The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Sadie Hawkins anyone? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Well, I don't know if I did this right or not... Smile

I think he and I are doing something together....I'm just not sure what....nor am I sure of when. It was one of those "When our schedules match up, why not us get together and do something".

Like I said....I really don't know how to go about doing this sort of thing.

(a very confused) Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
ChrisZampese
View Profile
Veteran user
Hamilton, NZ
341 Posts

Profile of ChrisZampese
Sounds like you did fine!

At least you have made a move. Now you just need to follow it up. Make sure that you remind him that you were going to catch up (dont leave it too long, otherwise he wont think that you want, but don't do it too soon, otherwise he might think you are too keen - which can be kinda scary!). I would say less than a week so that it is still fresh in his mind.

Then once you get together you can use your natural charm and good looks to 'cement the deal'.

Good Luck!!
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are
Magix
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of Magix
OK Margarette, you started this. Now, we need an update. Smile
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Well, actually, there has been a twist in the plans!! Grab a cup of coffee because this might take a while... Smile

Well, everyone knows I work in a church. A new member to a Sunday School class came by the office for a book, and I didn't have any. BUT, he stayed for about an hour and a half just talking with me. The next day, the pastor asked me if he had come by to just to see me, and I told her no, he had come by for a book, which I didn't have. Come to find out, there were books available...no one told me where they were. The pastor told me to call him and tell him that there was a book for him in the office. He didn't have a phone number listed in the directory, and then the pastor said, "You can give it to him now...he's here." He wasn't there for the book because I told him it would be in class for him on Sunday. He stayed for about an hour and we talked. Before anyone says anything, I did get all my work done. Well, Friday, I really wanted to talk with him, but as I said earlier, the church had no record of a phone number for him. As it happened, I know his mother, as she was chair of the committee that hired me. So, I called his mom and asked her to get a message to him to call me, figuring it would be a couple hours at the earliest IF he called at all. Well, it weren't five minutes after I talked to his mother that he was calling me. Before I knew it, I was asking him out for a cup of coffee at a local Starbucks. Figured a cup of coffee wouldn't be too bad...if we didn't hit it off, hey, coffee can be as short as fifteen minutes. WEEEEELLLLLLLL......three hours later I was looking at my watch and gasping because I had to pick my kids up from the Parent's Night Out group they were at. So, I don't know if it counted that I talked to his mom as calling him, but I asked him out, he accepted, AND I paid for the coffee (tea actually), but he said he did feel a bit weird at me paying.

As for the friend I'm supposed to one day do something with, well, that's still on, but no time, place, or date set yet. Although, I'm not giving up on that!!

Margarette
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Well done, soon you'll have to turn the guys down!!!.
Just shows what happens when you don't try too hard; and also that all the worrying about the other scenario never happened(yet). I WON'T ask you to keep us informed suffice it to say...Enjoy.

Howard
Magix
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of Magix
Way to go! It is amazing what can happen when you're not looking!
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
All I got to say right now is that if you guys felt the way I did asking him out for coffee....it's amazing the two genders ever got together!! I didn't think my heart could beat any faster or my mouth could get any drier!! It's a good thing my anti-perspirant was working!!

Margarette
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5289 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Oh yes! That is exactly what many of us go through!

I have been under fire in two different wars, I have been in the middle of a riot (and injured badly), I have died on stage more times than I can count, and I would still believe that asking a woman out is the most stressful and dangerous thing I do! Frankly, I’d rather be shot at!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
HiveMind
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of HiveMind
Good for you! My wish came true, like real
magic a serendipidous delight for you.
"Free will is an illusion." - B.F. Skinner
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Sadie Hawkins anyone? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL