, let me know the name of the manufacturer. They might have a site and sell them over the web.

Good luck. Mark.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Gotcha covered!
leaycraft
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of leaycraft
Check out Harbour Freight, they have some aluminum cases low priced. I'm using several small ones and sorting out props by types. Use the crate type truck and you can carry a lot of material- it also helps keep[you organized. ( For me its a great help)
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." A. Conan Doyle," The Sign of Four"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Anybody tried a poker set case? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL