We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Geller to claim £1m ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1236 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
I thought Criss Angel should have known better...

You can't fool Uri with such childish challenges.

Heck, Uri has faced so many challenged in his life from people far more "dangerous" in terms of press than Criss "I am the only one doing Mentalism, the others do magick tricks!" Angel.

Drew, once again, extend to Uri my compliments next time you talk with him.
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
As well as here

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Geller_Angel......hallenge

Were the updated release mentions I also was ready to take Angels' money.

A side note is that Gerry McCambridge helped me write the first page of my prediction that was to be used on the show the final night.

When I heard Uri start talking and were he was going I figured he was going to nail the thing and that was why the producers did not read my prediction.

(Uri's show and if he can make a million he gets his shot first I thought to myself.)

Jim
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Fascinating! Thanks Drew and Jim for update!
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2659 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Quote:
On 2007-11-25 13:37, Drewmcadam wrote:
Shipi just sent me this....
http://www.free-press-release.com/news/2......662.html

What kind of site is this? When I went there I saw an ad for what looked like a green card scam.

At any rate, this notion that Geller was "zoning in" is tantalizing on first blush but Geller never said he was trying to reveal the contents of the envelope and he seemed to be going all over the place talking about himself, Angel, ages, birthdates, spoon bending etc. Aren't there more practical reasons as to why Angel "cut him off" (besides the fact that Geller never explicitly said he was trying to name the envelope's contents) i.e. the show was in its closing moments and Angel had his heart set on having the spotlight to himself?

It's a romantic notion though. No doubt about it.
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1046 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
Quote:
On 2007-11-25 13:49, Jim-Callahan wrote:
A side note is that Gerry McCambridge helped me write the first page of my prediction that was to be used on the show the final night.

So you needed help to write the number 911? It took at least a page to do it?
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Ahh. How mentalists love the tendencies of those who desperately want to believe. Who knew what easy prey other mentalists would be?

Lovin' it.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Magnus,

Just because some Mentalists want to believe this could have been, I find your comments about them being desperate or easy prey, very condescending at best and possibly offensive.

If I had to pay you back with the same kind of money you use, I would have to say that you are an idiot.
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
As I stated on another thread, I would have lost; I thought the number Criss had was written down was 116.
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-11-25 14:44, Turk wrote:
As I stated on another thread, I would have lost; I thought the number Criss had was written down was 116.

Well, Mike, actually you could have claimed half-million. Smile
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Except Cri$$'s $1M is in old Confederate bills or... y'know, since Luke Jermay used to consult to him - may actually have been a pile of Monopoly Money.

Fact is, never challenge people wiser, smarter and more experienced to a duel they are ready for...
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17542 Posts

Profile of Slim King
WOW...Go Uri and Jim!
OR
Are we back to this?
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=15
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On 2007-11-25 14:41, Lord Of The Horses wrote:
Magnus,

Just because some Mentalists want to believe this could have been, I find your comments about them being desperate or easy prey, very condescending at best and possibly offensive.

If I had to pay you back with the same kind of money you use, I would have to say that you are an idiot.

Subtle and thoughtful. My hat's off to you.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Harry H
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Harry H
Yawn.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Burp.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2659 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-11-25 16:46, Harry H wrote:
Yawn.

Please cover your mouth. Thanks.
lane99
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

Profile of lane99
If you want to get technical, Gellar didn't just "come close" to meeting the challenge Crangel issued in the final show. If one reviews the tape I believe you'll find that he, incontestably, succeeded. And, frankly, so could have I under the same conditions.

But I don't think Angel is willing the walk the walk ( ), so I assume he won't pay voluntarily even though he lost.
modernmindreader
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of modernmindreader
I think it would be a funny twist to the whole story. I could tell Uri was zeroing in on the target. Of course the mega skeptics will hem and haw about the rambling aspect of the revelation... No surprise there. I will be interested to see how far this goes...
~Jason Profit
Make up your OWN mind...
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2659 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-11-25 17:26, lane99 wrote:
If one reviews the tape I believe you'll find that he, incontestably, succeeded.

Well, that settles that!
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2659 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-11-25 18:03, modernmindreader wrote:
Of course the mega skeptics will hem and haw about the rambling aspect of the revelation...

Hem and haw about the hemming and hawing? Yes, I'm sure they will. The fools! Maybe not only the mega skeptics but the regular size ones as well!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Geller to claim £1m ? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL