The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Annual Free trick 2007-08 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Every year I give away a free trick or two for the holidays. Keeping with the tradition here's my first free trick this year. I have another one I might add to this thread in a day or two.

Jaxon's Card Flight
This one is very simple but it can be a lot of fun in a bar or anyplace you might find a dart board. The idea hit me when I watched a video of Cyril performing a card trick with a dart board.

EFFECT
A card is selected, remembered and lost in the deck. The magician holds a dart in one hand and the deck of cards in the other. The deck of cards is sprung at the dart board. While the cards are fluttering the magician throws his dart at the board. The audience sees that the magician wasn't successful in catching the card with the dart. Only a single dart is on the board but no card. But when the dart is removed from the board isn't noted that the flight of the dart is actually a folded card. The card is removed from the dart and unfolded. It's the lost card.

AS you can see the effect is very simple. All you have to do is force a duplicate. Watch this video to see how to fold the ......ht shape (The video is low quality but I hope you can see it ok).

Just stick this on the end of a dart. Pick up some cheap darts because you'll need to widen the opening a little to get the card on there.

Dart flights come in a variety of sizes and colors. If you're lucky you can find some that actually have a card design on them. I've seen them before. But what I do is pick up some large flights. scan the back of a card and glue it onto some flights. So they look like the folded card. They can be handed out or used in a real darts game. No one will pay much attention to them anyway. Then simply switch one for the loaded dart before you perform the trick.

It is possible to do this with a signed selection if you have a friend with you. When using a signed selection it's best to do a multiply selection routine such as a card to pocket. Sneak the signed card to your friend. Have them fold it and load it into the dart as you find the first couple of selections. No one knows the dart has anything to do with the trick yet so no one will be paying attention to that. Then just act like you have an idea ad find the last card with the dart.

I've never used this next idea but maybe you'll find a use for it. You can switch the card that's actually on the dart for one that's classic palmed in your hand. Or if your real flight looks like a card you can switch card for the folded card. Simple have the folded card you classic palmed. AS you pull the card or flight off the dart grab it in finger palm and let the classic palmed one fall to the table. Then just put your dart in your pocket and ditch the flight/card.

Play this right and it's a very strong trick. I hope someone can use it.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
silapmata
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of silapmata
I do not know about other's but your tips are awesome! Thank You!
disneywld
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
614 Posts

Profile of disneywld
Fun idea, thanks!
The Magic of Christopher Manos
www.christophermanos.com
trickytrav
View Profile
Veteran user
391 Posts

Profile of trickytrav
Brilliant idea, this I will use as I play darts regular in my pub(bar).A prime example of a simple trick made great by presentation.By the way have you tried loading card on point of dart so it becomes a card stab type routine.A little misdirection would be needed but would be worth a try.
KapBoy77
View Profile
Loyal user
Ottawa, Canada
213 Posts

Profile of KapBoy77
Thanks for the great idea!

Andre
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Good one, Ron. Thanks!
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
What happened to Ron? He hasn't posted in quite awhile...
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Annual Free trick 2007-08 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL