The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » 3-fly (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

herd69
View Profile
New user
south charleston, west virginia
42 Posts

Profile of herd69
i do bob kohlers ultimate 3-fly and his routine,i was wondering if anyone else does ultimate 3-fly and does a different version then bobs that they would like to share. i love bobs handeling but im always looking for changes. also wandering if anyone does a production of those coins before doing the ultimate 3-fly they would like to share.

thanks so much, eddie
mjb16
View Profile
Loyal user
Ossining, New York
208 Posts

Profile of mjb16
Check out Paul Wilson's Crowded Coins. It's killer and very clean as well!javascript:InstaSmilie()
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
978 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
Interesting question?
When I bought the Black Envelope from Bob, I asked him if the U3F video would ever be released in DVD. He informed me that it's undecided but mentioned that he is aware of some dynamite effects or variations being done with the U3F coins by the "underground" establishment and, if they ever decided to part with their secrets, he could eventually consider releasing this knowledge.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Quote:
On 2003-02-24 19:57, GeorgeG wrote:
he is aware of some dynamite effects or variations being done with the U3F coins by the "underground" establishment and, if they ever decided to part with their secrets, he could eventually consider releasing this knowledge.

That's kinda putting the cart before the horse. Most of the guys respect Bob and his creation enough to not spill their work with it unless Bob ever makes the gaffs public knowledge. So I don't see it happening unless Bob spills the beans first.

I have a production and vanish sequence to frame the routine using the gaffs but I would never tip the routines because the coins used are not public knowledge. I know Dave Neighbors has a bunch of different handlings with the gaffs as well.

Paul Wilson has adapted the coin set to his Crowded Coins, including a different production sequence that uses the gaff set.

Dan
Click to visit:
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
978 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
Dan
What I understood Bob telling me was that he would contemplate releasing a DVD version of his U3F instructional video if these additional ideas or routines could be added to the DVD. Of course, the DVD would only be sold to owners of his U3F, but what an enriched resource that would be. Smile
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Ah ok George I understand now.
Click to visit:
ecole66
View Profile
New user
Quincy Illinois
19 Posts

Profile of ecole66
Dan,
Does Crowded Coins as taught on Paul's Knock 'Em Dead DVD use Kohler's U3F? I was under the impression that it did not.

Thanks for your help,
Ernie
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Ernie,

No, Paul teaches his original method which is ungaffed on the DVD. His new handling with the gaffs is unpublished, though I have seen him perform it. It keeps the structure and timing and look of his original routine, but allows the clean shows that the U3F coins provide. (Showing only 3 coins at play, not hiding any other coin).

If you have U3F and are familiar with Crowded coins, it is not difficult to integrate the gaffs to Paul's routine if you are fond of it.

Dan
Click to visit:
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi Guys,
If Bob Wants To put it out I would Be happy to toss My stuff In!!!

Best David Neighbors
The Coinujurer
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
John F
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of John F
Hello,

The answer will probably be no, but are the gaffs made or will they ever be made in U.K currency?

When you buy Bob's routine and gaffs which is the most important part, the secret (routine) or the gaff coins?
In other words, if I buy the routine from Bob will I be able to have the gaffs made or are they availabe? Will I be able to buy the necessary shell, folding coins, whatever it uses individually? Or does this use a supreme gaff that's only made in U.S coins and is only available from Bob.

If not, is there any coins accross routine that even comes close to this?

Thanks,

John. Smile
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
The thing is a package, the coins, the video, the routine, they are inseperable.

Todd Lassen makes the coins for Bob. I think Todd will make the gaff in other currency only with Bob's permission. So if you want the set made out of different coins you may want to try to contact Bob.

Right now is a bad time though since he is moving. I would try him sometime mid March.

Dan
Click to visit:
KyleHarnish
View Profile
New user
Southern California
51 Posts

Profile of KyleHarnish
Cirtus Kam has a great 3-fly routine in palms of steal(1)I think but if it wasnt still, wooo its good!

:wow:
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » 3-fly (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL