The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Airplane Vanish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dave Gerin
View Profile
New user
New York/Daytona Beach
55 Posts

Profile of Dave Gerin
So heres the deal I have two years before I want to do this and I already have the permission to use a plane(Im a pilot, this was the easy part). I just want to know where I can start reading up on vanishes of large objects . So if anyone has ANY advice or knowledge on the subject it, your help would be greatly appreciated.
darrylasher
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of darrylasher
I think you will get the best feedback if you can give some details about where and how you will perform it.

On the tarmac? Live audience or for TV? Or both? Day or night? How far away will the audience be? On bleachers, or standing? What kind of plane? How big is it? How much time will you have with the plane to prepare? Are there budgetary concerns? Do you have access to assistants? How much room will you have to perform?

Anything you can think of to add more detail will increase your chances of a good reply.

Meanwhile you can Google for various phrases about vanishing planes or large objects, and search some online magic book stores book sections to get started.

Good luck.
Joey911
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Joey911
Yrs, we need to know more. If it is a large 757 type plane, or a small "puddle hopper" Are there going to be people in it (just woul add for a cooler effect)
Irish_matt
View Profile
Loyal user
St.Louis, MO
202 Posts

Profile of Irish_matt
I'd say get in touch with Franz Harary. While you may get whatever info you need by resourcing books and google etc, he's the guy in the business with the most experience with these sorts of vanishes. You may be able to get him through his website..

Matt
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
The only problem is Franz guards his secrets for mega-illusions pretty carefully and I doubt very much that he would freely give his information over to other magicians. Franz is a good guy and a very creative thinker. You certainly can call and talk with him about it. He may not be able to tell you his own methds, but perhaps he may be able to point you in the right direction to find out more about it.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
MagicofKevin_85
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of MagicofKevin_85
Franz would be a great resourse, however, tough to get ahold of. I've emailed several times, but no reply. He's even from my home state of Michigan.
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
There was supposed to be a MEGA-Illusion conference several years ago.. Franz being one of the speakers..

There were other guys on teh list as well.. if you can find that list.. someone may be more help
owln_1
View Profile
Loyal user
dallas /now live by tulsa
222 Posts

Profile of owln_1
Might look into useing scrim
Lusion
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Lusion
Franz is a Great guy! I had no problem contacting him and speaking with him. He is very helpful and a great asset to the Magic community!
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
PM'd you
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
MagicofKevin_85
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of MagicofKevin_85
I agree, Franz is a great guy and a valuable asset to magic. I wasn't attempting to paint a grim picture of him. He's a busy man and just hard to get ahold of. My apologies if I hit a nerve Lusion.
Lusion
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Lusion
LOL no Kevin , no nerve hit there.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Airplane Vanish (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL