The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Question about Forgetful Frankie (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Ratty Roberts
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Ratty Roberts
I also have this prop. Supreme did a rip off version: the Scarecrow. They all seem to work the same. I use a change bag, to vanish the head. When I look inside , I find the balloon. I actually have several in the bag, as I don't show it, they are always there in caseA). I break the balloon, and cover it by saying all monsters say TWO HEADS are better than one!, B). They are there for the next show. The balloons are not even green as is the head! Lots of humour can be gained by drawing his face whilst everyone says its not the right colour. This is when I put a light silk/hanky over the balloon, and say" lets not look at him then .... or shall we try magic to get it right?" This hides the head snapping up, and the hanky does sometimes shoot into the air (Thanks Dave/Noel!). Points to note, when you actually use this prop, there is a tendency to grabt the shoulders and also the head whilst inserting the balloon. This will drop the retaining pin out, so when you take away your hand the head shhoots up. The firat time I did this, that's what happened, and I also got the pin Stuck into my finger. Much Blood, lots of laughs and a lesson learned! PS His mum is always telling him not to BOLT his food!

Ratty Roberts
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Ratty: Great ideas here my friend. Good thinking and lots of funny byplay to get the kids laughing and elevate the entertainment level. That reall is what it is all about. As you are aware, the journey we take the children on is often more fun for them then the trick itself. I like the silk over the head gag. Very funny. =)

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
YOu know talking about the balloon sounds. I did a needle through balloon effect for a small Thaksgiving day gathering and a samll 5 yr old almost went nuts. She was so afraid of the sound that the balloon would make. She went running into another room when I was just about to put the needle into the balloon. It made me wonder about Frankie and the effect on small children. I am thinking it is more for the maybe 7 to 10 range. I never really thought a young one like her would react. Maybe she had a bad experiance with a balloon. Well makes me know a little bit more of where I can do the Frankie routine.
I love the thought of a change bag vanish. I havew an old cange bag that I have owned since.....well I have owned it a very long time..Lol It might just work and I am going to try it and see what I can do.
Tony, just to let you know that the Frankie comes with a ratchit noise maker and a spark emiter. That way when you take out the bolts, acting of course, it adds to the effect. I am not going to use them right now but maybe later. And if you look in the mirror each mornig and Frankie is looking back??? Well...awe forget it. Lol...Have fun with which ever Forgetful that you might chose. They do get a great audience reaction.

Happy Magic
Steven
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Quote:
On 2007-11-28 13:38, magic4u02 wrote:
George. You can also always change a sucker style effect so that the sucker effect is played on you and not he helper or the audience. this way you still get the laughs (directed towards yourself), but also empower the children in the process.

Cheers Kyle, I prefer to empower myself by doing a sucker trick for a good 20 minutes then reminding the children how stupid they are at regular intervals throughout the show.

Only kidding, I think any entertainer worth there salt can change the focus of a sucker trick so the children do the magic and you don't end up with a 'na nyah na na nyah' finish. The reason I don't like some sucker tricks is that many of them over-rely on the sucker aspect of the effect and therefore don't have a very strong finish. Which is why I like the idea of the sucker aspect in the middle of a Forgetful Freddy type routine.

George
REV BILL
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Burnie Maryland
1020 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
I used to combine it with a card in balloon. Put a duplicate of the force card on the pin and have it appear with the head.
Specializing in Family Entertainment,Gospel,Comedy and Educational programs for over 30 years.(Order of Merlin)
zimsalabim
View Profile
Special user
Orlando Floirda USA
518 Posts

Profile of zimsalabim
I have used Frankie in my show for some time and I use a devils hank that is blue as it is his "Blankie" its a bit tattered and the kids relate to the idea of the "Blankie" very well. I have a child hold Frankies head "ala" the old coin inthe hankerchief vanish and when that cloth is wisked away and shown on both sides and nothng is there well it gets a great response for me. I do the same bit with theh Stratoshepres ball.

Z
Joe Zimmer

"The Second Greatest Magician in the World"

Who is the Greatest? Everybody else! Borrowed with respect from the late Great Eddie Fechter Owner of the Forks Hotel

Zimsalabim

Orlando Florida
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1356 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
I got the Frankie and I added the Sylvester The Jester's Makin' Sparks. the Funken ring with it was not that good. I also have a heavy duty watch winder that I got years ago and is a lot louder than the one that comes with it.

A routine I did was put different balloon face heads on it. This can be done with any "Forgetfull" effect. It especially works well with my Forgetfull Snowman. Check with any Qualatex Balloon Supplier. I use Larocks. They have 5" round balloons with faces such as:
Spiderman, dracular, jack o latern, a Disney Princess, a skull, frog, google eyed octopus, eyeball, pink catface on a heart, alien with a helmet, and a snowman! And others!

I blow up each one as a replacement for the head. I place it where the head should be and have the kids yell NO! And then let the air out of each one until we find the right head. The snowman head works well for the Forgetfull snowman. Then finish the routine in your favorite manner.

ACE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Question about Forgetful Frankie (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL