The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Geller to claim £1m ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
For the slower folks and those with very short attention spans the new microsoft enhanced DVD format will soon be available so when you get stuck on a concept you can click the drop down menus while the movie is playing.

We call this new format:

ADHD-HD-DVD It is also available in ADD-HD-DVD with less menus.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
zeggman
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of zeggman
Quote:
On 2007-12-01 13:06, KingStardog wrote:
First off, your reference to the the ice crystal experiment shows you do not have even the slightest bit of understanding. The experiment is exactly this:

In order to follow the laws, it..... Can Not.... work double blind, if it did , it would show that direct thought does not create the outcome. The tested object must be exposed to consciousness.

This requirement in no way precludes a double-blind test. Identical vials are filled from a single reservoir of water. Each vial is assigned a code number, which is known only to scientist 1. Water vials are randomly assigned to a "pretty thoughts" group, or an "ugly thoughts" group. A control group of "no thoughts" water may also be used, if desired.

Scientist 2 directs pretty thoughts at the pretty thought group, and ugly thoughts at the ugly thought group. He doesn't know the code number of any of the vials he is thinking at. If it is necessary to freeze the vials while they're being thought at, they're frozen using identical equipment, temperatures, etc., otherwise, the vials are randomly placed in a holding rack after the thinking is done, and frozen at the same time.

Scientist 3 assigns a numeric value to each vial of the resulting ice for whatever aesthetic criteria are being used. He is also unaware of the code number for any of the vials he evaluates.

Scientist 1 then correlates Scientist 3's evaluations with "pretty" or "ugly" information that's known only to him, and publishes the results.

The experiment can even be done in a triple-blind fashion, by allowing a fourth scientist to assign the vials to a "pretty" or "ugly" group based only on Scientist 3's evaluations, thus only allowing Scientist 1 (the only person in the experiment to know which code numbers were assigned to the "pretty" group) to publish how many were correctly assigned by Scientist 4.

Quote:
The water molecule in its most ancient,perfect and natural form is a perfect pentagon shape... before...being frozen.

Actually, a water molecule is triangular, though five water molecules may, under certain conditions, form a pentagonal cluster. Arguing over the health effects of "pentagonal" vs "hexagonal" water is a whole other branch of newage.

Quote:
If you are in the top 20% this information is pure gold. If you are at the bottom you will never grasp it in this lifetime. Read this book and you will have some solid ground to comment from. Ultimate Computing: Bimolecular Consciousness and Nanotechnology. When you read it, we can discuss.

When there is a working application of the principles discussed in that book which does something useful, maybe it will be worth my time to read it. Let me know.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2661 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Quote:
On 2007-11-30 15:23, KingStardog wrote:
Mind Guerrilla, Are you sure you wrote that and not Stewy from the family Guy? Smile

Stop projecting.

Well, it looks like my little movie review came a little to close to the bone for "King." He wrote four- count 'em- four snipey replies!

Quote:
I do find that persons of self absorbed or material nature do try to reject what they are too mentally challenged to even partially understand.

You always know someone is secure in their opinion when they stoop to name calling instead of arguing a case on its merits. Smile

Quote:
And I do think your review was 100% correct. I mean just look at this string of Harvard, Yale, and Stanford educated hacks

Dude, it was a move review. It's my opinion and not necessarily "correct" or "incorrect" in any objective sense. What school did you go to?

Quote:
Yep, now that I pause every caption and read them closely I can see I look up to the wrong sort of element and run in the wrong crowds. I am a total loser for not worshiping some mentalist from Queens.

If you are a total loser, as you say, it may be because you take it as a personal affront when someone has a different opinion than you.

As for being from Queens, at least I tell people where I'm from in case they want to come looking for me. Smile I understand why you might wish to keep your location secret. If you ever visit New York, though, please let me know. I'd love to discuss this matter with you in person.

Oh, and you WILL worship me. One day you ALL will. BWAH HA HA HA HA!!!
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Zeggman, you have still failed to understand the principles. You have failed to move forward and I am cutting the line to return the undersized fish to the water. Study up and if you can suspend what you have been taught, you may understand. Keep studying.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Quote:
On 2007-12-01 14:20, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-11-30 15:23, KingStardog wrote:
Mind Guerrilla, Are you sure you wrote that and not Stewy from the family Guy? Smile

Stop projecting.

Well, it looks like my little movie review came a little to close to the bone for "King." He wrote four- count 'em- four snipey replies!

Quote:
I do find that persons of self absorbed or material nature do try to reject what they are too mentally challenged to even partially understand.

You always know someone is secure in their opinion when they stoop to name calling instead of arguing a case on its merits. Smile

Quote:
And I do think your review was 100% correct. I mean just look at this string of Harvard, Yale, and Stanford educated hacks

Dude, it was a move review. It's my opinion and not necessarily "correct" or "incorrect" in any objective sense. What school did you go to?

Quote:
Yep, now that I pause every caption and read them closely I can see I look up to the wrong sort of element and run in the wrong crowds. I am a total loser for not worshiping some mentalist from Queens.

If you are a total loser, as you say, it may be because you take it as a personal affront when someone has a different opinion than you.

As for being from Queens, at least I tell people where I'm from in case they want to come looking for me. Smile I understand why you might wish to keep your location secret. If you ever visit New York, though, please let me know. I'd love to discuss this matter with you in person.

Oh, and you WILL worship me. One day you ALL will. BWAH HA HA HA HA!!!

No not projecting at all. Poking a little fun and levity, that's all. No offense intended.

Four snippy replies. Well when the fishing is slow, you have to use what the call a multiple flasher or gang troll ahead of the lure to increase the probability of a bite. Again without them its not likely to get a response. Self absorbed nature? an interpolation not intended as anything but a random thought. Education? Even with our movie hosts,in years but always continuing. Probably till death. Queens and mentalism, well I didn't have enough flashing blades to get a response. Again no real offense intended. An affluent neighborhood in the near proximity of Seattle is my current location.

I didn't think much of the Ramtha reference either. This lady is a high occultist and added to represent philosophical views. The fact that she gets a check from running the school should have been left out, and the real field of expertise properly explained.

My latest contribution is the LT-LV-LCM process. It is the first method of laser cutting single cells from live biopsy tissue, removing the cells via liquid and vacuum. Cancer cells are the primary focus. Keeping them alive long enough to target eradication methods. My previous list is related to sub 20 nanometer semiconductor manufacture and I can not disclose further information. It is critical to 'play the loser' and direct jabs or people think you are too smart to be interested in what they have to say. In my case that is not true at all. I am very interested.

I did in fact appreciate the review and should have not joked around that much, with such dry material in the form of pranky snips. I will use a spray bottle next time. ;-)

Again the review was welcomed. This is not material or the direction of thought for the masses and the flip side of the coin should have been given respect.

If you have differing takes on some of the concepts it would be good to hear them.
zifferinolpm
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of zifferinolpm
There are no TRUE mentalists. Smile Anyone who is a magician should know this. It's ALL a trick! Anyone see Uri get stumped on Carson. This shows his true talent. It's all a trick, nothing more, nothing less!
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4380 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Mentalist: (n.) a person who believes that the mind and its functions are a legitimate area of psychological research.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Quote:
On 2007-12-06 23:47, zifferinolpm wrote:
There are no TRUE mentalists. Smile Anyone who is a magician should know this. It's ALL a trick! Anyone see Uri get stumped on Carson. This shows his true talent. It's all a trick, nothing more, nothing less!

So you don't beleive in mentalists?

What about Paranormalists and the supernatural?

Jim
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
Zifferinolpm said:
Quote:
There are no TRUE mentalists. Anyone who is a magician should know this. It's ALL a trick!

Hmmm. I saw this on your website:

Quote:
I am really excited about the new "Christianity and Psychics" show that discusses, in detail, how psychics mislead the public and what the Bible says about it. This show also involves many examples of mentalism and how psychics draw people in and keep them coming back for more.

So it's all a trick? Except the supernatural beliefs that you hold? And performances like yours - are they designed to keep people coming back for more? What is the difference?

Do you expose mentalism effects in the course of this show? (That is a question and not an accusation.) If so how do you justify that?

Have you considered that a show like you present may actually leave people more vulnerable to the very thing you claim to be protecting them from? That is a serious question.

Please don't take these questions as anti-Christian statements. They are not.
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Oh now I was leading up to that bdekolta, but wanted to play with him a bit first.

J ack

H.O.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Mick Ayres
View Profile
Special user
Hilton Head Island
998 Posts

Profile of Mick Ayres
Why pull the line when the fish is just getting interested in the bait on the hook, Jack? Let's test the drag on this...

I'm a devout Christian AND a true mentalist.

Best,
Mick
THE FIVE OBLIGATIONS OF CONJURING: Study. Practice. Script. Rehearse. Perform. Drop one and you're done.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
And a Fiddler crab....
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
Quote:
Oh now I was leading up to that bdekolta, but wanted to play with him a bit first.

Well you guys be sure and send me the syllabus next time! Besides that is a topic that can be played for quite some time as I'm sure you know. It also cuts to the heart of a lot of things.

Mick - Pastor and mentalist/magician here. Amazing to me where much of the thinking stops on this.

~ Dan
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17586 Posts

Profile of Slim King
This should be all over the news.. Fact is, CA forgot to bring the cash Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
zifferinolpm
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of zifferinolpm
Quote:
On 2007-12-07 07:26, Jim-Callahan wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-12-06 23:47, zifferinolpm wrote:

So you don't beleive in mentalists?

What about Paranormalists and the supernatural?

Jim

Absolutely not. No such thing. The only supernatural I believe in is the show that's on Thursday night. Not bad. As far as paranormalists, if you believe in them then your not a magician. Magicians all know it's fake.
zifferinolpm
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of zifferinolpm
Quote:
On 2007-12-07 16:58, bdekolta wrote:
Zifferinolpm said:
Quote:
There are no TRUE mentalists. Anyone who is a magician should know this. It's ALL a trick!

Hmmm. I saw this on your website:

Quote:
I am really excited about the new "Christianity and Psychics" show that discusses, in detail, how psychics mislead the public and what the Bible says about it. This show also involves many examples of mentalism and how psychics draw people in and keep them coming back for more.

So it's all a trick? Except the supernatural beliefs that you hold? And performances like yours - are they designed to keep people coming back for more? What is the difference?

Do you expose mentalism effects in the course of this show? (That is a question and not an accusation.) If so how do you justify that?

Have you considered that a show like you present may actually leave people more vulnerable to the very thing you claim to be protecting them from? That is a serious question.

Please don't take these questions as anti-Christian statements. They are not.

I do not expose any of the tricks that I do just explain to them that they are all tricks and so are all the ones that they pay money to have done such as readings and the like. They are being enlighted to the fact that it is all a trick. As far as my supernatural belief. God is spiritual, not supernatural.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
The trouble with people who think they are 100% right is that they miss the boat on a lot of things.

It would be nice if people would qualify their statements as IMHO or "My personal take/view/belief is...." versus blanket statements.

Respect other peoples' points of view is a nice way to moving towards truth...

Like most things in this ambigious universe... trust in those who seek the truth... beware those who claim they have found it.... some old proverb that seems to make sense at times.

Jim coined a great term, "Ideological Bigot" - it really is a fun thing to say out loud... 6+2 syllables long... it is fun to pronounce, isn't it....?

People need to chillax.

The people who like to change the world based on utopian ideals often tied to fundamentalist concepts (religious and secular) seemed to have caused the most death, destruction, trauma onto innocents and genocide throughout history - and there is more and more research on this supporting this concept.

In the end, we are all stuck on this blob of mud - so we all interact together, wether we like it or not.

Now, please send your Donations to the SPECTRE TEMPLE for further sermons.

(Am I Satan? Am I Nyarlathotep? Am I the False Prophet? Am I Ravana? Am I Iblis? Am I Judas? Am I Apep? Or am I just bored on a Saturday morning waiting for my wife to dry her hair so we can go for coffee and read the newspaper?)
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2661 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Quote:
On 2007-12-08 11:26, Dr Spektor wrote:
Jim coined a great term, "Ideological Bigot" - it really is a fun thing to say out loud... 6+2 syllables long... it is fun to pronounce, isn't it....?

Not as much fun as saying, "Jalalabad." Say it. Your tongue will thank you.

And I think both preachers and mentalists should offer disclaimers before they go into their acts.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17586 Posts

Profile of Slim King
How about used car salesmen? Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Geller to claim £1m ? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL