The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Geller to claim £1m ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Yep MG - Jalalabad is fun to say too!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
zifferinolpm
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of zifferinolpm
Quote:
On 2007-12-08 11:26, Dr Spektor wrote:
The trouble with people who think they are 100% right is that they miss the boat on a lot of things.

It would be nice if people would qualify their statements as IMHO or "My personal take/view/belief is...." versus blanket statements.

Respect other peoples' points of view is a nice way to moving towards truth...

Like most things in this ambigious universe... trust in those who seek the truth... beware those who claim they have found it.... some old proverb that seems to make sense at times.

Jim coined a great term, "Ideological Bigot" - it really is a fun thing to say out loud... 6+2 syllables long... it is fun to pronounce, isn't it....?

People need to chillax.

The people who like to change the world based on utopian ideals often tied to fundamentalist concepts (religious and secular) seemed to have caused the most death, destruction, trauma onto innocents and genocide throughout history - and there is more and more research on this supporting this concept.

In the end, we are all stuck on this blob of mud - so we all interact together, wether we like it or not.

Now, please send your Donations to the SPECTRE TEMPLE for further sermons.

(Am I Satan? Am I Nyarlathotep? Am I the False Prophet? Am I Ravana? Am I Iblis? Am I Judas? Am I Apep? Or am I just bored on a Saturday morning waiting for my wife to dry her hair so we can go for coffee and read the newspaper?)

I think it's the coffee and newspaper thing!
darrylasher
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of darrylasher
Quote:
On 2007-12-08 09:35, DJM wrote:
Not sure if it has been posted.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/071205/new029.html?.v=29

"The world is abuzz"???? Really?

Oh, wait. It's not a news article. It's a press release. That 'splains it.

-Darryl
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2661 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Quote:
On 2007-12-08 17:12, Slim King wrote:
How about used car salesmen? Smile

I sometimes think people apply more skepticism to buying a car than they do when adopting a system of beliefs.
Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
Couple of things strike me as funny on this thread :

1) We get some press releases from what appears to be a very pro Uri guy who directs the Houdini museum. I'm sure that Houdini would see the irony in that.

2) I am really, really, really concerned about the mindset of posters on the Café who will claim that they believe in the paranormal and psychic powers. You're not talking to lay people here, you are talking to folk who know that the collected works of Banachek, Corinda et al are sat on your bookshelves. What gives ?
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Your belief has made you hole.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
magicusb
View Profile
Inner circle
1134 Posts

Profile of magicusb
To all: In discussing your beliefs, methods, psychology of mentalism, PK, mindreading, etc., please remember these pages are on a public forum and can be Googled.

Names of books or writers, etc., philosophy and philosophy of disclaimers are part of the real secrets of this art form. Some here may be giving laymen access to that information by posting here.

Many on this site may make a living in this field.
Some of the things said here might better on pages that have limited access.

Just my thoughts.
magicusb
Check out http://HoudiniOpoly.com

Houdini Museum Tour & Magic Show.
Only building in the world dedicated to Houdini.
http://Houdini.org
http://HoudiniDisplays.com
http://PsychicTheater.com
Scranton, Pa (570) 342-5555
"The truth shall make you free, but first it will make you angry." -Robert Ingersoll-Atheist (on the mind of Houdini when he died.)

We are thrilled we were able to bring The Grim Game to the world! Thanks TCM.
magicusb
View Profile
Inner circle
1134 Posts

Profile of magicusb
Some one mentioned Houdini in regards to one of my postings..
Quote:
I'm sure that Houdini would see the irony in that.

I am really, really, really concerned about the mindset of posters on the Café who will claim that they believe in the paranormal and psychic powers...............What gives ?

Many, many, many related to our field are not aware, because of their own agendas or lack of education, that Houdini counted amongst his friends many mindreaders, clairvoyants, and mystery acts.

People currently make claims about Houdini's thoughts in this area that are completely wrong and and self serving. If you can, read Houdini's Conjurors Magazine. It came directly from his home in New York. He edited, wrote, published and controlled it, as naturally he would. Read it please and you will find many favorable reviews of mindreaders, mentalists, psychic entertainers, etc. He did not attack them.

He would not have attacked fellow performers the way many magicians think it is ok to do today. He had a respect for fellow performers, unlike many now do. In fact there are once in a while good notices of other escape artists besides Hardeen.

Get educated before you make claims.

His crusade and possibly beliefs were very narrow.

He even wrote a movie that he starred in that promoted reincarnation. "The Man From The Beyond!"

Regards
magicusb

"The truth shall make you free, but first it will make you angry." -Robert Ingersoll-Atheist (on the mind of Houdini when he died.)

Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-12-19 12:15, magicusb wrote:
Quote:

I am really, really, really concerned about the mindset of posters on the Café who will claim that they believe in the paranormal and psychic powers...............What gives ?

Many, many, many related to our field are not aware, because of their own agendas or lack of education, that Houdini counted amongst his friends many mindreaders, clairvoyants, and mystery acts.

People currently make claims about Houdini's thoughts in this area that are completely wrong and and self serving. If you can read Houdini's Conjurors Magazine. It came directly from his home in New York. He edited, wrote, published and controlled it, as naturally he would. Read it please and you will find many favorable reviews of mindreaders, mentalists, psychic entertainers, etc. He did not attack them.

He would not have attacked fellow performers the way many magicians think it is ok to do today. He had a respect for fellow performers, unlike many today. In fact there are once in a while even good notices of other escape artists besides Hardeen.

His crusade and possibly beliefs was very narrow.

He even wrote a movie that he starred in that promoted reincarnation. "The Man From The Beyond!"

Regards
magicusb

I am not hugely knowledgable about Houdini so,in your opinion, do you think he would be comfortable with a performer who claimed they had real psychic powers ?
Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-12-19 12:15, magicusb wrote:
Quote:

People currently make claims about Houdini's thoughts in this area that are completely wrong and and self serving. If you can read Houdini's Conjurors Magazine. It came directly from his home in New York. He edited, wrote, published and controlled it, as naturally he would. Read it please and you will find many favorable reviews of mindreaders, mentalists, psychic entertainers, etc. He did not attack them.

He would not have attacked fellow performers the way many magicians think it is ok to do today. He had a respect for fellow performers, unlike many today. In fact there are once in a while even good notices of other escape artists besides Hardeen.

His crusade and possibly beliefs was very narrow.

Regards
magicusb

I am not hugely knowledgable about Houdini so,in your opinion, do you think he would be comfortable with a performer who claimed they had real psychic powers ?
magicusb
View Profile
Inner circle
1134 Posts

Profile of magicusb
I am not in a position to put words in the mouth of such a paramour in our field.

I can only tell you what he said and did. He did not come down on or attack mystery entertainers, or performers in general. That, I believe, is a fact.

Contacting the dead is another matter.

He did attack a few escape artists that he felt were stealing the escape act that he felt he originated.

magicub

Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-12-19 12:27, magicusb wrote:
I am not in a position to put words in the mouth of such a paramour in our field.

I can only tell you what he said and did. He did not come down on or attack mystery entertainers, or performers in general. That, I believe, is a fact.

Contacting the dead is another matter.

He did attack a few escape artists that he felt were stealing the escape act that he felt he originated.

magicub

that's really useful , thanks.

Your comments have given me something to think about. I wonder whether mentalists claiming to have real powers is legitimate until they step into the territory of saying they can contact the dead.

Thanks again.
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Wrong!

I have have a connection to the dead and have proven it on national live TV.

Jim
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Quote:
On 2007-12-08 11:26, Dr Spektor wrote:

Respect other peoples' points of view is a nice way to moving towards truth...

- and -

The people who like to change the world based on utopian ideals often tied to fundamentalist concepts (religious and secular) seemed to have caused the most death, destruction, trauma onto innocents and genocide throughout history - and there is more and more research on this supporting this concept.

Are these two statements at odds with each other?
Should we respect all points of view?

- entity
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
The key is a POV that involves harming another is not a good thing to respect...

Of course, what does respect mean?
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
czero
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC
282 Posts

Profile of czero
Quote:
On 2007-12-19 20:52, Jim-Callahan wrote:
Wrong!

I have have a connection to the dead and have proven it on national live TV.

Jim

All you've proven on national live TV is that you're a putz (and a REALLY bad actor).

--Mike
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Mike, you are lost and your ignorance blinds you.

Your last statement proves my point.

Randi could not expose me, so he talked Angel into trying to do what he was afraid to.

Thanks for playing

J ack
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20428 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Mike, Jim lives in a world where he thinks Randi and Criss know him, or care about him.

Don't take part in the debate as Jim stays in a world where he is "on" all the time. His supporters say it all the time. It is the key to being less frustrated by him.

He is not taking part in our world but one he has created in his own mind. Those who go to see him enjoy it if they are in his world, if not, he looks like a putz. No biggie, let him believe what he will. No way to change his mind, he chooses not to live in our world.

Jim, if you ever desire to stop by our world for a visit, I bet you would be an interesting guy to talk too. If you ever make it to our world let me know.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13154 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On 2008-02-03 15:11, Dannydoyle wrote:
Mike, Jim lives in a world where he thinks Randi and Criss know him, or care about him.

Danny, Criss does know Jim, they spent time together and have appeared together on TV, as for Randi, he has made reference to Jim several times.

This is the "real world."

Tony
lane99
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

Profile of lane99
You've had six weeks to come up with something, and that's the best you can do?

And here I'd been thinking the "czero" was referring to your name. My bad.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Geller to claim £1m ? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL