We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Geller to claim £1m ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1791 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
On 2007-11-29 16:10, KingStardog wrote:

The layperson will be so lost by now they will disregard this as rubbish.

You predicted it!

I feel like the Pincipal in Billy Madison who said, "Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul"? Smile

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17546 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I have the DVD and it is amazing!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Killer DVD. Slim you need to get the second one, called Down the rabbit hole. It has two dvds.

I am kind of partial to The Secret, after those two, but it is always the choice if someone chokes on what the bleep. Teach these things straight from the Old and New testament too, which freaks people out pretty good. Teach them from Clymer's oldest volumes too. Its all the same really.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17546 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Makes most of these Café discussions seem so superficial!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
...GATCHAMAN... Cri$$ is secretly Galactor/Zoltar.... (depending which series version you watch)...
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
darrylasher
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of darrylasher
Oh. Oh no. What the bleep. Really I mean that. What the BLEEP!
gamma105
View Profile
Regular user
City of Evil
150 Posts

Profile of gamma105
Quote:
On 2007-11-29 21:44, Dr Spektor wrote:
...GATCHAMAN... Cri$$ is secretly Galactor/Zoltar.... (depending which series version you watch)...

holy tight pants batman.. that brought back memories! lol
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Quote:
On 2007-11-29 21:01, Slim King wrote:
Makes most of these Café discussions seem so superficial!

I think the best test is the right and left ear click tapes. They made two tapes exactly the same, with more clicks for the right ear than the left.(headphones) One was locked in a safe, and a random subject listened to the other, but was told to focus on hearing more left clicks than right. after listening a couple of times the tape was returned and the brought it back to the lab.

when the counted the clicks there were more left clicks. The control was removed from the safe. Now we would expect the electrons on the strip to be altered from the test subject but when the control was removed, it also had changed to more left clicks.

Th tester were stunned. The tapes were now behaving the way that two differing minds both thought they should.

Now go look at some old VCR tapes and see if they are fading the way your memory of them did....
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Leaving folks hanging without giving exact answers isn't really fair I suppose.
I don't want anymore emails on the subject either.

Q. Did Uri actually guess what was in the envelope and get cut off?
A. Yes. but he may have created the cut off through belief he would be cheated regardless of the outcome or accuracy. Others may have also created with the same thoughts. Uri however demonstrated, he is fully educated in at least the Philosophical laws, even if he didn't understand the quantum mechanics. Jim is also certain to have the same functional understanding, and either given the full opportunity to respond could have. Jim's choice would have been the same as mine, without the the actual cash present, I would also decline. My belief is there never was any intent to pay and he copied an old stunt from the 1890s where an offer of ten thousand dollars was made to prove a cage was gimmicked was put up by an escape artist. The same garbage copied by Houdini about 20yrs later and CA 80yrs later. Its a Con.

Q.Are there laws of science to explain the function of the method and is there a specific method to create a reality, from a thought construct?
A.Yes. There are several methods to use the laws, but oddly enough, multiple differing methods to achieve the construct, change the rate and speed,or as we know, alter time itself, forward, backward, or present depending on choices.

Q. Will you tell exactly how to guess the second envelope in advance?
A. I already have,i'm done spoon feeding. Didn't the Master Teacher tell you: All of these things I do, you will do and greater? Didn't he read the mind of the disciple under the tree?
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
.... are you saying the envelope contains the name JUDAS?
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Quote:
On 2007-11-30 13:47, Dr Spektor wrote:
.... are you saying the envelope contains the name JUDAS?

He is a sort of magic judas eh?

My wife says Criss Angel is the OJ Simpson of magic.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2659 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
"WHAT THE BLEEP?!"

Aargh!
I weep! I wail! I gnash my teeth!

I never expected such new age jibber jabber to be accepted by those who are expert in the art of passing off baloney as filet mignon.

When it was running in the theaters, my friend and his wife recommended I go see it. They are new age types. I sent them my full review.

Luckily for you people I saved it on my hard drive and I now present it for your edification (whatever that means).
WHAT THE BLEEP DO WE KNOW!? (My rating: two stars out of four)
This one started out looking like it was going to be an at-least-three-star film, on par with a very good episode of NOVA. It starts off with a bunch of people discussing no less than the nature of reality and how quantum physics may reveal its inner workings to us. Can science be reconciled with religion? A lot of people have latched onto quantum physics as the missing link that can explain everything from Jesus Christ to psychic phenomena. Arguably, science is itself a religion but that’s a topic for another movie. So, anyway..yeah…a hell of a topic. I rubbed my hands and settled back thinking, “This oughta be good.” After ten or fifteen minutes, though, I began to get frustrated because none of the people on the screen were being identified. “Who the BLEEP Are these people?!” I wondered. Should I place any more value on what they have to say regarding the nature of existence than I would the ramblings of a random stoner? The fact that they were all basically agreeing with each other- that there was no dissenting viewpoint- did not help matters as far as keeping the discussion stimulating. Now one might assume that most of the people being interviewed in this movie are quantum physicists and/or theologians. If you sat through the end credits, you know this is not true. One of the people (the Irish guy) has some background in theology. Some of the other people are physicists but only a few have credentials which I would consider as making them experts on the subject matter of this film (and even those guys are associated with some rather obscure institutions (“The Maharishi University of Management?”)). One guy is an anesthesiologist (I think I might have seen him on a Discovery Channel special on a similar topic. I wonder if he makes his living now just sitting out in the desert discussing consciousness. It’s good work if you can get it.). As for the other “experts,” well, I’ll talk about a couple more of them in a bit.

A movie-within-the-movie endeavors to illustrate the points being made by the “experts.” It deals with a female photographer (played by CHILDREN OF A LESSER GOD’s Marlee Matlin) who is having a very weird day which includes running into a little boy playing basketball and spouting what sound like lines from THE MATRIX. This mini-movie features some amusing moments and cute animation but ultimately felt like so much filler. While standing on a train platform she learns of experiments done which seem to show that the molecular structure of water changes when exposed to various words and emotions. A man on the platform, played by Armin Shimerman of STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE (he also played Kramer’s caddy on SEINFELD), reminds her that we are all composed mainly of water- so can you imagine what negative feelings must be doing to us? So what’s all this about changing the molecular structure of water? That’s alchemy isn’t it- lead-into-gold, quintessence, blah blah blah? Do negative emotions change water into peanut butter or what? The photographs on display do show the molecular structure of water. I don’t think that they ever actually mention that these are photographs of ice crystals. Some of the photos show very nice symmetric crystal formation. Is it because positive feelings and words were associated with this batch of water or is it because the water used was very pure? One photo shows an ugly, disordered scene. Is this because the message “You make me sick” was written on the container or is this because contaminated water was used? You be the judge! I don’t think we have much to worry about unless we are caught outside in a blizzard. If you freeze to death, I guess it would be embarrassing to have asymmetric crystal formation (“Not only did he freeze to death but he was thinking negative thoughts to boot!”). This is all based on the actual work of a guy called Mr. Emoto. Yes, that’s his real name (Domo arigato).

Now, believe it or not, at this point I still thought this was a decent three-star flick...well, two-and-a-half maybe. But the movie takes a weird left turn. It goes from discussing the nature of particles to the theory that we are all unable to makes changes in our lives because we are addicted to emotions. WTF? Many of the talking heads seen at the beginning of the film are absent in this portion of the movie. A Stuart Smalley-type guy seated in front of a fireplace dominates this section of the film although we occasionally also get words of wisdom from a husky blond woman who seems to be wearing Captain Kathryn Janeway’s dress uniform (As an example of how we can create our own reality she offers the example of a man getting a “hard on” while having a sexual fantasy. WTF?). It was during this portion of the film that I felt like the victim of a bait and switch. What began as a discussion of the nature of reality was now turning into some self-help infomercial-cum-cult that would put L. Ron Hubbard to shame (At the end of her weird day, the female photographer throws her medication away! This scene would give faith healer Peter Popoff a hard on.). The Stuart Smalley guy says that he creates his own day and that he then gets confirmation of this by receiving some sort of unambiguous sign. Unfortunately he offers not one concrete example of this (At one point he does create a new word though: “mediocricy.”). And what are this guy’s credentials? According to the end credits, he’s a chiropractor. Those chiropractors are all such know-it-alls! And who, pray tell, is the woman in the Starfleet uniform? Why, it’s Ramtha! Yes, that’s right, it’s the dame who, for the past twenty-five years or so has made big bucks by claiming to channel a 35,000 year-old spirit/warrior. Where are Penn & Teller when we need them?

The movie switches back to its more general theme toward the end and all the talking heads return. I had pretty much tuned out at this point.
I passed on the sequel.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Mind Guerrilla, Are you sure you wrote that and not Stewy from the family Guy? Smile
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
I do find that persons of self absorbed or material nature do try to reject what they are too mentally challenged to even partially understand.

And I do think your review was 100% correct. I mean just look at this string of Harvard, Yale, and Stanford educated hacks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjLYv-fiaxw&feature=related
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Quote:
On 2007-11-30 15:50, KingStardog wrote:
I do find that persons of self absorbed or material nature do try to reject what they are too mentally challenged to even partially understand.

And I do think your review was 100% correct. I mean just look at this string of Harvard, Yale, and Stanford educated hacks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjLYv-fiaxw&feature=related

Yep, now that I pause every caption and read them closely I can see I look up to the wrong sort of element and run in the wrong crowds. I am a total loser for not worshiping some mentalist from Queens.

Its so clear to me now.
JohnEBlaze
View Profile
New user
Maitland, FL
66 Posts

Profile of JohnEBlaze
Quote:
You predicted it!

I feel like the Pincipal in Billy Madison who said, "Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul"? Smile

Terry

Knibb High Football Rules!
zeggman
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of zeggman
I think you may be too on something.

I also am exposed music and spoken word onto my cattle.

When speaking word "Criss Angel," de facto steaming symmetry, like a Fuji-san.

When say instead, "KingStarDog," explosive diarrhea.

Not to be cleaning that up, you betcha.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Oooooooh! Zeggman! we have a new player....Perhaps you have some great insight too as to the actual methodologies that can be expressed in science?

Let me start off that I'm sure your racist overtones against the Japanese scientist, doing his best to speak English, were an attempt at humor at my expense. Certainly you are not the racist scum, that impedes globalism, and the advancement of mankind as a whole. On behalf of the good Doctor I accept your apologies here for him, unless of course you want to put on your white hood.

On to the items in question.

First off, your reference to the the ice crystal experiment shows you do not have even the slightest bit of understanding. The experiment is exactly this:

In order to follow the laws, it..... Can Not.... work double blind, if it did , it would show that direct thought does not create the outcome. The tested object must be exposed to consciousness. Go back to the double slot test and think it through again. You need to ask another question to figure out the answer, but are close. Since you have no belief in anything and, probably not even in yourself, you need to perform the rice test before actually bringing the bull patties out. In your case, I recommend you remove the control jar and store it in a neutral area and never in your presence. Remember everything must be sterilized including the lids.

The water molecule in its most ancient,perfect and natural form is a perfect pentagon shape... before...being frozen.

If you are in the top 20% this information is pure gold. If you are at the bottom you will never grasp it in this lifetime. Read this book and you will have some solid ground to comment from. Ultimate Computing: Bimolecular Consciousness and Nanotechnology. When you read it, we can discuss.

Remember, the detractors are always right, because whomever taught them they are right, said so. Now they believe it without ever thinking on their own.

So grades for the new pupils:

Mind Guerrilla: B Although you were repulsed and bored, and its just not up your alley you had presence to write down your opinions, from memory and had the receptive mind to try it out. For 80%, its just not their bag, no interest, nadda , zip.

Zeggman: D- Solely on the ability to grasp complex concepts, and not related to racism at all. Everything must be tested. You however need to work on how you will determine what to test and the correct methods.You need serious work on big picture thinking. You are focusing on a very small part.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Geller to claim £1m ? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.29 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL