The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Geller to claim £1m ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
shane
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of shane
Quote:
On 2007-11-27 20:49, Banachek wrote:
I have a huge disclaimer in my show. I state I am not psychic as you would know if you have seen my show. So feel free to bring your envelopes. Not sure what the purpose would be? To test my psychic ablilities that I state I do not have?? Kinda wierd if you ask me.

Are you saying that you show contains no false claims? I have seen your show several times and though you do not claim to be physic you do make false claims during the show.
Is it ok to make false claims as long as they do not involve claims of the supernatural? Is it ok to lie to people about science?

that's like saying its ok to steal, but only somethings.
Oh wait I did that today when I complained about magciains stealing my effects and then downloaded Britneys new CD for free.

Looks like we are all a bunch of liars and theives who only care about anything when it fit our agenda.

Banachek,
I hope you enjoyed your holiday at home. I was in no way trying to attack you, only hoping to point out that we all have bias on any subject.

"Think more, type less"

Shane

P.s. Brits new CD is off the chain!
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2661 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Quote:
On 2007-11-28 08:59, shane wrote:
Are you saying that you show contains no false claims? I have seen your show several times and though you do not claim to be physic you do make false claims during the show.
Is it ok to make false claims as long as they do not involve claims of the supernatural? Is it ok to lie to people about science?

Jiminy Cricket. What part of "this will be my last word on this..." do you not understand?

It seems "Baiting Banachek" has become almost as popular a sport here as "Attacking Angel." Godfrey Daniel.

This places one of the giants of mentalism in a no-win situation. If he doesn't reply, he risks some here saying, "See? The big shot thinks he's too good to talk to us." If he does reply, he risks lending some legitimacy to a sniping post. It's a tribute to his professionalism that he can respond and still maintain his dignity. If I were Banachek (Alas, I'm not and never will be) I would be a lot less diplomatic.

In the future, please consider contacting Banachek telepathically.

In Thoughts,
Mind Guerrilla
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1794 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
On 2007-11-27 13:41, Slim King wrote:
When I do a "Reveal" I don't just come out and say...37!!!!!

I hope not, since you'd be wrong most of the time - unless you're still using that hackneyed psychological "you-know-what"!

Quote:
I usually have some sort of relevant story or weird reason...Why would Uri be so different?

Because he's a real psychic and you are an impostor! Smile

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17586 Posts

Profile of Slim King
What?...Where on my website does it say I'm an Imposter? Or even a Real Psychic?....Exactly where are you getting your info, or are you just making it up as you go along?
I'd love to see one of your performances...Got one on youtube? You love Banacheck but if my 11 year old daughter uses the number 37 in her act you are against it?
Have another beer Smile
:cheers:

Martin Gardners 37 force came out before Banachek was born Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1794 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
On 2007-11-28 13:18, Slim King wrote:

Martin Gardners 37 force came out before Banachek was born Smile

You're sounding an awful lot like Uri when he was talking to Criss just before the envelope reveal! Are you getting ready to guess what's in the second envelope? Smile

Terry
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17586 Posts

Profile of Slim King
No one wants to know Smile. Less than 10% of people have guess on the NBC forum compared to envelope number 1.......Even worse...Less than 150 out of 5 or 6 Million viewers...Not too much interest there Smile
I think that's about 3/1,000th of a percent Smile
Correct me if I'm wrong....
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4380 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
I made a guess to what's in the second envelope...
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1418 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Care to share that ? Smile
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Please put this in context! Angel was a MINOR player in this show. Look at the last episode please for cryin out loud. He had almost no screen time or 'go to' time. The camera was on him like a flea hop.

Put it in the context of ANY show. Take a Play...it has writers and producers and directors and Consultants and is all together except they need a name. So they get some B or C list 'star' to put on the marqee in case it might attract a few butts in the seats. Here's a guy who had a magic show on a third rate network. Buy his name to paste on the show. If the show is a hit he's still a minor player in the production. If it flops he's back to his 3rd rate network. All in all he is insignificant to the overall show as it was presented. Banacheck was a hired gun...a TOP gun in the field but not a with name recognition like CA. Banacheck gets a job to make CA look better. An impossible task but who is to know that ahead of time?

If some sideshow hires me as a consultant and to provide gaffs and then they hire some punk who can't cut it to front it, and he turns a potentially good idea to crap, you going to blame me? And not buy my stuff? Screw you.

Did anybody ever hear of BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT??? Do you think Banacheck EARNED that over the years of outstanding output and service to us all? You bet your ass he did. So because he gets hired to do a job that can't be done yet has the honor to follow it through he is to be raked over the coals? Wow. All for some flea bitten replacement TV show and 4th rate 40 yr old goth boy?

Banacheck has nothing to live down...most all in this business have plenty to live UP TO his level of professionalism and thoughtfulness. I don't know Banacheck but I know his work and it SHOULD take a lot more than a **** ant TV show to call out the dogs and threats not to buy his stuff. Think.

Do you thnk maybe Banacheck has some LOYALTY to those he was working with other than CA? Does that count anymore?

Your milage may differ but but hired guns shoot thier best shot and work with what they have to work with. Just like me and you.

Now everybody say, "Doug is right...let's cut banacheck some slack and give him the benefit of the doubt."

Now that we are all in sync...buy a Demented Eye please.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
magicusb
View Profile
Inner circle
1134 Posts

Profile of magicusb
On Uri Geller, who has to be considered one of the greatest mentalists of all time, it is pretty amazing that in less than 20 seconds after being challenged by Criss Angel as to what was in that envelope would have blurted out both the numbers 1 19 and 20 1. He, I am sure, was not told that it was numbers in the envelope and yet, no matter how you cut it, he blurted out those numbers, out of the millions of words in the English language. What you saw is what you got.

There is yet another youtube.com one that is long and avant guard,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RQWaMZgFkI

I hope the media picks up on this.

Best to all,

Dick Brooks
Houdini Tour & Magic Show
"Haunted! Mind Mysteries & THE Beyond
The countries longest running all year paranormal & seance shows.

Houdini Museum
1433 N. Main Ave
Scranton, PA 18508
(570) 342-5555
Check out http://HoudiniOpoly.com

Houdini Museum Tour & Magic Show.
Only building in the world dedicated to Houdini.
http://Houdini.org
http://HoudiniDisplays.com
http://PsychicTheater.com
Scranton, Pa (570) 342-5555
"The truth shall make you free, but first it will make you angry." -Robert Ingersoll-Atheist (on the mind of Houdini when he died.)

We are thrilled we were able to bring The Grim Game to the world! Thanks TCM.
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1794 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
On 2007-11-28 20:58, magicusb wrote:

I wonder what that guy was smoking when he put that video together?

Terry
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
He was smoking the contents of whatever is in Envelope #2

Say, anyone getting a Monty Haul feeling?
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
magicusb
View Profile
Inner circle
1134 Posts

Profile of magicusb
Just to keep this Phenomenon thing going, someone just emailed me from Europe with the following...

on European computers, the month comes after the day. So 911 would be 119 or "one-nineteen" which is exactly what Uri Geller said to Criss Angel!

Dick Brooks
Houdini Tour & Magic Show
The countries longest running all year paranormal & seance show.
Houdini Museum
1433 N. Main Ave
Scranton, PA 18508
(570) 342-5555

"The truth shall make you free, but first it will make you angry." -Robert Ingersoll-Atheist (on the mind of Houdini when he died.)

magicusb
View Profile
Inner circle
1134 Posts

Profile of magicusb
WOW.... Here is yet another Avant Guard take on 911, Uri Geller, Criss Angel and the Phenomenon show. I believe by the same videographer. A bit strong, I think, but it makes its point.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BVoUUEBx48

Dick Brooks

America's longest running all year paranormal & seance show.
(570) 383-9297

coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
We would have liked to take a gander to see if Buddha was folded into those papers CA discarded when he finally revealed the one with the three numbers. Should this be in Inner Thoughts?
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
It is not the Bu**ha papers... silly, CCD - it is the Angel Scroll effect - Cri$$ invented the technique two weeks before Bu**ha was even born.... in fact, the word AVM stands for MMMIIINNNDDFFFTRRRREEEAAAKKKK
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
darrylasher
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of darrylasher
Quote:
On 2007-11-28 20:58, magicusb wrote:
On Uri Geller, who has to be considered one of the greatest mentalists of all time, it is pretty amazing that in less than 20 seconds after being challenged by Criss Angel as to what was in that envelope would have blurted out both the numbers 1 19 and 20 1. He, I am sure, was not told that it was numbers in the envelope and yet, no matter how you cut it, he blurted out those numbers, out of the millions of words in the English language. What you saw is what you got.

The media didn't even pick up on the SHOW ITSELF, so I doubt they will pick up on a non-event that was part of that show.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
The look on Criss Angels face when Uri said those numbers....

In one single moment, he knew Randi was a con, and it looks like he may have pooed a little....

Discuss.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Quote:
On 2007-11-29 10:19, KingStardog wrote:
The look on Criss Angels face when Uri said those numbers....

In one single moment, he knew Randi was a con.

If I were Geller I would throw a curse on Criss Angel...

Because Uri sure has no power to curse (or has he?)... it will sure be just a coincidence if short time after being cursed Criss Angel will pay him the million Smile
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Ok serious for a bit.

His plan was to utilize a looped billet switch from his jeans with just one convenient opening under his left palm, but he went into panic mode and could not make the follow through. Once he was in panic mode we can see the full face flushing and what we call a softening of facial tone. A subconscious tell that his mind was panicking and he was going through a mental beat down.

(Incidentally, a low daily dose of dopamine will stave off the panic rush. An old con mans trick balancing the blood to keep calm, done with oversize cigars like churchills or with herbals in pill or tea form)

As for a curse? Well it was a self defeat, as I predicted, when exposing the sigals reversed their ability to block second sight. Now to explain how this works is very difficult without teaching it in active lessons. Imagine a hive mind. Not a global one but a smaller one with only a few thousand connections. Each connection has a specific talent but all are facets or pieces unless that piece is given to the rest. At that point the piece of common knowledge is distributed. Now when the reality that a white piece of paper became evident, it became a distributed reality, and the other talents can build upon it. Here is the rub. More than one hive mind is available and distributed processing to all of the hundreds or thousands does take a little time. Though not long. In fact the time is only dependent on the belief of the connections. Time is relevant. To understand this better in order to react to pain your nervous system and brain must actually work about a second and a half to two seconds...in the past for it to be instant in the present. Moving forward Uri's contact with CA brought the hives together in a way that can only work with that contact. Lets think of it this way. You work with someone daily. eventually you start thinking the same thoughts at the same time. How is this possible? spouses and friends utter the same words at the exact same time? Twins do it more. When an individual from one hive is defending itself, that hive will milk or steal from another what is needed for its defense. Now here are the steps to Uri's win. 1.The defeat of the sigal. 2.Knowing from a distributed talent that there was white paper further blocking the vision. 3. The actual harvest of the information. all three being unknown, and unbacked by current science, but supported by philosophical laws. The one thing that is critical is belief, because what is believed and perceived is created. Go back to the slot test. The electron goes right, left, or splits itself and goes through both slots, but only until it is being watched. Once it is aware it is being watched it comes under the expected scientific outcome. Change the receiving plate and stop watching and the electrons go back to doing whatever they want to. Regardless of what we want to believe outside of conscious perception they do behave the way they want, showing the smallest particles of matter think on their own. The second law of thermodynamics tells us they even want to dis assemble and exist in their simplest form but an unknown and unexplainable by science power has control over the way matter exists.

The layperson will be so lost by now they will disregard this as rubbish.

For inquiring expanded minds, the first of two movies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QlZ5O8_bGk

You can see all 10 parts on youtube. After that you will need to see the second dvds which you can get used off of amazon or some where called "down the rabbit hole" which is two dvds.

When you understand all of the concepts and science and are ready to create, do so, with rigid testing procedures and record all results in a journal. When you have mastered the laws of creation, then you can email me and we can be serious about everything else going forward, and away from those not ready to enjoy the adventure because their minds can't accept it. Remember, they are right because whomever taught them they are right said so. As you believe, so it is unto you.

Uri believes.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Geller to claim £1m ? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL